Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
elly13

Post by elly13 » Wed, 28 Jul 2010 3:40 pm

@spiky, thanks for ur info.

Well well. i think all these info and dos and dont's are really making me panicky. information overloaded.

I think all we can do now is prepare well for self-intro.. groom well...smile at all times.. be humble n genuine...have confidence... still smiling :)... and pray for 'good luck' that day. Lol.

those who are in training now, & those aspiring-CCs, GANBATTE NE! :)

boatshoes

Post by boatshoes » Wed, 28 Jul 2010 4:15 pm

zhi19888 wrote:i've not recieve my email for signing of bond, but i've mail back the letter last friday! anyone has the same thing as me? :(
hello zhi19888! Same here! You're starting 12th aug right, me too! Also havent received email to go down to sign bond. (: just wait i guess??

crunkbabee
Regular
Regular

Post by crunkbabee » Wed, 28 Jul 2010 5:47 pm

hey ya i know cus i told M last week that I might need to extend my start date and can only confirm with her this week.... tts why she probably didnt send me the bond email.so only gave her the green light 2 days ago, she has yet to respond to my email.

just have to wait i guess, she might've put me in another batch. :(

enen1605

Post by enen1605 » Thu, 29 Jul 2010 12:35 am

Does SIA take in foreigner like taiwan? but have been study in singapore since young? The highest qualification is pte dip.

Withlove

Post by Withlove » Thu, 29 Jul 2010 12:48 am

crunkbabee wrote:
hey TKWS...it depends on them really. They have a tendency to change it. For instance me, I failed my management on 10th March and I went for the 26th june walk in..Thats just 3 mths later. However they let me through saying the ban is 3 mths only but my friends who failed management ebfore that was told 6 mths.. I think it depends on whtr or not they need crew urgently. I'm starting my training on the 5th Aug... ^.^

Maybe you can try your luck after 3 mths and check with them before you go through ur first round if it is okay. hope i helped :)
Hi crunkbabee!

1st of all, Congrats to you for making it thru! :)
2ndly, I'm in a similar situation as u were and would like to ask you some qns...

May I know if you mentioned to the SIA personnel that you failed your mgmt rd in mar before you go in for the 1st rd interview on 26Jun?

I failed my mgmt rd in May and wish to try again soon! The staff did not inform me abt the ban until i asked. I asked what if I walk in w/in the 6 mth, what will happen? She told me they will actually ask me to leave. I was v upset when I heard tt but brighten up and feeling slightly more hopeful after seeing your post! :)

Anws... did your friend who failed at mgmt rd, got thru the interview as well?

crunkbabee
Regular
Regular

Post by crunkbabee » Thu, 29 Jul 2010 8:32 am

well, yeap i told her that i failed my management in march...i also told the management interviewers when they asked me during the management round...and yes, my friend made it through the rounds but failed during medical...no harm trying, right? :)

Gwen_wardrobe

Post by Gwen_wardrobe » Thu, 29 Jul 2010 12:06 pm

enen1605 wrote:Does SIA take in foreigner like taiwan? but have been study in singapore since young? The highest qualification is pte dip.
based on qualification maybe no..but can write in to recruit dept and chk?

we do have taiwaness stewardess employed under a different contract! =)

worridhopeful

Post by worridhopeful » Thu, 29 Jul 2010 7:11 pm

hi guys may i just enquire is theres anybdy here who had to go tru a security background check before and how long it would take...?

rebeccacious
Regular
Regular

Post by rebeccacious » Fri, 30 Jul 2010 7:59 am

worridhopeful wrote:hi guys may i just enquire is theres anybdy here who had to go tru a security background check before and how long it would take...?
There is a section where you've to tick true/false on the application form with regards to your criminal/legal background. I don't think you've any chance of passing if you've a criminal background.
SIA ♥♥

worridhopeful

Post by worridhopeful » Fri, 30 Jul 2010 12:25 pm

i dont have any criminal bg...but assisted with an investigation last time instead...so they sent my particulars over to the security department. i just want to know how long it might take.. thanks anyway :)

jerlina

Post by jerlina » Fri, 30 Jul 2010 6:21 pm

Hi there, just an enquiry about the signing of the deeds. Can we drive in and park our vehicle at the premises?

Thank you in advance for any helpful reply!

rebeccacious
Regular
Regular

Post by rebeccacious » Fri, 30 Jul 2010 7:32 pm

jerlina wrote:Hi there, just an enquiry about the signing of the deeds. Can we drive in and park our vehicle at the premises?

Thank you in advance for any helpful reply!
Nope! You can drive and park your vehicle outside STC (at the entrance area) at the parking lot then you'll have to walk in. :)
SIA ♥♥

jerlina

Post by jerlina » Fri, 30 Jul 2010 7:42 pm

noted, thanks for your reply :)

Hannee

Post by Hannee » Sat, 31 Jul 2010 3:42 am

Hello everyone, I'm Hannee, a newbie here.
I want to go for the interview on 7th Aug ever since I miss the previous interview on 26 June.

There are some questions I would like to ask for your advice:

1.) Normally how long is the whole interview will be conducted?
2.) For those who have been selected, are they going to finish all the 5 rounds in the same day or is there any other session that we can choose?
3.) After the interview, when can I know the result?

Actually I've a charity event started at 9.30am on that day also, and I'm one of the committee.
Therefore, how's the chance for me to leave early if I go for the interview at 8.30am sharp?

Thanks and hope to hear from you all soon.[/code]

crunkbabee
Regular
Regular

Post by crunkbabee » Sat, 31 Jul 2010 8:00 am

hey! leaving at 9.30am is completely impossible...the whole interview process may take afew hours up till 4pm...and no, you dont do all the rounds on the same day.usually the management and kebaya round is the next day.

heres an overview of my timeline during the last walk in that i went to:
8.30am - reached the venue
10.30am - 10 hopefuls to 2 interviewers
12.30am - skin check
1.30pm - game
2.30pm - 1 to 1 interview

it was about 3.30pm by the time we were done.

the next day was the management and kebaya round it depends on the time your scheduled to come. i was scheduled to come at 12 plus and everything ended at 4pm and the cert checking/medical letter issued was done at 4.45pm. :)