Singapore Expats

Silkair

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Jovhoney

Post by Jovhoney » Wed, 30 Jun 2010 11:55 pm

How did the interview went today for those who went?

Bella Consuela
Regular
Regular

Post by Bella Consuela » Thu, 01 Jul 2010 11:25 am

went down at 1030am yesterday and only got interviewd at 12pm...and none in my group made it! so disappointing!!! dunno if should try again coz been thru so many times that im totally immune to rejection. anyway alrady turninng 26 soon and im getting married already...haiz..
btw silkair starting to employ guys as CC??? coz saw a few guys yesterday at the interview filling in the application forms and all and the staff there didnt say anything..so we're all waiting there are like kinda puzzled as to since when silkair employ guys as cc....hmmm

MademoiselleCher
Regular
Regular

Post by MademoiselleCher » Thu, 01 Jul 2010 3:40 pm

Hi all,

I went for today's interview, reached around 10am and waited till 12.30pm or sooo...I was in group 5 and before that I noticed group 3 took quite a while before group 4 was called in...Group 4 was done much faster then shortly my group went in...

I failed round 1 and only 1 girl who used to work at her mum's coffeeshop got in... :o Not criticizing the job she had but I really don't know what the interviewers are looking for. I felt that only me and 1 other (who's a uni grad) had better intro speech while the rest weren't as good...

I even followed what most of the forums/ blogs has said, to keep smiling and also said that I love meeting and talking to people. That I feel committed in doing so and being able to understand one person's culture through talking can help me better understand him/ her and it's a valuable lesson to myself...(IS my speech horrible? I'm not sure but it looks alright to me...) :(

The interviewers seemed quite pleased with my performance and even smiled at me (same for the uni grad) but we didn't made it...Why??? :? It's like the interviewers are randomly picking up anyone they fancy...*Shrugs

Still upset and blur as to why I would fail round 1... :(

Feeling demoralized especially when I went down just for this interview all the way from jurong...My boyfriend encourages me to try again next time but I'm feeling really skeptical...

Did anyone managed to get in from ytd or today's interview? I also noticed quite a few girls being turned down in round 2...This one seemed to be even harder than SIA!
Never Say Never! :)

dimensionspectrum
Regular
Regular

Post by dimensionspectrum » Thu, 01 Jul 2010 4:04 pm

MademoiselleCher wrote:Hi all,

I went for today's interview, reached around 10am and waited till 12.30pm or sooo...I was in group 5 and before that I noticed group 3 took quite a while before group 4 was called in...Group 4 was done much faster then shortly my group went in...

I failed round 1 and only 1 girl who used to work at her mum's coffeeshop got in... :o Not criticizing the job she had but I really don't know what the interviewers are looking for. I felt that only me and 1 other (who's a uni grad) had better intro speech while the rest weren't as good...

I even followed what most of the forums/ blogs has said, to keep smiling and also said that I love meeting and talking to people. That I feel committed in doing so and being able to understand one person's culture through talking can help me better understand him/ her and it's a valuable lesson to myself...(IS my speech horrible? I'm not sure but it looks alright to me...) :(

The interviewers seemed quite pleased with my performance and even smiled at me (same for the uni grad) but we didn't made it...Why??? :? It's like the interviewers are randomly picking up anyone they fancy...*Shrugs

Still upset and blur as to why I would fail round 1... :(

Feeling demoralized especially when I went down just for this interview all the way from jurong...My boyfriend encourages me to try again next time but I'm feeling really skeptical...

Did anyone managed to get in from ytd or today's interview? I also noticed quite a few girls being turned down in round 2...This one seemed to be even harder than SIA!
I think you should try again..my gf tried 6 times before she got in SQ yrs back. I hope ou feel consoled at this? And she's still happily flying. =)
Im already 30 this yr and i wanna try too but i came down with fever last night..zzzz I am just harping on the fact I dont look 30 to get in. (Self denial) haha Many strangers I dont know told me I look 22-25. We can go together the next time and when u look at my situation,perhaps u will feel better n more confident? =P

I duno about Silkair but for SIA there's no max age, Milky. Just gotta try if it's really your dream. I took so long bcos I started family early and only now I have the ability to pursue this..I will just keep trying and see how it goes! *keeping fingers crossed*

MademoiselleCher
Regular
Regular

Post by MademoiselleCher » Thu, 01 Jul 2010 4:29 pm

Hi SpectrumDimension,

Soo you didn't went ytd nor today for the interview? During my interview session, the "coffeeshop" girl was asked by one of the interviewers for her credit in English as she did not state it in her form. Only gave her dip certs.

I understand English is important mine was B3...Not that bad right? It's really puzzling...How many times did you try for Silkair? Have you gotten into 2nd round before?

Your friend really has determination! Admire her for that and ya suppose I could go try again and experience again...How did she managed to pass the last time? Maybe can get some pointers? Really appreciate your encouragement! And yes we could go down together next time~ :)

If most people think that you don't look like your age, that is good news right? I mean the interviewers would also look at you and assess from there...Soo yup, jia you as well! :) Pursuing this dream is worthy if you're determined as your friend...

But I'm really curious why will fail? Do you know the reason for failing? My boyfriend told me to ask but I didn't... :(

Urm for the height test, I was actually measured 1.53 and told to reach this masking tape after that...I managed to passed as I saw the lady writing a "R" which I guess is reach on my form...then asked me for my documents...I supposed height is not the factor for which I fail cuz if this is the case, the lady would not have asked me to go for round 1 interview right?

Another thing is, I actually wore a wig to hide my ash blonde hair as it looks really striking and inappropriate but my photo given, was my hair in actual color...Do you think if the interviewers are concerned about this?

*Sighs...I wasted 40bucks for that wig bought last min ytd night! Was pondering if I should just spray my hair temp. brown (cost only 9bucks) and seems like I should have sprayed...

Really feel sooo....................haiz........

missyshi

Post by missyshi » Thu, 01 Jul 2010 5:09 pm

MademoiselleCher wrote:Hi SpectrumDimension,

Soo you didn't went ytd nor today for the interview? During my interview session, the "coffeeshop" girl was asked by one of the interviewers for her credit in English as she did not state it in her form. Only gave her dip certs.

I understand English is important mine was B3...Not that bad right? It's really puzzling...How many times did you try for Silkair? Have you gotten into 2nd round before?

Your friend really has determination! Admire her for that and ya suppose I could go try again and experience again...How did she managed to pass the last time? Maybe can get some pointers? Really appreciate your encouragement! And yes we could go down together next time~ :)

If most people think that you don't look like your age, that is good news right? I mean the interviewers would also look at you and assess from there...Soo yup, jia you as well! :) Pursuing this dream is worthy if you're determined as your friend...

But I'm really curious why will fail? Do you know the reason for failing? My boyfriend told me to ask but I didn't... :(

Urm for the height test, I was actually measured 1.53 and told to reach this masking tape after that...I managed to passed as I saw the lady writing a "R" which I guess is reach on my form...then asked me for my documents...I supposed height is not the factor for which I fail cuz if this is the case, the lady would not have asked me to go for round 1 interview right?

Another thing is, I actually wore a wig to hide my ash blonde hair as it looks really striking and inappropriate but my photo given, was my hair in actual color...Do you think if the interviewers are concerned about this?

*Sighs...I wasted 40bucks for that wig bought last min ytd night! Was pondering if I should just spray my hair temp. brown (cost only 9bucks) and seems like I should have sprayed...

Really feel sooo....................haiz........
Hi MademoiselleCher,

Height is really important in airlines as you need to reach for the safety equipments in the aircraft..
Rd 2 is actually a passage reading, if you passed, they will pass you a letter and inform you of the uniform fitting rd, then the management rd..
Hope it helps.. Cheers!

MademoiselleCher
Regular
Regular

Post by MademoiselleCher » Thu, 01 Jul 2010 5:15 pm

Hi Missyshi,

Thanks...I understand height is a important factor but if I didn't meet it, they should have just rejected me on the spot right? Cuz I read from some blogs that although you might not have the height if you can pass their "reach" test means pass...

And for the interview, I was told 1st round was group intro and if you pass will proceed to 2nd round for 1 to 1 interview...

Wasn't informed about any passage reading... :(

missyshi

Post by missyshi » Thu, 01 Jul 2010 5:23 pm

MademoiselleCher wrote:Hi Missyshi,

Thanks...I understand height is a important factor but if I didn't meet it, they should have just rejected me on the spot right? Cuz I read from some blogs that although you might not have the height if you can pass their "reach" test means pass...

And for the interview, I was told 1st round was group intro and if you pass will proceed to 2nd round for 1 to 1 interview...

Wasn't informed about any passage reading... :(
My dear ger, 2nd round is a 1 to 1, correct, which they will give you a passage to read..

MademoiselleCher
Regular
Regular

Post by MademoiselleCher » Thu, 01 Jul 2010 5:27 pm

Ohh I see...Thanks but my main concern is why I failed...If the interviewers would just tell those who failed...at least next time go back for interview can improve on that particular area right?

:(

missyshi

Post by missyshi » Thu, 01 Jul 2010 5:32 pm

Not a problem, try again next time, i guess its by luck, and if they like you, they will choose you =) jia you!
I have seen 1 tt tried silkair for 10 times till all interviewers remembered her, in the end she got in, her hard work paid off eventually ^^

MademoiselleCher
Regular
Regular

Post by MademoiselleCher » Thu, 01 Jul 2010 5:54 pm

WOW! :o

10 times! 4times more than Spectrumdimension's friend! Does that means perseverance can let one in eventually? Seems like it is the case for most whom tried multiple times...

Thanks for telling me that! At least now I won't feel so bad~ And I do agree with you on the part where they "like" you then you're in...Really felt to me this way when I was there earlier on...

Alright then! I shall wait patiently and be more prepared for the next interview...But anyone knows when Silkair will hold walk-in after this round? Seems like I gotta wait for a very long while...

missyshi

Post by missyshi » Thu, 01 Jul 2010 6:05 pm

Yippie~ their recruitment are very frequent, just check on their webby! Good luck to you!

MademoiselleCher
Regular
Regular

Post by MademoiselleCher » Thu, 01 Jul 2010 6:34 pm

Thank u, really appreciate your encouragement! :) I shall pay close attention and go for the next round!

oldhag

Post by oldhag » Fri, 02 Jul 2010 5:20 pm

[quote="dimensionspectrum

I think you should try again..my gf tried 6 times before she got in SQ yrs back. I hope ou feel consoled at this? And she's still happily flying. =)
Im already 30 this yr and i wanna try too but i came down with fever last night..zzzz I am just harping on the fact I dont look 30 to get in. (Self denial) haha Many strangers I dont know told me I look 22-25. We can go together the next time and when u look at my situation,perhaps u will feel better n more confident? =P

I duno about Silkair but for SIA there's no max age, Milky. Just gotta try if it's really your dream. I took so long bcos I started family early and only now I have the ability to pursue this..I will just keep trying and see how it goes! *keeping fingers crossed*[/quote]

Hi dimensionspectrum,same here.I'm already 30 yrs old this yr and I'm still dreaming of a career in airline.I've been wanting to try out for the interviews too but having reservations becos of my age.I'm so glad I found someone who's in the same situation as me.Maybe next time we can try going together?Can I pm you next time when there's interview?

girlzz
Regular
Regular

Post by girlzz » Fri, 02 Jul 2010 11:39 pm

For round 1, i think if they like you, they will ask questions.And if you're lucky maybe a few questions otherwise more questions will be imposed to u.And just be yourself and smart :wink:

Any idea when is the next opening???
Looking forward!!

Return to “Airline Careers”