Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
lollylolly

Post by lollylolly » Tue, 06 Jul 2010 5:41 pm

During kebaya they will check your composure n overall appearance - skin condition, scars on hand, neck, tattoos on ankle. It is quite thorough, but no spotlight etc.

Angelme

Post by Angelme » Tue, 06 Jul 2010 6:04 pm

I'm starting on 5th aug. Anyone starts on the date as well? Pm me ur msn or fb . Thanks!

lollylolly

Post by lollylolly » Tue, 06 Jul 2010 6:11 pm

@angeline, if u don't mind sharing, when did u go for ur medical, and subsequent 2nd followups, and when did mary call u?

smilingdaisies

Post by smilingdaisies » Tue, 06 Jul 2010 8:06 pm

I went for my medical on tuesday and got the call from mary on friday at around 230pm :)

cosyz

Post by cosyz » Tue, 06 Jul 2010 9:37 pm

hi babes, for those who have already sign the bond and those who are in training.. i have 2 quick qns.

1. when we go and sign the bond, must we have red nails, bun up the hair and have blue eye shadow? cause from the email attachment, it says that we have to abide those rules when we are in the training center.

2. on our first day, must we have red nails, bun up the hair and have blue eye shadow?

cos i still duno the correct colour code the company is using so i dun wanna buy now n end up it's the wrong one. :)

thanks in advance! :)

rebeccacious
Regular
Regular

Post by rebeccacious » Tue, 06 Jul 2010 9:54 pm

cosyz wrote:hi babes, for those who have already sign the bond and those who are in training.. i have 2 quick qns.

1. when we go and sign the bond, must we have red nails, bun up the hair and have blue eye shadow? cause from the email attachment, it says that we have to abide those rules when we are in the training center.

2. on our first day, must we have red nails, bun up the hair and have blue eye shadow?

cos i still duno the correct colour code the company is using so i dun wanna buy now n end up it's the wrong one. :)

I don't think there's a need to have red nails and bun hair when you're going to sign the bond. Only when you first start training I guess you'll have to abide to those rules. Just paint any red or go for a manicure, I'm sure they'll let us know once we start our training on what colour to use. :)

Gwen_wardrobe

Post by Gwen_wardrobe » Tue, 06 Jul 2010 11:45 pm

cosyz wrote:hi babes, for those who have already sign the bond and those who are in training.. i have 2 quick qns.

day of signing bond:
-proper attire i.e office wear n heels w straps or court shoes
-clean nails
-natural makeup

first day of training:
-attire same as above
-red nails if u want i.e opi chick flick cherry, malaga wine, along this line of red
-pls don put blue eye shadow if u cant actually apply professionally, natural makeup with hair neatly tied or let down will do as well.

hope this helps!

venical

Post by venical » Tue, 06 Jul 2010 11:59 pm

Hi nicccccc, so helpful! haa

i still have no news man

louispoh

Post by louispoh » Tue, 06 Jul 2010 11:59 pm

hi there, just checking if there's anyone who states that he/she will be available after mid sept?

Gwen_wardrobe

Post by Gwen_wardrobe » Wed, 07 Jul 2010 12:07 am

venical wrote:Hi nicccccc, so helpful! haa

i still have no news man
we are machiam 24hrs hooked on to this forum lo! haa

he jus submitted his medical rpt today =) hope all goes well!

anyhw mary might have just taken off today!

be prepared for fone calls tmr (i think its usually aft 12)!

gd luck :)

venical

Post by venical » Wed, 07 Jul 2010 12:09 am

yea boy!

camped 24hours! oh he did his scan already? gold money grass quite good hur!

hey nic pm me your no.

kinderjoy
Regular
Regular

Post by kinderjoy » Wed, 07 Jul 2010 12:25 am

rebeccacious wrote:

I don't think there's a need to have red nails and bun hair when you're going to sign the bond. Only when you first start training I guess you'll have to abide to those rules. Just paint any red or go for a manicure, I'm sure they'll let us know once we start our training on what colour to use. :)

signing bond - you have to be properly attired. no need to bun or paint ur nails red.

1st day training - PLS wear formal and tie up ur hair. make up is a must. and girls pls wear heels min. 1 inch to 3 inch. no slippers, sandals and flats.

ps: 1st day training, pls bring big bag as there will be notes to be brought back home. btw, NO haversack bagpack (i hope i spelled correctly) is allow.. (as for wat i know)

vivivalentine

Post by vivivalentine » Wed, 07 Jul 2010 1:23 am

nanababa wrote:Hi everyone,

been lurking around. Just wondering how SIA do their 2nd skin check in the kebaya round? Do they like examine real closely or just as in the 1st skin check round with the spotlights and all that i read. They look out for scars slightly above the elbows as i have a pretty prominent 2cm pop-up scar?
Hmm for the 2nd skin check, there were no spotlights, they just checked us using the ceiling lighting. they will check your face, your neck, your forearms and your lower legs.

try to cover up your scar if possible. they might ask questions about any visible scars.

crunkbabee
Regular
Regular

Post by crunkbabee » Wed, 07 Jul 2010 9:11 am

i missed a call from mary!!!! its 6541**** right?!?!?!?!

maine21

Post by maine21 » Wed, 07 Jul 2010 9:15 am

crunkbabee wrote:i missed a call from mary!!!! its 6541**** right?!?!?!?!
YESYES!!! OMG!!! ALAMAK!! WHY U MISS IT?? hahahha. pls make sure ur phone is less than 15cm away from u. Lol!!