Singapore Expats

Good Tennis coach to recommend?

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
Emma Emma

Good Tennis coach to recommend?

Post by Emma Emma » Thu, 18 Feb 2010 11:58 pm

Does anyone have any good tennis coach to recommend? I just can't seem to find a coach who is available to teach at a convenient location (in the east) and at the timeslots I prefer (ie weekend late afternoon to evenings) and I have tried quite a number of forums. I don't need a professional coach as I am not looking to play competitively but just hoping to pick up and play a sport on a regular basis. So anyone who plays tennis reasonably well by normal standards and is interested to coach on a part time basis is fine with me too.

pgeorge525
Regular
Regular

Post by pgeorge525 » Fri, 26 Feb 2010 2:22 pm

hi,

When you say wanna pick up the sport, im guessing u havent tried it yet? A coach can go so far as to give you pointers and correct your actions rest is all you.

Anyways, i play on regular basis. If you can i dont mind helping you or you want i can pass you numbers of people who coach beginners.

hit me back if your interested.

Cheers,

carteki
Editor
Editor

Post by carteki » Fri, 26 Feb 2010 4:59 pm

Hi - you can take a look through the classifieds - there are a number of coaches who advertise there. I am currently getting training from Coach Billy. He is flexible and works at Changi. Don't know if he can do afternoons though. He does do mornings (I find the 7am slot perfect because it is still cool) His phone number is 97292249.
Kim

aneetkaur

Post by aneetkaur » Sat, 27 Feb 2010 3:02 pm

i know a good coach - french certified. his name is Yorick. contact number 9460 0632

squarefeet

Re: Good Tennis coach to recommend?

Post by squarefeet » Thu, 29 Apr 2010 12:52 pm

Hi Emma,

did you manage to find a coach? I am also looking for a coach to help me pick up the sport. Staying in the East too. I prefer to have a recommendation rather than pick someone up from the classifieds. Someone who is patient enough with adults :P

Let me know if you have someone to recommend.
Emma Emma wrote:Does anyone have any good tennis coach to recommend? I just can't seem to find a coach who is available to teach at a convenient location (in the east) and at the timeslots I prefer (ie weekend late afternoon to evenings) and I have tried quite a number of forums. I don't need a professional coach as I am not looking to play competitively but just hoping to pick up and play a sport on a regular basis. So anyone who plays tennis reasonably well by normal standards and is interested to coach on a part time basis is fine with me too.

squarefeet

Post by squarefeet » Tue, 20 Jul 2010 5:48 pm

Thanks Noelin. Where do you practice? I hope he can teach at Kallang cos some of them are stationed in certain places.
currently, Kallang Tennis Centre is booked for YOG.

RobertS

Post by RobertS » Sun, 19 Aug 2012 8:24 pm

Hi, there are many coaches. Actually you need to understand the budgt you want to spend, if you want a European or a local coach etc etc.

Here there is a list of coaches in Singapore,
http://www.tennistonic.com/pg/tennis/Fi ... -Singapore

I think that the best thing is to contact them.