Singapore Expats

Jetstar Is Recruiting Again!

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
princessjm

Post by princessjm » Sat, 10 Jul 2010 11:40 pm

I went there around 10:30ish. So sad. :( I guess bec of my height. I'm only 155.5cm when they measured. But the interview went well and I was told that they will call in the afternoon. Well maybe not. :) what is their minimum height requirement? How abt u guys? What's your height measurement?

floatingdog
Regular
Regular

Post by floatingdog » Sat, 10 Jul 2010 11:45 pm

I'm a girl!

My height measure was 1.63m. What I really liked was that they were all so friendly and it hardly felt like an interview at all!

Today's one they just asked everyone pretty much the same questions right?

MademoiselleCher
Regular
Regular

Post by MademoiselleCher » Sat, 10 Jul 2010 11:55 pm

princessjm,

same for me! My interview went smooth too and its pretty alright but guess you might be right about the height..I'm 154 :( maybe that is why...

There wasn't any height requirement stated on the ads too...sad...:(

floatingdog, sorry I was you are a guy due to your nick...163 is tall~ If only u could share a bit of your height with princessjm and me...lol..well if height really fail then I guess i'll just give up on trying for another airline CC interview already...:(
Never Say Never! :)

no name

Post by no name » Sun, 11 Jul 2010 3:26 am

MademoiselleCher wrote:Wow no name, you seem to know a lot about airlines and stuff! I'm sorry but what is JQ or 3K? still not familiar with all these terms...

I read from the past posts that Jetstar Asia no need to pay 1.8k bond nor medical fees but Jetstar Intl need to fork out everything...Soo is it true but how do we know if Jetstar Asia or Jetstar Intl is hosting this upcoming interview? Its all too confusing indeed!

I told my bf about bearing e bond and medical fees, he said it acceptable but after I told him about take-home salary, he told me if really have to bear e payments and still get a mediocre salary then its not worthy...But is this information real? I'm not doubting what you guys have posted here but some say no need and some say must...Its like I really gotta go try out the interview to find out e truth or something...

Jetstar International you gotta pay a bond upfront. JQ base was run by a travel agency (like agent) on behalf of Jetstar Australia. Now JQ base is passed onto the management of valuair.Don't know how that will work out for the bond and stuff in the future but from now i know yes, bond upfront. period.

He is not joking with you. The pay is below average. Can you really deal with a lousy pay? Ask yourself. Also remember you are flying for a budget airline, the company is going all the way they can to save, you will find out a lot of that when you are with the company.

You wanna work for a airline and be proud of it. But not to hide your face about it. It can be demoralizing.

Interview they will not disclose about the pay until you reach towards the ending of the interview. If you are gonna ask about the pay, they will not tell you cos it's bad basically.

Sorry to burst your bubble. You see a lot of kinds of ppl at Jetstar. Image is not so important like SQ. As long as you can pay the bond upfront, they will take you regardless you are old or average.

You will know what I mean if you decide to take it up.

floatingdog
Regular
Regular

Post by floatingdog » Sun, 11 Jul 2010 10:34 am

no name wrote: Jetstar International you gotta pay a bond upfront. JQ base was run by a travel agency (like agent) on behalf of Jetstar Australia. Now JQ base is passed onto the management of valuair.Don't know how that will work out for the bond and stuff in the future but from now i know yes, bond upfront. period.

He is not joking with you. The pay is below average. Can you really deal with a lousy pay? Ask yourself. Also remember you are flying for a budget airline, the company is going all the way they can to save, you will find out a lot of that when you are with the company.

You wanna work for a airline and be proud of it. But not to hide your face about it. It can be demoralizing.

Interview they will not disclose about the pay until you reach towards the ending of the interview. If you are gonna ask about the pay, they will not tell you cos it's bad basically.

Sorry to burst your bubble. You see a lot of kinds of ppl at Jetstar. Image is not so important like SQ. As long as you can pay the bond upfront, they will take you regardless you are old or average.

You will know what I mean if you decide to take it up.
no name, you were with Jetstar previously? or you went to the last rounds of interview but decided not to take it up? can share more? :)

princessjm

Post by princessjm » Sun, 11 Jul 2010 4:22 pm

mademosellecher yeah so sad. :( i guess we have to give up our dream of becoming a cc. :(

floating dog, i think we all have the same questions. like the one abt singapore, customer service, etc. hope to hear from you on monday on the outcome. goodluck. you're so lucky. :)

floatingdog
Regular
Regular

Post by floatingdog » Sun, 11 Jul 2010 8:58 pm

princessjm wrote: floating dog, i think we all have the same questions. like the one abt singapore, customer service, etc. hope to hear from you on monday on the outcome. goodluck. you're so lucky. :)
Thanks princessjm! It's tmr at 9am so that's just 12 hours away! Haha. Will let you know ok? :)

folkiepokie

Post by folkiepokie » Sun, 11 Jul 2010 9:49 pm

best of luck to those going for the finals tmr! heard there's a swimming round too... :)

candiesboy
Regular
Regular

Post by candiesboy » Mon, 12 Jul 2010 12:01 am

Well Jetstar asia DO NOT HAVE to pay a single cents. no upfront, no medical fees. All will be paid by them not us. As for Intl' , yes you have to pay upfront($1850). As for medical i'm not sure. Jetstar asia has JQ lesson for now. As JSA going longer route that's explains why.

HTHs

candiesboy
Regular
Regular

Post by candiesboy » Mon, 12 Jul 2010 12:03 am

Well Jetstar asia DO NOT HAVE to pay a single cents. no upfront, no medical fees. All will be paid by them not us. As for Intl' , yes you have to pay upfront($1850). As for medical i'm not sure. Jetstar asia has JQ lesson for now. As JSA going longer route that's explains why.

HTHs

Qistianna

Post by Qistianna » Mon, 12 Jul 2010 10:18 am

Hi Everyone! The thing is I went for JQ interviews last 23rd March. Got thru till 2nd round and swimming round. Being told to go home and wait for their call which seems like forever. So, now 4 months later they called me just now and told me i got accepted for JQ and my training starts in 4th October in Ground School. Im like HUH??! I thought I didnt get in after that fateful day of swimming round and interview. Hmm. Anybody from that batch got A Call too??

lovesong
Regular
Regular

Post by lovesong » Mon, 12 Jul 2010 5:25 pm

Qistianna wrote:Hi Everyone! The thing is I went for JQ interviews last 23rd March. Got thru till 2nd round and swimming round. Being told to go home and wait for their call which seems like forever. So, now 4 months later they called me just now and told me i got accepted for JQ and my training starts in 4th October in Ground School. Im like HUH??! I thought I didnt get in after that fateful day of swimming round and interview. Hmm. Anybody from that batch got A Call too??

Hi Qistianna, that's super long time! I cleared everything yesterday and they said they will notify us within a week and training will start in Oct. I guess current batch will join together with previous batch for training. Keep my finger cross, hopefully will get their call/email soon!
Has anyone attended today interview? How was it?

Qistianna

Post by Qistianna » Mon, 12 Jul 2010 5:30 pm

I guess so.. Anyways there will be briefing tmr at 930am at Grand Mercure for those who made it thru. I suppose you'll be gg tmr? :)

lovesong
Regular
Regular

Post by lovesong » Mon, 12 Jul 2010 6:12 pm

Qistianna wrote:I guess so.. Anyways there will be briefing tmr at 930am at Grand Mercure for those who made it thru. I suppose you'll be gg tmr? :)
Really? Then i think i didnt make it thru.. :( I didnt receive any email/call fr them. Briefing for last batch who made it thru or current batch? Do you have any idea? Anyone who attended interview on Sun n today received call for briefing tmr morning?

Qistianna

Post by Qistianna » Mon, 12 Jul 2010 8:38 pm

Well it took them 4 mths to call me .... :)

Anyways wish the rest of you outhere all the best of luck in getting a call from them.. :)