Singapore Expats

Changing company while Im an s-pass holder

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
eightyseventhree

Post by eightyseventhree » Wed, 12 Nov 2008 7:48 am

yes Thanks :)
My local friends suggest me to consult to MOM, but I m afraid of the consequences,... there are confusing statements that contain the same meaning for three points in letter of appointment
but they way they treated me is just unfair, They did like they like and want but I cant.... yes, they gave me sponsorship, but at last there's mutual symbiosis between them and I... I made them money, and they gave me projects and place to work...

:cry: :(
it gunna be as experience for me, even though they've given me such bad reputation that I don't deserve it.... and I had plan B since months ago to apply PR, to secure myself but, apparently the cost is higher since I m already holding the s-pass...

thanks alot

renavatio

Post by renavatio » Wed, 03 Dec 2008 9:17 pm

I got similar question, I been on EP for past six months and my company haven't given me contract yet. The only thing I have signed is first three months probation and in there its clearly stated that only after confirmation I need give the other party three months time before quiting.

Now I am planning to leave this job but the company is threatening me that they will complain against me. And they say they will be even able to blackball me. Do you guys think its possible since I haven't signed any confirmation letter or contract?

jesse.armand

Post by jesse.armand » Mon, 08 Dec 2008 2:22 pm

renavatio wrote: The only thing I have signed is first three months probation and in there its clearly stated that only after confirmation I need give the other party three months time before quiting.
Confirmation of you quitting the job ?

I'm not sure what is the statement that you had signed.
Are you saying that you have 3 months period of notice before termination of employment ?

But the point is, whatever the company is doing, just refer to that statement.

Anyway, back to the original post, this topic will always came up from an employee. Just keep it in your mind that, by being an employee you will never have more advantage than your employer. No matter what you do, whether it's a very successful company / not :)

Even though probably you would be working in the best company of the world, that doesn't mean that you will be happy and free for the rest of your life. So just "deal" with it.

jgvaldes

Post by jgvaldes » Sun, 20 Jun 2010 12:18 am

Hi, I am working in SG for 9 months now, I was in a hurry to get a job when I got here in August 2009 so I went to an employment agency to help me find a job. Problem was, my agent told me the position is Marketing Exec and told me duties that to my shock is not the position I was actually hired for.. my Spass was already approved and issued (job title MKTG EXEC) to me when I realized I was fooled. (well during interview, my boss didn't speak to me bec he said he is not fluent in English) I complained to my Boss and to my agent, but this agent said I can just quit the job if i dont want to, but since I was told its difficult to apply Spass that time, I just continued working. after 3 months, they give me a contract to sign but when i read it, I did not like the terms so i did not sign, well, it wasn't a big deal for my boss because they stopped asking about my sign after few weeks. I was also told i will get the basic pay after 3 months, but after 4 months, my boss himself said that he never increase salary. I continued working but now, i tried applying for a job and luckily i got hired fast (apply yesterday, hired today) Now please help me answer these questions:

1. since i don't have letter of employment and did not sign any contract with my agency and current employer, is it ok to give 1 week (or less ) notice for my resignation? ( need to start training for new company)

2. How is the process? my superior told me, my new company should write to my current employer .. saying what? then what?

3. What if my current company don't allow me to resign?

4. What if my current company cancels my pass without my knowledge?

5. please help me understand this change employer process for S pass..

THANKS in ADVANCE!!!
Opportunities knock only once, but choose carefully which opportunities are worth opening the door for

mitlan
Regular
Regular

Post by mitlan » Sun, 20 Jun 2010 2:11 pm

1. since i don't have letter of employment and did not sign any contract with my agency and current employer, is it ok to give 1 week (or less ) notice for my resignation? ( need to start training for new company)

ans: it depends on how many months you have worked, according to M.O.M regulations. http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/non_version/ ... 176-000262

2. How is the process? my superior told me, my new company should write to my current employer .. saying what? then what?

ans: as long as your new company applies for your new s pass, why should the 2 communicate? your new employer will only need to talk to m.o.m with regards to your application of the new s pass and you have to resign from your current company.

3. What if my current company don't allow me to resign?

ans: i do not think they can reject your resignation, they may at most persuade you not to resign but i do not think they can force you to stay, unless you have some contractual terms to be fulfilled.

4. What if my current company cancels my pass without my knowledge?

ans: you will still be able to remain in singapore on social visit for another month. you do not need to leave singapore as long as your new s pass is approved before your social visit pass is due.

5. please help me understand this change employer process for S pass..

THANKS in ADVANCE!!![/quote]
Time has emerged as today's key commodity. People can now buy back time with EcoVerve!