Singapore Expats

Good International Moving Company

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
intellectualsmuse
Chatter
Chatter

Post by intellectualsmuse » Sun, 07 Mar 2010 10:54 pm

We used Crown too and it was okay, except it took like 5 weeks to get the stuff here. I was told it would arrive in 3-4 weeks.
For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the sheltered will never know.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: bluesjonson - astro

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 26 Mar 2010 8:22 am

AnnaH wrote:bluesjonson - if you want feedback re: Astro Movers you should private message me.... will fill you in!!!
Post your comments here for the benefit of all.

JOSMO

Anyone have stories about Astro Movers?

Post by JOSMO » Thu, 29 Apr 2010 4:43 pm

Thinking of using them for shipping goods from Singapore to North America. thanks!

imrankassim
Regular
Regular

Post by imrankassim » Fri, 30 Apr 2010 10:26 am

textex wrote:Hi, most of the companies mentioned above are reputable, but please get your stuff insured as there will be dings and damage (from experience). Search through the forum to read about the unfortunate ones who did not get any insurance.

Good luck with your move.

Tex.
I agree with this, but if you don't want to fork out insurance for the entire shipment, then at least have the valuable/fragile items e.g. television set, antiques, paintings insured.
INT'L RELOCATION. [email protected]

mg123

Free moving quotes

Post by mg123 » Tue, 18 May 2010 5:02 pm

Free moving quotes plays a major role in choosing your moving company but beware of scam companies also. hope the below link will help you in getting some free quotes from moving companies.
www.moversglobal.com/freemovingquotes.aspx - just choose your right source and destination.

hischris

moving from Colorado to Singapore

Post by hischris » Wed, 16 Jun 2010 10:14 am

We are going to move from Colorado to Singapore in late July and we are looking for an affordable way to send about 15-20 boxes. We don't have any furniture, just books, clothes, linens, and some kitchen items. We've been told by several shipping companies that we don't have enough to meet their minimum shipping volumes. FedEx and the post office seem expensive. We're looking for something in between. Any ideas?

Another issue for us is that we won't have a mailing address for the first week or so. When we ship our goods, we won't have an address. Any ideas?

Expatsmile

Singapore Mover

Post by Expatsmile » Sun, 27 Jun 2010 11:23 am

My family used (no advertisement), a Singapore Freight forwarding company to move our furnitures & other bulky personal belongings from France - Singapore. The price is reasonable and the service follow up is good too.

The best part, the staff also help us save a lot by advising on our packing size. During importing, the staff help us request for free from Import Duties for Personal effects from the authorities. We actually save a few hundreds on GST. :)

A good tip to fellow expats!!

:D :D

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 27 Jun 2010 1:06 pm

Call me suspicious, but why does that post read like an advertisement? :-k

I mean, gosh, you only registered today to make that post and disappear.

fortunately, if I leave it here, then if you do it again, I'll know that you are, in fact advertising. they I would be forced to delete both of them........

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Jasonjasonjason

Moving FROM Singapore

Post by Jasonjasonjason » Thu, 01 Jul 2010 6:30 pm

I've looked through the forums, but there does not seem to be a thread for moving FROM Singapore (TO UK, in my case).

I've asked around for some quotes, and Astro movers is pretty cheap. Other than those mentioned, does anyone have recommendations or other horror stories to avoid?

Thanks.

Jasonjasonjason

Astro?

Post by Jasonjasonjason » Sun, 04 Jul 2010 6:04 pm

BTW, Anna, can you share the Astro experience, wanted to PM you, but don't have sufficient posts to perform that function. Thanks.

amiee40
Chatter
Chatter

Post by amiee40 » Tue, 06 Jul 2010 9:29 am

Hi

Anyone used Orient Express Forwarding or Relocasia before?? Thanks

Humm.. not sure about Crown. I got a quote from them and also abit of a shock, price was nearly triple than the quotes that i got from other large removalists (based on the same inventory list).

Worldtraveler64

Post by Worldtraveler64 » Wed, 08 Sep 2010 11:37 am

amiee40 wrote:Hi

Anyone used Orient Express Forwarding or Relocasia before?? Thanks

Humm.. not sure about Crown. I got a quote from them and also abit of a shock, price was nearly triple than the quotes that i got from other large removalists (based on the same inventory list).
I moved with Relocasia from Hong Kong to Wuxi and from there to Singapore. Expat, british owned company I think and price in relation to quality and service offered was very good.

LindaJ

Post by LindaJ » Fri, 24 Sep 2010 12:14 am

I am using Crown next month. I am a little nervous after hearing the negative feedback. I will check with my husband if we still have an option to change. :?

LindaJ

Post by LindaJ » Sun, 26 Sep 2010 11:25 pm

Checked around with some friends in Singapore and have mixed feedback on Crown. Will give them a shot and update my feedback after my moving…. Praying for the best…...

desngbc

Post by desngbc » Thu, 28 Apr 2011 12:23 am

hey like to know more about the services provided by Astro movers ... how are they? Thinking of engaging them from SG to AUS