Singapore Expats

WP cancelled

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
hide

WP cancelled

Post by hide » Tue, 13 Jul 2010 3:15 pm

I have a friend who is working under WP in a childcare center.

Recently, we want to go Malaysia for a vacation. We found out at Tuas Checkpoint that her WP was cancelled 3 days ago!

When we check with her employer, they realised that they had forgotten to pass her the letter to go for medical checkup! This letter was sent somewhere in March and now it is July!

The employer now is now filing an appeal for her, and she had done her medical check up.

Now she is on social visit pass, which is only valid till this Sunday.

Anyone knows if this appeal process is likely to go through? What other stuffs should we provide to make her WP valid?

Its so tough to get through to MOM's hotline and due to our day job it is difficult to go down MOM.

Please give any advise.... we are very worried and sad because it is not due to our fault that the WP was cancelled.

KittyJules76

Post by KittyJules76 » Tue, 13 Jul 2010 5:40 pm

Sorry but I dont get it. How can MOM issue the WP without giving the medical check up or is it send it by MOM later?

hide

Post by hide » Tue, 13 Jul 2010 6:00 pm

It was sent by MOM later. Her WP was issued last year 2009 oct and a medical checkup was done before.

This was the first time she was asked to do a check after WP was issued.

observer
Regular
Regular

Post by observer » Tue, 13 Jul 2010 10:41 pm

Why is it difficult for her to go to MOM? She has no valid pass, how can she have a day job?
It's common sense - if you try to come in before I go out, I can't go out. And you can't come in! Lose-lose!

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Wed, 14 Jul 2010 7:54 am

I am missing something here. ? How can she stay in SG for more than 4 more months without being hauled by MOM or ICA

:-k :-k [-X
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 14 Jul 2010 10:58 am

How can she have a day job. :o
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

hide

Post by hide » Wed, 14 Jul 2010 11:19 am

Let me clear the air a little.

Her WP was canceled only on 5/7/2010 (Last Monday).

We only found out her WP was canceled 3 days ago when we went for a vacation and stopped by custom on 8/7/2010 (Last Thursday).

Further investigation with employer, we found out that actually MOM sent letter to ask her for medical check up on March! The letters are not passed to her by her employer all the while. The letters are not passed to her branch and was with the headquarters due to administrative problems.

She was issued a social visit pass this Monday and valid till this Sunday. On the way to MOM with her employer this morning so hope everything turns out fine.

Hopefully she doesn't need to reapply WP...?

observer
Regular
Regular

Post by observer » Wed, 14 Jul 2010 1:48 pm

Well, you didn't clear the air one bit for me, sorry. But good luck anyways!
I still don't know why you say it's difficult to go to MOM because of her day job, when her permit has been canceled therefore impossible to work?

Unless she has been working illegally since the cancellation, then you will need more than good luck!
It's common sense - if you try to come in before I go out, I can't go out. And you can't come in! Lose-lose!

hide

Post by hide » Wed, 14 Jul 2010 2:09 pm

Yes, she shouldn't have to work after her WP is cancelled. But she have to go back to her workplace so to get advise from her employer on what to do, and therefore continuing - to so called work illegally.

I said before that she went down to MOM with her employer this morning, i'm still waiting for her call.

The reason that i posted here is not to understand if its legal or illegal to work now, i think we all know the answer.

I actually want to find an alternative solution to this administration hicuup by her employer, or any similar experiences that you guys had so you can share with me your experiences.

The route she is taking now is by appealing via employer to MOM but it will take like 2-3 weeks to process. Meanwhile her social visit pass is only valid till this Sunday.

Thanks I appreciate your help...

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Thu, 15 Jul 2010 4:38 am

hide wrote:Let me clear the air a little.

Her WP was canceled only on 5/7/2010 (Last Monday).

We only found out her WP was canceled 3 days ago when we went for a vacation and stopped by custom on 8/7/2010 (Last Thursday).

Further investigation with employer, we found out that actually MOM sent letter to ask her for medical check up on March! The letters are not passed to her by her employer all the while. The letters are not passed to her branch and was with the headquarters due to administrative problems.

She was issued a social visit pass this Monday and valid till this Sunday. On the way to MOM with her employer this morning so hope everything turns out fine.

Hopefully she doesn't need to reapply WP...?
Ahhhh!!! OK, go and appeal but the chance will be slim as the expiry date is way out in March. MOM can be kind if they accept the employer reason but my gut feeling is one way straight to JB or Changi or Batam
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!