Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
coccopie

Post by coccopie » Sat, 31 Jul 2010 9:07 am

hey, may i know how many days prior to our training would they schedule us to sign the deed?

jerlina

Post by jerlina » Sat, 31 Jul 2010 9:39 am

cocopie, the signing of the deed will be scheduled one week before the actual training date.

cappucinochips

Post by cappucinochips » Sun, 01 Aug 2010 12:43 am

Hi Crunkbabee!

I'm curious about the mgt & fitting round; since they're not conducted on the same day as the interview, will it be definitely conducted on the very next day, or is there a chance that it might be scheduled to other dates as well?

Is it better to go as early as possible, so that you get to go for the mgt & fitting round the very next day (if you pass the prev rounds, that is..) ?

8th aug is supposed to be half day right.. since 9th is national day..wonder if they will actually conduct the second interview on 8th..? hmm. What do you think..

Hehe :D sorry to ask so much.
<3

crunkbabee
Regular
Regular

Post by crunkbabee » Sun, 01 Aug 2010 1:32 pm

haha im nt too sure of that..maybe you should just go and see what happens :) usually for walk ins from what i see the management are conducted the next day. well its always better to go early to avoid crowds etc..

sienaee

Post by sienaee » Mon, 02 Aug 2010 5:21 pm

hi guys. do any of u noe whether the parkin at STC is free or we have to pay? do any of u drive to training? Thanks.

sachi

Post by sachi » Mon, 02 Aug 2010 5:50 pm

hi guysss, i'd like to know whether the non-singaporean is allowed to the upcoming walk-in this saturday or not? because I will be in singapore to accompany my mom this weekend :) and im thinking to attend the walk-in.. hehehee... thank you in advance :) :)

bbekandy
Regular
Regular

Post by bbekandy » Mon, 02 Aug 2010 7:59 pm

i would love to be with SIA. but i have a tattoo that can be slightly seen with the kebaya. :(
regret...

rebeccacious
Regular
Regular

Post by rebeccacious » Mon, 02 Aug 2010 8:52 pm

sienaee wrote:hi guys. do any of u noe whether the parkin at STC is free or we have to pay? do any of u drive to training? Thanks.
hey, you can apply for a parking space on the 1st day of training. as to what i know, it should be free.
SIA ♥♥

rebeccacious
Regular
Regular

Post by rebeccacious » Mon, 02 Aug 2010 8:58 pm

sachi wrote:hi guysss, i'd like to know whether the non-singaporean is allowed to the upcoming walk-in this saturday or not? because I will be in singapore to accompany my mom this weekend :) and im thinking to attend the walk-in.. hehehee... thank you in advance :) :)
Hey babe,

As stated on the SIA website,

Requirements

* Singapore or Malaysian citizenship

So if you've neither I doubt you can proceed with the interviews.
SIA ♥♥

Hans22

ns deferment

Post by Hans22 » Mon, 02 Aug 2010 10:13 pm

hey Fudz,

do pardon me as I can't reply you specifically via pm.

With regards to the deferment, I'm not sure how it goes for your unit/vocation. I was serving my NS as an officer with SPF. I tried deferring via ns.gov.sg and then I called my ns office for further clarification. After which, they asked me to send in the papers to verify that I am starting soon and it will clash with the call up. So I sent in my acceptance letter and showed them the contract.

Just give your unit a call or your ns department a heads up. I'm sure it's across the board, but in the SPF there is a stipulation that states that they can't touch us for 6months once we start a new job.

Worst comes to worst, just give mary a call and she'll probably reschedule you to another training date.

And I guess it also helps that you know the ns department officers and if you're a senior officer and knows the key officers, they can help weigh in your request.

I hope this helps. Somehow. But I guess don't worry, you're already guaranteed a place as CC. So no issues there. :D

12017174crew

Training Date

Post by 12017174crew » Tue, 03 Aug 2010 10:47 am

26th June Walk-in.
28th June Medical checkup, failed my BP test and when for re-test
3rd Aug Mary called.
19th Aug Training Date

Anyone starts training on 19th Aug? PM me Pls :wink:

sachi

Post by sachi » Tue, 03 Aug 2010 10:54 am

@ rebeccacious thanks babe for your info ;)

good luck to everyone who's attending :D

yan84

Post by yan84 » Tue, 03 Aug 2010 5:26 pm

i'm a guy. Must i wear a blazer suit for the interview this Sat 7 Aug? or wearing formal is enough? with tie? without tie?

secondly, for the skin chack, must our face be 100% flawless? what if there is 2-3 spots of old permanent pimple leftover spots? is having a small stub of goatee ok? or do i have to shave clean for the recruitment?

Thanks in advance!

slimslee

Post by slimslee » Tue, 03 Aug 2010 5:28 pm

@current sia crew/ex crew/anyone with gd advice

hey! im asking for a fren urgently!
she wants to go for the interview tis sat but she has had a MINOR traffic offence previously & had to attend court, where the judge fined her and she just paid the fine and it was settled. should she stil go for the interview tis sat? because she has had court case? under the application form, she was asking me if she should just put the truth and write "yes", but shes afraid they might reject her immed! I told her SIA should give her a chance to explain herself since its only a traffic offence-like a small case...

pls advice for anyone who has had experience with this...much appreciated!

sienaee

Post by sienaee » Tue, 03 Aug 2010 6:08 pm

thanks rebecca...