Singapore Expats

Is 2400 SGD a good relocation allowance ?

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
vikasm

Is 2400 SGD a good relocation allowance ?

Post by vikasm » Fri, 30 Jul 2010 4:30 am

I will be relocation from India to singapore next month. My company is offering me a relocation allowance of 2400 SGD. This will include expenses towards initial temporary accomodation (14 days), housing agent fee, deposit for rental accomodation, initial conveyance allowance, purchase of household items and initial boarding expenses. They will not provide a stay and i find it really a very less amount(actually an amount that should be straightaway refused). Please provide approx charges for above points so that i can negotiate and if they dont agree then i shd be having that much extra amt in my personl funds......just a fair idea of things will help...... Please help me.
Last edited by vikasm on Fri, 30 Jul 2010 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Search By

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Fri, 30 Jul 2010 5:32 am

You have posted this q b4 and forumers did reply to you.

OK , I guess you did not get the answer you wanted or do not know to use the search button. I will give you a benefit of doubt

IMHO. you need more than that . $10k will be just about right for a month . 14 daysis abit too short and such a short rush to get everything done. If you are single maybe 14 days is enough. If you are coming with a family, you are really pushing your luck.
As you need to settle down , a Service Apartment will be ideal for short stay then look for HDB rental etc...

Read this link to have a better grip from many here
http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic ... y+expenses
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

vikasm

Post by vikasm » Fri, 30 Jul 2010 6:23 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:You have posted this q b4 and forumers did reply to you.

OK , I guess you did not get the answer you wanted or do not know to use the search button. I will give you a benefit of doubt

IMHO. you need more than that . $10k will be just about right for a month . 14 daysis abit too short and such a short rush to get everything done. If you are single maybe 14 days is enough. If you are coming with a family, you are really pushing your luck.
As you need to settle down , a Service Apartment will be ideal for short stay then look for HDB rental etc...

Read this link to have a better grip from many here
http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic ... y+expenses
Hi...
The question i posted before was for monthly expenses....but this question is related to RELOCATION ALLOWANCE......we can call it as settlemtn allowance....it is a one time amount other than salary that will be needed by me to get settle.....both are different topics...i hope i am pretty clear this time

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Fri, 30 Jul 2010 9:12 pm

Well, its pure economics, demand and supply.Depends on how desperate you are to come here. I came here with just 1 week accomodation. Nothing else. Lots of people I know came here with not even that.

I also know a lot of fussy Indians who have no intention to come here but were offered 5k salary and they keep asking for 8k, just for the heck of it.

So depends on who you are.

Splatted
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Splatted » Sat, 31 Jul 2010 12:14 am

I got 5k relocation allowance. I was relocating from Australia with my wife.

No idea if that's too little, too much, or the norm.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Sat, 31 Jul 2010 6:37 am

vikasm wrote: The question i posted before was for monthly expenses....but this question is related to RELOCATION ALLOWANCE......we can call it as settlemtn allowance....it is a one time amount other than salary that will be needed by me to get settle.....both are different topics...i hope i am pretty clear this time
Like I said if you have family, at least 10k for relocation. If alone $5K will do just fine
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!