Singapore Expats

Cathay Pacific Base In Singapore

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
angelafatty

Post by angelafatty » Thu, 15 Jul 2010 10:45 am

TTTTT wrote:any idea what is the criteria for guys and when would the next recruitment be?
they dont recruit guys for sinbase. :shock:

mandy4

Post by mandy4 » Thu, 15 Jul 2010 12:37 pm

angelafatty wrote:
TTTTT wrote:any idea what is the criteria for guys and when would the next recruitment be?
oh really? why?

b_1979sg

Post by b_1979sg » Fri, 16 Jul 2010 12:04 pm

mandy4 wrote:
angelafatty wrote:
oh really? why?
Oh just for info, they do recruit guys. I went for the interview and got through the first round. Invited for the second round... I think as long as they did not specific the gender in the recruitment ad, they are willing to take in both guys and gals.
cheers!!!

fattybombom

Post by fattybombom » Fri, 16 Jul 2010 3:22 pm

hi everyone.. what does the 2nd interview consists of? kindly share.. Also did anyone go for the 1st round and haven't receive a call for the 2nd interview yet??

miss.goldilocks

Post by miss.goldilocks » Sun, 18 Jul 2010 12:40 pm

fattybombom wrote:hi everyone.. what does the 2nd interview consists of? kindly share.. Also did anyone go for the 1st round and haven't receive a call for the 2nd interview yet??
hihi..for my 2nd round, my interviewer was margaret. thr were a few qns fr her, followed by a story-passage reading and picture analyzing (whr i had to elaborate on the meaning behind the story and hw i wuld react at the situation based on the pictures) the entire interview w her lasted for abt 15mins. after tt, i had to fill up an application form w a guy (an air steward) in the office, gave him all my docs for verification & read a chinese announcement passage to him. overall, i feel tt the 2nd interview was more of testing your reaction when given a situation/scenario & more of a personality test, i think. it was a gd experience. :)

miss.goldilocks

Post by miss.goldilocks » Sun, 18 Jul 2010 12:43 pm

oh ya! forget to add on, i was given a green slip of paper stating thank you etc etc and if successful, will be notified within 6 weeks. hehe.. *pray hard*.. :)

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Paige » Mon, 19 Jul 2010 10:36 am

angelafatty wrote:
Dear all,

First, I would like to apologies to those who had pm me with qns.. I think maybe now will be abit too late to reply to you qns since then 2nd round of interview about to end. But if you have anymore qns, you can pm me again.. =) I will check my mailbox more regularly.. kekeke..
FYI, currently sin-based cx crew is doing hk and cmb turns. But starting from next month, will be oni hk nightstops. Which means you will get to stay in spore lesser.
Next, CX do recruit males.

Good Luck to all! :wink:

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

angelafatty

Post by angelafatty » Mon, 19 Jul 2010 10:44 am

anybody received their email?

floatingdog
Regular
Regular

Post by floatingdog » Thu, 22 Jul 2010 12:13 am

Paige wrote:Dear all,

First, I would like to apologies to those who had pm me with qns.. I think maybe now will be abit too late to reply to you qns since then 2nd round of interview about to end. But if you have anymore qns, you can pm me again.. =) I will check my mailbox more regularly.. kekeke..
FYI, currently sin-based cx crew is doing hk and cmb turns. But starting from next month, will be oni hk nightstops. Which means you will get to stay in Singapore lesser.
Next, CX do recruit males.

Good Luck to all! :wink:

Cheers!
Paige :wink:
Hi Paige,

You're currently a crew with CX? What do you mean from next month, only hk nightstops? That day when I asked Margaret, she mentioned it will be almost half half HK & CMB turnarounds. But maybe during then she didn't wanna tell us too much yet?

Anyway >> angelafatty, I don't think their email will come so soon bah? They mentioned 4 - 6 weeks..

limsophia

Post by limsophia » Thu, 22 Jul 2010 4:33 pm

dear all,

Magaret did mention to me that this time there will be sin - hk and there will be night stop there for 2 nights. Anyway good luck to all of you!

Hi Paige,

Btw can you roughly tell us how much is the pay for CX?

b_1979sg

Post by b_1979sg » Fri, 23 Jul 2010 12:45 am

limsophia wrote:dear all,

Magaret did mention to me that this time there will be sin - hk and there will be night stop there for 2 nights. Anyway good luck to all of you!

Hi Paige,

Same here...I am curious to know the pay, can advise me too?

ocean123

Post by ocean123 » Fri, 23 Jul 2010 12:54 am

b_1979sg wrote:
limsophia wrote:dear all,

Hi Paige,

Same here...I am curious to know the pay, can advise me too?
hi paige,

can you tell me about the pay as well? many thanks :)

limsophia

Post by limsophia » Fri, 23 Jul 2010 9:58 am

Hi ppl,

do you mind informing us if you've receive phone calls or e-mail from CX for the next interview activity? I guess the next step is medical check up.. =)

kahmun1989

Post by kahmun1989 » Sat, 24 Jul 2010 5:06 pm

i have just received a mail from Cathay, asking me to go down for medical check up on the 30th July.! So happy. The English assessment falls on the same day too! :)

Anyone under the same slot? =)

limsophia

Post by limsophia » Sat, 24 Jul 2010 5:16 pm

dear all, i'm going for my medical on 30th July. And before the medical i have to go down for english assessment.. fingers cross that we will all pass our medical.. but still after the medical we will have to wait for a few months to know if we've got through.. =(