Singapore Expats

Silkair

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
dimensionspectrum
Regular
Regular

Post by dimensionspectrum » Sat, 03 Jul 2010 12:04 am

oldhag wrote:[quote="dimensionspectrum

I think you should try again..my gf tried 6 times before she got in SQ yrs back. I hope ou feel consoled at this? And she's still happily flying. =)
Im already 30 this yr and i wanna try too but i came down with fever last night..zzzz I am just harping on the fact I dont look 30 to get in. (Self denial) haha Many strangers I dont know told me I look 22-25. We can go together the next time and when u look at my situation,perhaps u will feel better n more confident? =P

I duno about Silkair but for SIA there's no max age, Milky. Just gotta try if it's really your dream. I took so long bcos I started family early and only now I have the ability to pursue this..I will just keep trying and see how it goes! *keeping fingers crossed*
Hi dimensionspectrum,same here.I'm already 30 yrs old this yr and I'm still dreaming of a career in airline.I've been wanting to try out for the interviews too but having reservations becos of my age.I'm so glad I found someone who's in the same situation as me.Maybe next time we can try going together?Can I pm you next time when there's interview?[/quote]

Hi oldhag(i dont like calling you by this nick of yours! hahaha), my gf who's flying with SIA for the last decade checked with their HR for me. They DO hire married women and age is not a problem. But the HR told her if I have kids then abit tougher, however if I do very well during the interview and they like me, they are ok to still hire married women with kids. Phewwww..... Im going for the next SIA interview on 7 Aug..R u only bent on Silkair or would you be trying out SIA as well? :P Sure pm me and we can go together!!!!

dimensionspectrum
Regular
Regular

Post by dimensionspectrum » Sat, 03 Jul 2010 12:50 am

MademoiselleCher wrote:Hi SpectrumDimension,

Soo you didn't went ytd nor today for the interview? During my interview session, the "coffeeshop" girl was asked by one of the interviewers for her credit in English as she did not state it in her form. Only gave her dip certs.

I understand English is important mine was B3...Not that bad right? It's really puzzling...How many times did you try for Silkair? Have you gotten into 2nd round before?

Your friend really has determination! Admire her for that and ya suppose I could go try again and experience again...How did she managed to pass the last time? Maybe can get some pointers? Really appreciate your encouragement! And yes we could go down together next time~ :)

If most people think that you don't look like your age, that is good news right? I mean the interviewers would also look at you and assess from there...Soo yup, jia you as well! :) Pursuing this dream is worthy if you're determined as your friend...

But I'm really curious why will fail? Do you know the reason for failing? My boyfriend told me to ask but I didn't... :(

Urm for the height test, I was actually measured 1.53 and told to reach this masking tape after that...I managed to passed as I saw the lady writing a "R" which I guess is reach on my form...then asked me for my documents...I supposed height is not the factor for which I fail cuz if this is the case, the lady would not have asked me to go for round 1 interview right?

Another thing is, I actually wore a wig to hide my ash blonde hair as it looks really striking and inappropriate but my photo given, was my hair in actual color...Do you think if the interviewers are concerned about this?

*Sighs...I wasted 40bucks for that wig bought last min ytd night! Was pondering if I should just spray my hair temp. brown (cost only 9bucks) and seems like I should have sprayed...

Really feel sooo....................haiz........
I only tried once when I was 21 for SQ. Got booted fr the 1st round..I was so nervous and I didnt even know what I was saying. LOL
As i asked around, u need not have jet black hair to be selected..hair colors can be dyed when you are selected..they are looking for personality. I was told you need to portray yourself as a very people person, warm and friendly n lots of smiles..
They wont tell you wad went wrong! I nv tried Silkair though.
Dont regret anymore..spraying is not easy as well!!! Your hair will look stiff and unnatural. I tried that when I was younger for fun. (if we are talking abt the same type of spray.)

Take it as an experience and Im sure You will be more experienced the next round! Actually I dont think they will take you in just bcos you keep going and they recognise your face...it's more probably you are already experienced by the 3rd or 4th time and you feel more relaxed? And it probably wont hurt you so much if they reject you again and thus you perform better? You also kinda expect the questions they ask...etc.

Perhaps the 'coffeeshop gal' not her 1st time too? kekeke..

ecandy

Post by ecandy » Thu, 08 Jul 2010 3:37 pm

they r not really concerned about your hair color. i went with light hair color and got in. during interview, just don't show that you are very very very confidence. they might see it as arrogant. Just be humble (:

MademoiselleCher
Regular
Regular

Post by MademoiselleCher » Fri, 09 Jul 2010 10:43 am

Oh..thanks Ecandy,

Did you went on for Silkair on 1st July and got it? I was quite nervous during 1st round but tried to talk as much and as well as I could..Perhaps too confident in the end didn't get picked... :(

Mind sharing how you made it through?
Never Say Never! :)

MademoiselleCher
Regular
Regular

Post by MademoiselleCher » Fri, 09 Jul 2010 11:49 am

Thanks DimensionSpectrum,

Guess I should just go with my hair normal...lol don't have to do funny stuffs to it...Even thought of dyeing it back to dark brown or something but now don't need...lol but doesn't bright hair gives a bad impression?

Yeah that "coffeeshop" had previously went for SQ interview but failed and if I'm heard correctly, she did interviewed for Silkair once as well..Oh...Talk about experiences in such interviews though she had twice as more exp as I do but her intro was pretty bad...Guess the two ladies like her face bah cuz she was the only person who was being asked questions...

ecandy

Post by ecandy » Wed, 14 Jul 2010 2:32 am

Nope i didnt went to the interview on 1st jul im already in silkair (:
Even after i got in, i still dun understand what is that "factor" that they are atually looking for. but anw, continue trying be smiling & humble. I think it takes lots of luck to make it through. But just make sure that this job is what you really want =p because some of colleagues are regretting now!

Bella Consuela
Regular
Regular

Post by Bella Consuela » Thu, 29 Jul 2010 6:46 pm

latest silkair interview dates on 6th and 7th august at stc..go go check silkair website..
its on the same day as SQ interview at the marriott hotel..!

MademoiselleCher
Regular
Regular

Post by MademoiselleCher » Fri, 30 Jul 2010 9:49 am

Hi Bella Consuella,

I just checked the website yesterday but no updates? Only freelance...Maybe I'll try checking today again..Thank u btw! :D

Been waiting for my chance to go try again and finally it's gonna be here soon!!

Bella Consuela
Regular
Regular

Post by Bella Consuela » Fri, 30 Jul 2010 10:25 am

MademoiselleCher wrote:Hi Bella Consuella,

I just checked the website yesterday but no updates? Only freelance...Maybe I'll try checking today again..Thank u btw! :D

Been waiting for my chance to go try again and finally it's gonna be here soon!!
hihi, i just checked silkair website 5 minutes ago and its definitely there! hehee 6th and 7th august dear.. :) next week!

MademoiselleCher
Regular
Regular

Post by MademoiselleCher » Fri, 30 Jul 2010 10:41 am

GRRRREAT!!! :D

Silkair leaves people with lil' time to prepare!! Omg! NEXT WEEK!!! I'm sooo going to the interview despite failing once before...

Are you going as well? I think I'll skip work on 6 Aug and go for the interview! The previous time I reached pretty late sooo guess this time round I shall buck up and reach there early!

This is gonna be my 2nd time trying for the interview, hopefully I'll be able to get my dream job!!! *Cross Fingers!!

Bella Consuela
Regular
Regular

Post by Bella Consuela » Fri, 30 Jul 2010 2:35 pm

MademoiselleCher wrote:GRRRREAT!!! :D

Silkair leaves people with lil' time to prepare!! Omg! NEXT WEEK!!! I'm sooo going to the interview despite failing once before...

Are you going as well? I think I'll skip work on 6 Aug and go for the interview! The previous time I reached pretty late sooo guess this time round I shall buck up and reach there early!

This is gonna be my 2nd time trying for the interview, hopefully I'll be able to get my dream job!!! *Cross Fingers!!
yeah! i tot they'll only recruit again in oct or nov.
yeah im going, but im only going on 7aug (sat), i dont want to take leave leh..hehe. i went to the previous one on 30 june, but failed it too and i got there early but still failed!
hopefully we'll both pass and get in together! :)

MademoiselleCher
Regular
Regular

Post by MademoiselleCher » Fri, 30 Jul 2010 3:58 pm

I've already got something on Sat tt's why can't go...Lol previously I went on 1st July..

Yeah let's work hard towards our goal!! Pray hard that we'll both get in!! :D

Best of luck to you!! Jiayou jiayou jiayou!!

cats eye

Post by cats eye » Fri, 30 Jul 2010 4:29 pm

hi..anyone going on friday? =)
cats eye

cythx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cythx » Fri, 30 Jul 2010 4:36 pm

cats eye, you are going on Friday?
Some ppl watch things happen, some ppl let things happen, but I make things happen... The sky is my limit!

cats eye

Post by cats eye » Fri, 30 Jul 2010 4:47 pm

hi cythx..yes im keen so i should be going..

i tried to pm u but since im newb here the feature is restricted until i have made more posts in the forum.. :-|

anyway i can reach u?or maybe u can pm me instead? :D
Last edited by cats eye on Fri, 30 Jul 2010 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cats eye

Return to “Airline Careers”