Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
sheepish

Post by sheepish » Tue, 13 Jul 2010 10:39 pm

wisdom&courage wrote:
tangeve wrote:if your scoliosis is physically visible, i think its real serious! try a corset!
If u have a scoliosis problem, just a simple xray, they will know. I heard if its less than 20degree(correct me if I am wrong), SIA will still accept u :D
Wisdom&courage: Thanks for the encouragement! Mine's definitely less than 20 degrees :)

Hmmm corset won't it be visible while changing? Cos previously when held at Sheraton we had to change in front of everyone. Although some girls who were too shy and wearing a tank top just put the kebaya top over.

fskent

Post by fskent » Tue, 13 Jul 2010 10:59 pm

daNielVii, have u informed training dpt about ur reservist yet ? i can say that sq is very pro-reservist, they wont entertain deferment most of the time.
most likely is dependent on how long ur reservist period is .. i know some who have to join another batch to continue their training after missing 1 day, some can continue in their own batch after missing a couple of day's training. depends on what u missed out, example is sep (safety procedures), which is essential and cannot be missed. this comes after you have completed around 4 weeks of foundation training.
chances are you will start training as agreed, then after u come back from reservist, you will join another batch. thats my view.
hope this helps.

Gwen_wardrobe

Post by Gwen_wardrobe » Tue, 13 Jul 2010 11:16 pm

daNielVii wrote:Hey guys(current or former stewards) if ur reservist falls within e training period, wat is e nex best cos of action? My training commences on e 26 jul but reservist in e 1st week of sept. Oso curious to find out when u guys r on e job, how do u deal with reservist?? Kindly advise...
hey daniel, my bf is having reservist during his training also!
hmm, how ah!
have u emailed Mary?
i think wad fskent made sense..
think it will be gd if u email Mary?

marchingkitty

Post by marchingkitty » Tue, 13 Jul 2010 11:35 pm

i finally got the call today!
i can, I will

folkiepokie

Post by folkiepokie » Tue, 13 Jul 2010 11:42 pm

wow congrats marchingkitty! :D
hope the rest of us will get gd news soon too! Cheers

Fudz

Post by Fudz » Tue, 13 Jul 2010 11:57 pm

Hey guys... in regards to reservist... I heard from my friend that you should'nt tell SIA about it cause they usually wouldnt entertain deferment. What you can do is fax a copy of your appointment letter to SAF and try get the deferment yourself. Usually you can get deferment if you are newly employed or if you are undergoing a training. Hope this helps ;)

Fudz

Post by Fudz » Wed, 14 Jul 2010 12:00 am

And if you deferment fails... go see MP! lol

PerRy1007

Post by PerRy1007 » Wed, 14 Jul 2010 1:44 am

daNielVii wrote:Hey guys(current or former stewards) if ur reservist falls within e training period, wat is e nex best cos of action? My training commences on e 26 jul but reservist in e 1st week of sept. Oso curious to find out when u guys r on e job, how do u deal with reservist?? Kindly advise...

"daNielVii", don't worry about ur reservist. U can start ur training on 26 jul, and inform HR that u've reservist on sept. they will just put u in another batch for "SEP". Just for all your info, as long as u didnt miss one day lesson u will still maintained in with ur batchmates.

Those girls who has scars, no point to cover with conceal cuz if the scars is too deep they will not accept u.

daNielVii

Post by daNielVii » Wed, 14 Jul 2010 2:19 am

Sian till max....

i tink i will try the approach with the getting my self deferment rather den approach SIA for assistance. frankly, reservist to me is nothing but a waste of time as i will be bunk ic + sai kang warrior....i rather work for freeden to waste time going back in camp....

reali disappointing n dis-heartening to hear SIA is pro-reservist(i alw tot they will be more concerned with profits like most corp who discourages reservist as it is a waste of Co resources)..

btw, Gwen_wardrobe: wat is ur bf's approach towards this? is he reporting to M abt it????

fskent: mine is hi key(2weeks)

PerRy1007 : i would v much appreciate if i could defer it.. As fr 2 yrs of exp, once u go back in camp, the brain will completely shut down for 2weeks n recovery period will take up to 1mth or more.. how to risk tt esp during training period it is all abt learning... in-camp retards the brain..lol...

daNielVii

Post by daNielVii » Wed, 14 Jul 2010 2:23 am

btw, juz to enquire, does any1 noe wat type of planes fly to which destinations? i heard we will b trained as according to the types of plane n not all types..n hence it decides wher we will b going...

daNielVii

Post by daNielVii » Wed, 14 Jul 2010 2:33 am

daNielVii wrote:btw, juz to enquire, does any1 noe wat type of planes fly to which destinations? i heard we will b trained as according to the types of plane n not all types..n hence it decides wher we will b going...
nvm guys, i found out alr...

crunkbabee
Regular
Regular

Post by crunkbabee » Wed, 14 Jul 2010 8:35 am

i agree with fudz if nothing works, go see mp. lol. my sch internship dragged and ws extended till 7th aug..but M scheduled me for training on the 5th aug. so i went MP..they wrote in a letter and now i can start training on time B) lool

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular

Post by wisdom&courage » Wed, 14 Jul 2010 9:35 am

sheepish : When I did the uniform fitting round, I had a little corner for myself. Hee. Not excatly changing infront of everyone, they have a little corner for you to change. :D The interviewer commented that one side of my shoulder is higher than the other but when I did the xray, the result was good :) Have u done your medical check up?

nanababa

Post by nanababa » Wed, 14 Jul 2010 10:05 am

wisdom&courage wrote:sheepish : When I did the uniform fitting round, I had a little corner for myself. Hee. Not excatly changing infront of everyone, they have a little corner for you to change. :D The interviewer commented that one side of my shoulder is higher than the other but when I did the xray, the result was good :) Have u done your medical check up?
OMG..little corner is it covered by blinds or something? So will the interviewer be watching us?

maine21

Post by maine21 » Wed, 14 Jul 2010 10:09 am

@nanababa: haha. no dear, they wont be... there will be this "curtain-stand" to cover that corner so basically u cant see a single thing from outside, i reckon those interviewers also dont want to see. Lol.