Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.

Post by Guest » Mon, 04 Apr 2005 12:32 pm

Anonymous wrote:Seriously,even an A level holder speaks broken English..especially on pronouncation!!bad enuough.....Maybe they should implement ORAL READING TEST as part of the interview!!hahaha...
No offence but SQ gals are NOT all Singaporeans ya know...*hint hint*
PEACE!!

Post by Guest » Mon, 04 Apr 2005 4:53 pm

Ok.. lets forget about those pros and contras..

at least there's still someone who still eager to work for them such as me :p

ermm.. just need some help about the weight that SQ standardised for the stewardess.

How did they measure if the girl is overweight and will be grounded?

if they use BMI index, what is the index they prefer the girl have to be?

thx

Post by Guest » Mon, 04 Apr 2005 11:15 pm

ANYONE shortlisted yet??Do post it up ya....

dora

Post by dora » Tue, 05 Apr 2005 2:59 pm

the stewardess wannabe might want to check out this blog of a SIA stewardess and maybe can address your questions to her.

http://dyra.blogspot.com

Leto

Post by Leto » Wed, 06 Apr 2005 1:43 am

just to clarify on the postings on zapping..

it dont exist anymore in cabin crew.

there used to be times where the crew were really rough on u just because u are a junior.. but it had stopped abt 5 yrz back and itz a totally new culture for the dept.

for those who are gonna join us, wish u all the best.. those that had recently joined us, dont be too apprehensive abt it.. just maintain a proper attitude and a good working knowledge...

ur seniors dont zap or bitch anymore.. it just dont happen.. if therez corrections to be done, it might be done abruptly during the service.. but dont take it personally and tell urself that u are not gonna repeat the same mistakes again.. unfortunately, the job is very physical and time matters a lot to us that we dont wish to have the aircraft landing while the trays are not cleared.. so every mistakes that u make will be obvious to everyone..

if a new crew shows positive and good attitude, i dont see a reason why the seniors would be giving him/her a hard time. it only happens when the new crew shows a negative disposition. we cant afford them going on further flights having the same attitude to the crew and pax. the crew culture had been ard for ages, so therez no point changing it. it works well the way it is.

itz very hard for someone who is not in cabin crew to understand what is going on inside. u have to be there to know.

i had posted my email up here several pages back.. so if any of u wish to ask anything regarding the job, feel free to email me.. just that i might not be able to reply promptly due to my flights.

for the new crew who posted abt being apprehensive to go for his/her flight, why not email me and i'll give u some tips on how to survive..

i had wanted to fly only for a year.. but itz been more than 7 yrz now, and i'm still enjoying my flights.. the crew are generally nice and everyone strives to give their best on board..

while ppl might say a lot of negative things abt the airline, i think itz up to personal opinions. as far as we know, we had tried our best, and still trying to do better.

best of luck to all those concerned.

vinnilaa

Interview in Singapore

Post by vinnilaa » Thu, 07 Apr 2005 2:16 am

Hi,

I was called for an interview on March intake... I got the invitation a day before the closing date. But my friend who applied for it on the closing date was called after a week of closing date...(a week before the actual interview)...

I have applied again for the April batch... but yet to receive any invitation from them... Anyone who already got an invitation???

On previous interview ... I was sent off after the first interview... my hunch is coz they judged me as an indoor person...

Is there any Malaysian who applied for SIA who resides in Malaysia called for an interview in Singapore? When I applied for SIA on February... it was held in Singapore.. and I wasn't invited for it... and when i mailed them and asked bout it.. they ask me to apply again for interview in KL... it's better since it's near for me... So.. I'm suggesting they are not sending any invitation due to this fact.. I have ticked that i'm willing to attend to both Singapore and MAlaysia..but... sigh....

mabel

Re: Interview in Singapore

Post by mabel » Thu, 07 Apr 2005 4:01 am

vinnilaa wrote:Hi,

I was called for an interview on March intake... I got the invitation a day before the closing date. But my friend who applied for it on the closing date was called after a week of closing date...(a week before the actual interview)...

I have applied again for the April batch... but yet to receive any invitation from them... Anyone who already got an invitation???

On previous interview ... I was sent off after the first interview... my hunch is coz they judged me as an indoor person...

Is there any Malaysian who applied for SIA who resides in Malaysia called for an interview in Singapore? When I applied for SIA on February... it was held in Singapore.. and I wasn't invited for it... and when i mailed them and asked bout it.. they ask me to apply again for interview in KL... it's better since it's near for me... So.. I'm suggesting they are not sending any invitation due to this fact.. I have ticked that i'm willing to attend to both Singapore and MAlaysia..but... sigh....
hi vinnilaa,

at your previous interview, what are the ages of the girls? i am 27 this year, although i know a third language (german), applied for the april intake, i am worry that because of my age, i would not be select for the interview.

what is required in the first round of the interview?

thanks.

Vinnilaa

Post by Vinnilaa » Thu, 07 Apr 2005 4:13 am

Hi mabel..

First round is just an introducton round... they ask us to introduce ourself such as hobbies, ur current job, etc... as for me ... i told her i like to read novels.. and she asked me am i an indoor person...so.. I think she wants a person who loves outdoor...

There were girls who were 27 in my batch ... as long u know an extra language.. you stand a brighter chance to be called ... my friend .. she was 26... she was called as well... she stated she knows German...

But I think for those who are staying far from Singapore... they're keeping them for KL interview... anyway ... keep your fingers crossed... If you are called for the interview... don't forget to post here...

mabel

Post by mabel » Fri, 08 Apr 2005 2:13 am

Vinnilaa wrote:Hi mabel..

First round is just an introducton round... they ask us to introduce ourself such as hobbies, ur current job, etc... as for me ... i told her i like to read novels.. and she asked me am i an indoor person...so.. I think she wants a person who loves outdoor...

There were girls who were 27 in my batch ... as long u know an extra language.. you stand a brighter chance to be called ... my friend .. she was 26... she was called as well... she stated she knows German...

But I think for those who are staying far from Singapore... they're keeping them for KL interview... anyway ... keep your fingers crossed... If you are called for the interview... don't forget to post here...
hi Vinnilaa,

thanks a lot for your help. hopefully, they will call me up for the interview. but if they were to ask me to speak a few sentences in german, i would be too nervous to talk cos i haven't been speking german for more than 2 years... :P

did the girls who are 27 in your batch go thru to the 2nd round?

Hi_all

Anyone got the Invitation

Post by Hi_all » Fri, 08 Apr 2005 12:10 pm

Hi, anyone here got the invitation for the SIA interview on 23/24 April 05 ?
Pls post here if anyone got it. Thanks

Post by Guest » Fri, 08 Apr 2005 7:06 pm

hi_all, you got the email from them? :shock:

aloyscious
Regular
Regular

Any guys got call yet?

Post by aloyscious » Sat, 09 Apr 2005 2:16 am

Hey ,,jst want to know know if any guys got call yet from SIA? Will they hire guys from Malaysia? And also will they come to malaysia and hire Flight stewards like they use to 5 years ago?

SQGuy

Post by SQGuy » Sat, 09 Apr 2005 2:33 am

my batch no malaysian guys. i hear only malaysian girls are taken.

gd luck

TrolleyDolly

Post by TrolleyDolly » Sat, 09 Apr 2005 4:54 am

you malaysians...go apply mas la. don't spoil market and take s'porean jobs! :x

0_O

Post by 0_O » Sat, 09 Apr 2005 6:14 pm

yeah I agree man... Not like malaysia no airline right???