Singapore Expats

Entry-level Expatriate Salary Expectations

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
intellectualsmuse
Chatter
Chatter

Post by intellectualsmuse » Sat, 03 Jul 2010 10:34 pm

sarinho wrote:
intellectualsmuse wrote:
sarinho wrote: i still can not understand ....are my sentences complicated or something another!

Please provide me some clarifications

Thank you
You need to work on improving your English. I would suggest you read good books to improve your sentence construction and understand the contextual usage of certain words. With your current level of proficiency in English, it would be near impossible for you to be considered for a job here.
hi

thanks for your comments
where are you from?

i so believe that the contextual structure is much enough to understand all what i indicate!.....

i do not suppose that people have incredible and orderly language skills there!

as i already know that many russian with middle level skills have acceptable conditions ...so,there is no need to make all harder

am i right!

regards
Trust me, I am honestly not trying to make "all harder". ( :oops: ) Anyways, on a serious note, you need to work on your language skills. I don't know any Russians here and I can't comprehend what you mean by "acceptable conditions" and "middle level skills"- all very very relative terms. But it would do you good to heed the advice people on the forum have shared. Unless you don't want any. Which makes me wonder why you are here?
For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the sheltered will never know.

pac

Post by pac » Sat, 03 Jul 2010 10:42 pm

Plavt wrote:Sorry Sarinho, I have to agree with sms, Mad Scientist and others who have pointed out your poor English; your grammar, punctuation and spelling are atrocious.

While I am not perfect, I live amongst a good number of Turks and they write better than that..........
hi ,everybody out there.

oh! no need to be so cruel in all.
i have just registered at that editor and initially see incomprehensible approaches from other chatters.

It is quite simple to understand all ,why ! so much arguments....

people overstate about all too much unnecassarily.

i was there couples years ago and had good experiences in all.
all very quite simple,its not an academical environment.If you have good experiences in your business field and able to express yourself entirely,you are welcome to the opportunities.

Greetings

Ben

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 03 Jul 2010 11:50 pm

sarinho wrote:
Plavt wrote:Sorry Sarinho, I have to agree with sms, Mad Scientist and others who have pointed out your poor English; your grammar, punctuation and spelling are atrocious.

While I am not perfect, I live amongst a good number of Turks and they write better than that..........
great, to hear existences of turkish people there

by the way ,are turkish people considered as European or another?
do they have good conditions in business life?

any ideas would be great to hear from you.

regards
:???: ](*,) Plavt lives in the UK and not in Singapore. Just like yourself, not all who post here are living here.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 04 Jul 2010 12:02 am

pac wrote:

hi ,everybody out there.

i have just registered at that editor and initially see incomprehensible approaches from other chatters.

all very quite simple,its not an academical environment.If you have good experiences in your business field and able to express yourself entirely,you are welcome to the opportunities.

Greetings

Ben
Hi Ben/Pac, or is it sarinho? May I ask as simple question? Why have you put your address as Seattle, Washington in your publicly available profile (look to the left side of your screen under your name, yet you are posting from the same Turkish IP address as sarinho? Sarinho, is this the only way you can find someone who thinks your English is suitable? Or have you put your friend up to it to bolster your position? In either case, it's pretty sad.

You are really going to have to learn to face the truth. Why should we lie to you. You ask us for information, we give it to you in good faith. You must learn that personal opinions do not enter into it. We don't know you. We only have what you type with which to form impressions. Please, do not continue to humiliate yourself.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sarinho

Post by sarinho » Sun, 04 Jul 2010 12:03 am

intellectualsmuse wrote:
sarinho wrote:
intellectualsmuse wrote: You need to work on improving your English. I would suggest you read good books to improve your sentence construction and understand the contextual usage of certain words. With your current level of proficiency in English, it would be near impossible for you to be considered for a job here.
hi

thanks for your comments
where are you from?

i so believe that the contextual structure is much enough to understand all what i indicate!.....

i do not suppose that people have incredible and orderly language skills there!

as i already know that many russian with middle level skills have acceptable conditions ...so,there is no need to make all harder

am i right!

regards
Trust me, I am honestly not trying to make "all harder". ( :oops: ) Anyways, on a serious note, you need to work on your language skills. I don't know any Russians here and I can't comprehend what you mean by "acceptable conditions" and "middle level skills"- all very very relative terms. But it would do you good to heed the advice people on the forum have shared. Unless you don't want any. Which makes me wonder why you are here?
first, i would to remind you regardıng my questıon (where are you from?)

its so clear what i mean ( packages,salaries,living conditions...etc) ,also having middle degree business experiences.

come on,you do not need to indicate being irrelevant on existence of russians.There are nearly 1500 russians living in Singapore,with satisfactory conditions.

i am here only to obtain some information about all of Singapore,not to discuss another subjects and matters.

beppi
Manager
Manager

Post by beppi » Sun, 04 Jul 2010 12:08 am

Interesting that somebody living in America cannot spell Seattle correctly and makes the same type of grammar, interpunctuation and vocabulary mistakes as the earlier poster Sarinho. Have the two of them posted from the same IP address?

Later edit:
Hmm, SMS was faster than me and already clarified that the two are the same and trying to fool us. Thanks, SMS! I will stop communicating with this dubious character (whom I also had some PM exchanges with, trying to help - but there he also accused me of ignorance and being wrong for stating the obvious!).

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sun, 04 Jul 2010 12:39 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Hi Ben/Pac, or is it sarinho? May I ask as simple question? Why have you put your address as Seattle, Washington in your publicly available profile (look to the left side of your screen under your name, yet you are posting from the same Turkish IP address as sarinho?

A troll! A troll!? Could it be the same buffoon that showed up here a few weeks back? :shock: :???:

pac

Post by pac » Sun, 04 Jul 2010 4:13 am

sarinho wrote:

great, to hear existences of turkish people there

by the way ,are turkish people considered as European or another?
do they have good conditions in business life?

any ideas would be great to hear from you.

regards
:???: ](*,) Plavt lives in the UK and not in Singapore. Just like yourself, not all who post here are living here.
:D that is really great,what i hear from you

so,does it mean that i speak to someone who is outside from Singapore!!!
but,why he does not explain that case.

pac

Post by pac » Sun, 04 Jul 2010 4:26 am

pac wrote:

hi ,everybody out there.

Greetings

Ben
Hi Ben/Pac, or is it sarinho? May I ask as simple question? Why have you put your address as Seattle, Washington in your publicly available profile (look to the left side of your screen under your name, yet you are posting from the same Turkish IP address as sarinho? Sarinho, is this the only way you can find someone who thinks your English is suitable? Or have you put your friend up to it to bolster your position? In either case, it's pretty sad.

You are really going to have to learn to face the truth. Why should we lie to you. You ask us for information, we give it to you in good faith. You must learn that personal opinions do not enter into it. We don't know you. We only have what you type with which to form impressions. Please, do not continue to humiliate yourself.
:) i am not sarinho or another.

i am for a while in Turkey and use the same ip.So,please stop more to judge my friend.

In fact,you should recognize him,before stating any comments!

My name is Ben and we`ve had business togethership in Seattle

you are free to believe in all

take care

pac

Post by pac » Sun, 04 Jul 2010 4:40 am

beppi wrote:Interesting that somebody living in America cannot spell Seattle correctly and makes the same type of grammar, interpunctuation and vocabulary mistakes as the earlier poster Sarinho. Have the two of them posted from the same IP address?

Later edit:
Hmm, SMS was faster than me and already clarified that the two are the same and trying to fool us. Thanks, SMS! I will stop communicating with this dubious character (whom I also had some PM exchanges with, trying to help - but there he also accused me of ignorance and being wrong for stating the obvious!).
you,over there

i`ve already indicated who i am,check on my earlier posting

i stay for a while in Turkey with my friend sarinho and i use the same ip.

i am not discussing any subjects with you and all anothers!

I will say only one thing,HE IS REALLY GREAT AND INTELLIGENT in his business.....

pac

Post by pac » Sun, 04 Jul 2010 4:56 am

Plavt wrote:
Hi Ben/Pac, or is it sarinho? May I ask as simple question? Why have you put your address as Seattle, Washington in your publicly available profile (look to the left side of your screen under your name, yet you are posting from the same Turkish IP address as sarinho?

A troll! A troll!? Could it be the same buffoon that showed up here a few weeks back? :shock: :???:
i will not repeat more :???: kindly check my earlier postings

but,my friend is completely right,in what he focuses ,being open to prejudices!

I am originally American and see that many Europeans have the same approaches directly

at least ,people can ask kindly, before recognizing someone :)

observer
Regular
Regular

Post by observer » Sun, 04 Jul 2010 10:31 am

Wow, I'm now pretty sure you're a professional copywriter for chinese product descriptions.

On a more serious note, business in Singapore is highly competitive. Even if you manage to finally get here, your competitors will tear you apart. Even your very own colleagues will eat you for breakfast if you cannot make a decent sentence in English. The locals are not happy losing jobs to foreigners, particularly those who cannot string a proper a sentence.

No amount of dopes will be able to help you. Think twice, you will. A dose of humility, you should bring. Already mentioned before, SMS has.
It's common sense - if you try to come in before I go out, I can't go out. And you can't come in! Lose-lose!

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 04 Jul 2010 12:51 pm

pac wrote:
Plavt wrote:

i will not repeat more :???: kindly check my earlier postings

but,my friend is completely right,in what he focuses ,being open to prejudices!

I am originally American and see that many Europeans have the same approaches directly

at least ,people can ask kindly, before recognizing someone :)
If you are "Originally" American, I'll eat my hat! While I know American School Standards have been dumbed down to the lowest common denominator, your English is NOT that of a native American. And, as was pointed out earlier, if you are from American, why did you list your address as Seatlle, U.S.A.? Is that supposed to be Seattle? And no American would write it in that manner. They would have written Seattle and assume all reading would understand that is the USA, or write Seattle, Washington or WA.

If you two are not the same with a split personality, then you are also Turkish and probably that is the only reason you two could do business, you both had the same English instructor (if, in fact you did have one) but probably communicate in Turkish anyway.

:roll:

shameenali
Regular
Regular

:)

Post by shameenali » Mon, 05 Jul 2010 3:16 am

This is gettin funnier & funnier by the minute :D

februus
Regular
Regular

Post by februus » Mon, 05 Jul 2010 9:03 am

come off it. how can someone with such poor syntax manage to spell everything correctly. on-line translators only work if everything is spelled right in the native language otherwise it just returns the word as the original. even as a uk citizen (and relatively educated one, with a specific interest in the language) i still make spelling mistakes. sarinho/pac have managed to avoid a single one so far.

definitely a translator......