Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
missSHER
Regular
Regular

Post by missSHER » Tue, 03 Aug 2010 10:24 pm

anyone here wanna go for the SQ interview this saturday together? PM me! :D

rebeccacious
Regular
Regular

Post by rebeccacious » Tue, 03 Aug 2010 11:30 pm

yan84 wrote:i'm a guy. Must i wear a blazer suit for the interview this Sat 7 Aug? or wearing formal is enough? with tie? without tie?

secondly, for the skin chack, must our face be 100% flawless? what if there is 2-3 spots of old permanent pimple leftover spots? is having a small stub of goatee ok? or do i have to shave clean for the recruitment?

Thanks in advance!
I think you should wear formal - with tie. In STC all the guys wear formal wear with tie. :)

I don't know what they look for in skincheck but I suppose you musn't have any visible scars or uneven skin? Best you shave clean, goatees are not allowed.
SIA ♥♥

folkiepokie

Post by folkiepokie » Tue, 03 Aug 2010 11:34 pm

anyone out there still waiting for the call...?

12017174crew

Post by 12017174crew » Tue, 03 Aug 2010 11:43 pm

hey folkiepokie, how long have you been waiting?

yanyan191

Post by yanyan191 » Wed, 04 Aug 2010 12:22 am

Hi everyone I'm a newbie. I would like to go for the interview this saturday but I do not know how to swim. Should I state that in the application form? Thanks. :)

dyeo

Post by dyeo » Fri, 06 Aug 2010 12:21 am

hello missSHER. i'll be going but i cant pm you cos i haven't posted enough.
what time will you be there?

anyway, do you guys have any idea if kebaya fitting would be held on the same day? like right after u clear management interview? cos i was thinking of wearing really high heels BUT i don't want to fall down when wearing my kebaya. that is if i pass all the rounds. hehe

what about medical check up? a few days later?

runaway

Post by runaway » Fri, 06 Aug 2010 12:58 am

Is tongue piercing allowed in STC?

dyeo

Post by dyeo » Fri, 06 Aug 2010 2:51 am

do you think this is the final interview of 2010?

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Fri, 06 Aug 2010 5:31 am

slimslee wrote: she wants to go for the interview tis sat but she has had a MINOR traffic
Tell her to tell the truth - start lying now and she will be doing so all her life and will ultimately be found out, other people have done similar and been accepted.

rebeccacious
Regular
Regular

Post by rebeccacious » Fri, 06 Aug 2010 7:30 am

dyeo wrote: anyway, do you guys have any idea if kebaya fitting would be held on the same day? like right after u clear management interview? cos i was thinking of wearing really high heels BUT i don't want to fall down when wearing my kebaya. that is if i pass all the rounds. hehe

for the kebaya round it will be the following day and you'll have to wear the sandals they provide with it, not your heels. medical check-up is mondays-fridays, up to you when you wanna go.
SIA ♥♥

mouse
Regular
Regular

Post by mouse » Fri, 06 Aug 2010 12:35 pm

Does the revised interview rounds requires checking weight?
Last time during 2nd round at kebaya fitting have a weight check.

duriancake

Post by duriancake » Fri, 06 Aug 2010 2:08 pm

how do they do the skin check? and the arms? do they still use bright fluorescent lights to scrutinize? tia~~

dyeo

Post by dyeo » Fri, 06 Aug 2010 4:52 pm

according to my understanding, they will check only your face in skin check round. then when you go for the kebaya fitting, they will check your face, neck and hands for any visible scars/spots.

cats eye

Post by cats eye » Fri, 06 Aug 2010 5:01 pm

hi does anyone know if sia hires other nationality who is a SPR? other than Singaporean / Mlaysians?
cats eye

natalatte

Post by natalatte » Fri, 06 Aug 2010 5:34 pm

rebeccacious wrote:
dyeo wrote: anyway, do you guys have any idea if kebaya fitting would be held on the same day? like right after u clear management interview? cos i was thinking of wearing really high heels BUT i don't want to fall down when wearing my kebaya. that is if i pass all the rounds. hehe

for the kebaya round it will be the following day and you'll have to wear the sandals they provide with it, not your heels. medical check-up is mondays-fridays, up to you when you wanna go.
durin your kebaya round, you are required to wear the uniform together with the sandals. So it aint a problem to wear heels for the interview. In fact it's good to wear heels of 1-2inches tall, as the interviewers will look at the way you walk from the moment you step into the room.

depending on what time you're there for the walk-in. if you're an early bird. All rounds of interview including management round will be conducted on the same day. only medical check-up be held on a different date as provided to convinience.

Right not SIA is very lack of crew, so good luck to all you guys who're going for tomorrow's walk-in. Remember humble pie & smile always!
♥ A great way to fly ♥