Singapore Expats

Enquiry on Singapore Visa / Immigration

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
yousivakutti

Enquiry on Singapore Visa / Immigration

Post by yousivakutti » Sat, 24 Jul 2010 2:26 pm

Hi Floks,

I'm working in Singapore past 2+years and myself, my wife and daughter are SPR. 6 months ago we blessed with a baby boy and he is born in India. Now we are in process of getting Passport for him in India. I would need your experts’ advice on, how to bring my son inside Singapore. i.e. do I need to apply for a Tourist Visa for him alone and bring him to Singapore and then apply SPR for him? or any other procedure do I need to follow? Please provide detailed informations.

I hope once he is SPR, he is liable to serve for NS. Am i right? or since he is born in India, he is not required to do NS?

Appreciate for your responses.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Re: Enquiry on Singapore Visa / Immigration

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 24 Jul 2010 5:13 pm

yousivakutti wrote:Hi Floks,

I'm working in Singapore past 2+years and myself, my wife and daughter are SPR. 6 months ago we blessed with a baby boy and he is born in India. Now we are in process of getting Passport for him in India. I would need your experts’ advice on, how to bring my son inside Singapore. i.e. do I need to apply for a Tourist Visa for him alone and bring him to Singapore and then apply SPR for him? or any other procedure do I need to follow? Please provide detailed informations.

I hope once he is SPR, he is liable to serve for NS. Am i right? or since he is born in India, he is not required to do NS?

Appreciate for your responses.

You can apply for Social Visit Pass for your new born son initially. Once it is approved you can bring him along with you to Singapore. Later you can apply for LTSVP for him. The processing time is 4-8 weeks for LTSVP and he may be granted 6 months -1 year LTSVP based on ICA's approval.

You can continue renewing his LTVSP before the expiry or after 1 year of his stay in Singapore you apply for a PR for him.

If his PR application is approved, irrespective of his country of citizenship he has to do NS.

Hope this answers your queries

Thanks

yousivakutti

Post by yousivakutti » Sat, 24 Jul 2010 6:47 pm

Hi SGPflyer,

Thank you for the guidance. Presently I'm out of Singapore for a Project work. Is it possible to apply Social Visit Pass remotely/via Internet? Can you please guide the procedure for the same?

Thanks once again.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 24 Jul 2010 7:30 pm

Hi,
You can use the below link to apply for SVP from ICA site

https://www.psi.gov.sg/NASApp/tmf/TMFSe ... eload=true

Thanks

yousivakutti

Post by yousivakutti » Mon, 26 Jul 2010 12:19 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:Hi,
You can use the below link to apply for SVP from ICA site