Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
rebeccacious
Regular
Regular

Post by rebeccacious » Sun, 27 Jun 2010 6:18 pm

autumn-winter wrote:hello to those who went ytd!!

what were the interview rounds like ytd?:)
any changes?:)
hello! the 1st round - 10 people in a group self-intro and random question. 2nd round - skin check/grooming round, checking of skin under spotlight and walk. 3rd round - games round memory card game and 1-1 interview, asking personal questions. if you get through everything you'll come back the following day, today 4th round - management round, introducing your partner, reading of passage and discussion of topic. last round - kebaya fitting, trying on the kebaya and checking of scars. :)

i passed! going for medical checkup tomorrow. fingers crossed! anyone know how long it takes after medical checkup to know the results?

taneugene

Post by taneugene » Sun, 27 Jun 2010 7:09 pm

hi all! congratulations to all who've made it this June.

I went for the walk in yesterday and sadly I got kicked out during the cert checking, I didn't know that NITEC and 4 Os were not sufficient. I will complete my diploma by January.

Anyone here from group 46 yesterday? Would really like to know if my group mates made it!

shenoes
Regular
Regular

Post by shenoes » Sun, 27 Jun 2010 7:11 pm

rebeccacious wrote: i passed! going for medical checkup tomorrow. fingers crossed! anyone know how long it takes after medical checkup to know the results?
Hi rebeccacious, i also going for the medical checkup but the indian woman told me it's only between wed to sat then can go. But you mentioned tomoro you going. so we also can go do check up tomoro?
-shenoes-

tangeve
Regular
Regular

Post by tangeve » Sun, 27 Jun 2010 9:41 pm

shenoes wrote:
rebeccacious wrote: i passed! going for medical checkup tomorrow. fingers crossed! anyone know how long it takes after medical checkup to know the results?
Hi rebeccacious, i also going for the medical checkup but the indian woman told me it's only between wed to sat then can go. But you mentioned tomoro you going. so we also can go do check up tomoro?
:) I believe the case is such that candidates with immediate availability will go from mon-wed and those with schedule allowance will go on a later day from thu-sat. sat should be the last day for all! :D

rebeccacious
Regular
Regular

Post by rebeccacious » Sun, 27 Jun 2010 9:55 pm

tangeve wrote:
shenoes wrote:
:) I believe the case is such that candidates with immediate availability will go from mon-wed and those with schedule allowance will go on a later day from thu-sat. sat should be the last day for all! :D
is it? mine was the chinese woman and she said can go any day, she didn't mention only wed to sat. i'm not so sure why yours said that... mine is 1 month notice, she just said not to quit my job first. :x so yeah i'm going to check-up tomorrow, asap is better! shortens the wait and i can hand in my resignation earlier hehehe.

kinderjoy
Regular
Regular

Post by kinderjoy » Sun, 27 Jun 2010 10:22 pm

rebeccacious wrote:
tangeve wrote:
shenoes wrote: Hi rebeccacious, i also going for the medical checkup but the indian woman told me it's only between wed to sat then can go. But you mentioned tomoro you going. so we also can go do check up tomoro?
is it? mine was the chinese woman and she said can go any day, she didn't mention only wed to sat. i'm not so sure why yours said that... mine is 1 month notice, she just said not to quit my job first. :x so yeah i'm going to check-up tomorrow, asap is better! shortens the wait and i can hand in my resignation earlier hehehe.
for all who are going for medical check up, pls go early in the morning. if not be prepare to q for at least 2 to 3 hrs. medical check up is pretty fast. just weight and height and eye check. there will also be breast check for girls. X ray and urine test will also be conducted on the same day. my advise, drink more water. :wink:

rebeccacious
Regular
Regular

Post by rebeccacious » Sun, 27 Jun 2010 10:29 pm

kinderjoy wrote:
for all who are going for medical check up, pls go early in the morning. if not be prepare to q for at least 2 to 3 hrs. medical check up is pretty fast. just weight and height and eye check. there will also be breast check for girls. X ray and urine test will also be conducted on the same day. my advise, drink more water. :wink:
hey kinderjoy, how long did you have to wait for that precious call after you went for your medical?? :)

kinderjoy
Regular
Regular

Post by kinderjoy » Sun, 27 Jun 2010 10:38 pm

rebeccacious wrote:
kinderjoy wrote:
hey kinderjoy, how long did you have to wait for that precious call after you went for your medical?? :)
abt 1 week to 2 weeks. if they find some problems with your medical, they will call you the next day to tell you to go back and do a 2nd screening. but 2nd screening, you will have to pay for it. amt is depends on what they need you to do.

rebeccacious
Regular
Regular

Post by rebeccacious » Sun, 27 Jun 2010 10:58 pm

kinderjoy wrote:
abt 1 week to 2 weeks. if they find some problems with your medical, they will call you the next day to tell you to go back and do a 2nd screening. but 2nd screening, you will have to pay for it. amt is depends on what they need you to do.
oh okay, thanks! which part of the medical exam is the one for the backbone? is it the x-ray? most of the time everyone will pass the medical right? 99% chance i think? :/ fingers crossed!

kinderjoy
Regular
Regular

Post by kinderjoy » Sun, 27 Jun 2010 11:02 pm

rebeccacious wrote:
kinderjoy wrote:
oh okay, thanks! which part of the medical exam is the one for the backbone? is it the x-ray? most of the time everyone will pass the medical right? 99% chance i think? :/ fingers crossed!
yes, x ray. most of the time pple will pass, but there were few failed the medical as well. :) dun worry. :)

taneugene

Post by taneugene » Mon, 28 Jun 2010 1:04 am

hi.. one of you actually PM me for the question asked during the first round. I can't PM cause I don't have enough replies on the forum yet.

The question asked was "what's your favourite travel destination and why?"

The thing is.. I totally flunked it! I forgot to reply about that and got carried away introducing myself. Passed round 1 though.

crunkbabee
Regular
Regular

Post by crunkbabee » Mon, 28 Jun 2010 8:56 am

autumn-winter wrote:hello to those who went ytd!!

what were the interview rounds like ytd?:)
any changes?:)
hey guys! I've cleared my kebaya and management and got in! Heading down for my medical this week. The lady said that you can go any day between now to sat...the earlier the better I guess.

Well, just an overview and a little tips of the whole process.

1st round: only 2 out of 10 in my group made it. I believe SIA are looking for outgoing and confident individual..but please bear in mind not to be tooo "ON" or air out toooo much confident and speak out. When they give you a question, ans the question..don't go out of point...Alot of peopl tend to do that.. I've seen the ones who spoke really well...but didn't get through.

2nd round: skin check..walk slowwlyyy when you are catwalking. theres girl in my group who walked too fast and was asked to walk again and..she went fast again..try and conceal scars if u can! other thn tt, all is good. :)

3rd: game and 1 to 1.. my situational question was "if your on board and you see that the toilet to clear it would you clean it or would you lock it up for the ground staff to clean?" rmbr in mind SIA's top service and the safety of passengers when answering such questions...

4th: management round..very relaxing round! we were asked to do cross introduction..offer your opinion on issues some oral reading and thats it.theres 6 of us and all 6 got in! good compared to other grps...not all 6 made it for other grps..

5th: kebaya round. this is usually before the management but dont know why they did it only after. the lady spotted this chicken pox scar that i never knew i had! ahahaha. so ladies, again..try to conceal whatever scars u have, pick the right size of keyaba..and all will be a breeze. :)

i wish good luck to all the rest of other hpefuls whos going in the near future...for now, can't wait to clear my medical! :)

shenoes
Regular
Regular

Post by shenoes » Mon, 28 Jun 2010 1:24 pm

rebeccacious wrote:
tangeve wrote:
shenoes wrote: Hi rebeccacious, i also going for the medical checkup but the indian woman told me it's only between wed to sat then can go. But you mentioned tomoro you going. so we also can go do check up tomoro?
mine is 2 wks notice. then another ger in my grp also was told to go between wed-sat, hers is one mth notice. funny la..

ya, abt the xray, i read from previous post that those got rejected after medical checkup is mainly due to minor sciolosis. heard from the them tat as long as over 20% then u might be rejected.. scary~~!

Seems like we can never stop worrying until the management call us to go dwn and sign the bond.
-shenoes-

JENY

Post by JENY » Mon, 28 Jun 2010 3:08 pm

@crunkbabee
thanks alot..i ws looking fo such reply.can you help me by telling kinds of topic they want candidates to discuss??Like the other group in mgmnt round ..what they asked them.

Thnks!! :lol:
..Love Jeny.

99heyho
Regular
Regular

Post by 99heyho » Mon, 28 Jun 2010 4:01 pm

anybody starting training on 13 July?