Singapore Expats

PR Rejected,Would like to inquire reasons with ICA?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
rk1977_in

PR Rejected,Would like to inquire reasons with ICA?

Post by rk1977_in » Mon, 02 Aug 2010 8:24 pm

Hi friends,
My PR was rejected after I applied two months ago and there was no reason provided to me as I recieved a letter today in two lines i.e. We regret to inform you that your application is not successful. However, you can continue to work on your existing visa. FYI, I am a PEP pass holder,Working with one of the top notch company in Singapore as a permanent employee from Day 1, Hold a Bachelors of Engineer degree(Computer Science) Graduate from an top notch institute/university in India,Working in singapore for more than a year now and have 10 years of Hard core IT experience, Any advice/suggestions how I can proceed to check with ICA on the reasons behind rejection. Also, I would like to seek advice as to when I can apply again. Any suggestions/advice would be highly appreciated.Thanks.
Last edited by rk1977_in on Mon, 02 Aug 2010 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Asdracles » Mon, 02 Aug 2010 8:42 pm

Nobody knows the real reasons, but there are some weak points in your application

1 - The thing about your son. PR is the main source for National Service men

2 - If you spent some time reading similar cases before posting, you know that is almost impossible to get a PR nowadays without a minimum 2 years stay in Singapore

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 02 Aug 2010 10:11 pm

You were rejected and rightly so. You are trying to abuse the system and they saw through the ruse. You excuse about you son is just that. An Excuse and also a clear sign that you had no intentions of staying here for the long term. You have been outted and frankly I agree with them. If you want your family to listen to the music then the family must be ready to pay the piper. You were trying to get a free ride for your son. BZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! Sorry.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: PR Rejection case inspite of a str case.What can be reas

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 02 Aug 2010 11:03 pm

rk1977_in wrote:Hi friends,
I submitted my PR application along with the sponsor letter from my company and applied a month ago and it was rejected with no reason as I recieved a letter with explaination of two lines i.e. We regret to inform you that your application is not successful. However, you can continue to work on your existing visa. I am a PEP pass holder,Married, Having a son hold a Bachelors of Engineer degree(Computer Science) Graduate from an top notch institute/university in India. I have been working in singapore for the past 13 months and have 10 years of working experience in IT industry. Also, I am working with one of the top notch company as an IT Manager as a permanent employee from Day 1 and I submitted my PR application for myself and my wife and didn't include my Son as We want our son to take a decision that he wishes to become a PR in the future or not. When I should apply PR again. Also, Are there any issues if we apply again without including my son next time again as we wish him to be on a Long term visit pass. Lastly, I heard from sources there are lot of PR's getting rejected these days due to forthcoming elections in Singapore. Also, Is there a possibility that I didn't apply for my son and that can be the reason for rejection.?. Any advice/suggestions would be highly appreciated.Thanks
[/b]
You are here in Singapore for just one year and it is tough to get a PR in the current scenario within a year of stay in Singapore.

They are looking for people who can settle here for long term.

Also there are many master degree holders and PHD holders who have been rejected PR in the recent times.

So this is nothing new. Try to Apply after another 1 year. Even then if you don't include your son in the application then your chances are not high.

Good Luck !

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Tue, 03 Aug 2010 5:51 am

Buy HDB resale house, apply with family nucleus.
Earn more money and try to do some business.
Make sure you apply after One Year or longer. Give more time to proof them you are NOT an abuser but a stayer
One Year in SG and you straight away apply for PR yourself only ? Is this true? How clever but Gahmen is cleverer. Don't you think ?
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 03 Aug 2010 7:17 am

MS, the key words here are the fact that he don't apply for his son. Gahmen surely gonna nix, PhD or not.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Tue, 03 Aug 2010 8:59 am

Did have a laugh at the way the OP has edited out the bit about his son etc, unfortunately he hasn't realised it's still there in black n white for everyone to see!

Looks like the Gahmen are getting wise to this tactic and something I applaud =D>

rk1977_in

I have a different question now, Please note

Post by rk1977_in » Tue, 03 Aug 2010 9:12 am

I also had a laugh the way you replied :) i.e. Not sure if you have realized that I have a different question, Forget it and I also don't appreciate the way you and another person replied earlier. Thanks anyways..

singaporeflyer

Re: PR Rejected,Would like to inquire reasons with ICA?

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 03 Aug 2010 9:19 am

rk1977_in wrote:Hi friends,
My PR was rejected after I applied two months ago and there was no reason provided to me as I recieved a letter today in two lines i.e. We regret to inform you that your application is not successful. However, you can continue to work on your existing visa. FYI, I am a PEP pass holder,Working with one of the top notch company in Singapore as a permanent employee from Day 1, Hold a Bachelors of Engineer degree(Computer Science) Graduate from an top notch institute/university in India,Working in singapore for more than a year now and have 10 years of Hard core IT experience, Any advice/suggestions how I can proceed to check with ICA on the reasons behind rejection. Also, I would like to seek advice as to when I can apply again. Any suggestions/advice would be highly appreciated.Thanks.
As of what I understand ICA does not reveal any reason for rejection. But if in case if they want the applicant to improve on something for example the residential requirement/financial stability or any other factor that they feel is ok to highlight and in that case they might mention the rejection reason and the duration after which the applicant is suggested to reapply in the rejection letter itself. But not in all cases they send the rejection reason.

Good Luck !

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Re: I have a different question now, Please note

Post by Mad Scientist » Tue, 03 Aug 2010 9:27 am

rk1977_in wrote:I also had a laugh the way you replied :) i.e. Not sure if you have realized that I have a different question, Forget it and I also don't appreciate the way you and another person replied earlier. Thanks anyways..
Are you offended ?? Is it SMS , Saint or myself that tick you? Or the three of us. Look, if you read all the post in this forum about PR, this is not a good time. Moreover SPR are for those that will sink their roots. Look at SF, he tried but failed. He tried again with his wife and again failed.
So......you have to think why ????? Honestly no one knows. It all depends on the documents that you submitted and those "extra ones" that might tilt the scale towards you. It is all about equations.
Take this with a pinch of salt and wait for a year and then see what happens
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 03 Aug 2010 9:35 am

Mad Scientist wrote:
rk1977_in wrote:I also had a laugh the way you replied :) i.e. Not sure if you have realized that I have a different question, Forget it and I also don't appreciate the way you and another person replied earlier. Thanks anyways..
Are you offended ?? Is it SMS , Saint or myself that tick you? Or the three of us. Look, if you read all the post in this forum about PR, this is not a good time. Moreover SPR are for those that will sink their roots. Look at SF, he tried but failed. He tried again with his wife and again failed.
So......you have to think why ????? Honestly no one knows. It all depends on the documents that you submitted and those "extra ones" that might tilt the scale towards you. It is all about equations.
Take this with a pinch of salt and wait for a year and then see what happens

To be really frank with you, wait for another 1-1.5 years on the PEP that you have, and if you have long term plans to settle here permanently, re-apply with your whole family including your son after the 1-1.5 years and your chances would be really higher by that time.

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Wed, 04 Aug 2010 11:00 am

Your original question asked whether not including your son on your PR application could be the reason for the rejection. The fact you applied after only a year would have been a factor. However, if the ICA had viewed your application as an exceptional case, P1 EP holders sometimes don't require 2 years residency, by not including your son would have probably have had a negative effect. The Gahman are getting very wise to these types of PR applications.

Really not sure why you don't appreciate the replies. Guess the truth is hard to accept and not what yu wanted to hear. The ICA won't tell you the reason but getting a rejection within a month is very quick which leads me to believe, beside not being here 2 years, excluding your son would have been a major factor.