Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
underdog

Post by underdog » Fri, 11 Jun 2010 6:43 pm

I am.. you started your training already?

flumpet

facebook group

Post by flumpet » Mon, 14 Jun 2010 11:47 pm

Hi guys. Once again, this is a shout out to all trainees starting on the 23rd of june. Do send me a PM to find out how to join the facebook group. We currently have 9 members, so we all are familiar with almost half our batch already.
We are very interested to know who the other half are :)

Hope to see you all soon!

tkelvin

Post by tkelvin » Wed, 16 Jun 2010 8:29 am

hi guys,
(for those who are/have started training, congrats!)

mind to share what are the do's and don'ts especially for the 1-1 interview and the management round? i got booted in the 1-1 interview before and am like darn dissapointed with myself for that.

also would you guys mind sharing how's the crowd for the ipoh walk in's like? still jam packed with people like the singapore and kl ones?

much thanks and regard,
kelvin :)

bb08

Post by bb08 » Wed, 16 Jun 2010 4:56 pm

hii

what are the chances of being recruited again if we have rejected them before? say 2 yrs back?

tkelvin

Post by tkelvin » Wed, 16 Jun 2010 5:10 pm

hi guys, 1 more questions,

anyone know what would be a proper way to answers the situational questions?

so far i know there's one about a customer ordering cappucino and eflll asleep, what do you do

a guy needing to go toilet badly but the plane is landing thus toilets are inaccessible

and the one about a guy that is sick and is asleep with headphones on, what would you do as the plane is landing and he needs to take them off or something

really appreciate your views here!

much thanks and regards,
kelvin

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 16 Jun 2010 11:08 pm

tkelvin wrote:hi guys, 1 more questions,

so far i know there's one about a customer ordering cappucino and eflll asleep, what do you do

a guy needing to go toilet badly but the plane is landing thus toilets are inaccessible

and the one about a guy that is sick and is asleep with headphones on, what would you do as the plane is landing and he needs to take them off or something

much thanks and regards,
kelvin
If you have to ask about how to answer situational questions then you have already demonstrated a lack of ability to handle the situations that the questions are designed to illuminate.

The entire point is to understand what YOU would do; that you would ask others suggests that you are not actually prepared for CC responsibilities.

flumpet

my opinion

Post by flumpet » Wed, 16 Jun 2010 11:17 pm

much thanks and regards,
kelvin
I sort of agree with the previous comment. However, what i would suggest is that you answer the question truthfully and not seek a model answer. You will be trained for such situations if you get selected. You should be more focused on the way you answer the question.

You should answer the question confidently, and speak clearly and eloquently. And most importantly, remember to smile. There's no point giving a superb answer while looking uninterested or too serious.

Smile! It works.

crunkbabee
Regular
Regular

Post by crunkbabee » Thu, 17 Jun 2010 10:40 am

New Interview dates are out, good luck for those who are trying!

Interviews will be conducted on 26 June 2010 (Saturday) at:

Grand Hyatt Singapore
Hibiscus Room
10 Scotts Road
Singapore 228211

flumpet

Interview Date

Post by flumpet » Thu, 17 Jun 2010 10:44 am

crunkbabee wrote:New Interview dates are out, good luck for those who are trying!

Grand Hyatt Singapore
Hibiscus Room
10 Scotts Road
Singapore 228211
Thanks for the heads up :)

crunkbabee
Regular
Regular

Post by crunkbabee » Thu, 17 Jun 2010 10:47 am

much thanks and regards,
kelvin
hi kelvin, during my 1 to 1 i realise that the proper way to answering these questions is to put the passenger's interest and ensure a standard of service at all time. this is crucial as it portrays how ideal you are in handling situations that contributes to being a good cabin crew.

for example, if you've made cappuccino and the passenger is asleep, its only right that you don't leave it there because 1) it might spill 2)it wouldnt be as refreshing as its supposed to be. so what you should do is to take it back in, do your duty and constantly check on the passenger whtr he/she is awake and offer to make another one the moment he/she wakes up. just relax and analyse the question but of course, dont take tooo longgg.

just my two cents worth, hope it helps :))

Post by 100 » Thu, 17 Jun 2010 3:25 pm

crunkbabee wrote:

much thanks and regards,
kelvin
hi kelvin, during my 1 to 1 i realise that the proper way to answering these questions is to put the passenger's interest and ensure a standard of service at all time. this is crucial as it portrays how ideal you are in handling situations that contributes to being a good cabin crew.

for example, if you've made cappuccino and the passenger is asleep, its only right that you don't leave it there because 1) it might spill 2)it wouldnt be as refreshing as its supposed to be. so what you should do is to take it back in, do your duty and constantly check on the passenger whtr he/she is awake and offer to make another one the moment he/she wakes up. just relax and analyse the question but of course, dont take tooo longgg.

just my two cents worth, hope it helps :))
crunkbabee, i m glad on behalf of tkelvin that u r helpful..

tkelvin

Post by tkelvin » Thu, 17 Jun 2010 10:32 pm

Strong eagle: I would try to defend myself (actually i was typing it out) but i must admit you have your point and it did struck a chord in my mind, so i must thank you for that.

flumpet: Thanks man, will take the tips heads up. :) Hope I can train myself up to be a person of SIA's criteria's caliber.

crunkbabee: indeed much thanks for the advice! appreciate the help alot, and especially appreciate your insight and explanation in the question!

All in all i appreciate your time and effort in answering my questions, much thanks once again!

derenla

Post by derenla » Fri, 18 Jun 2010 11:12 am

crunkbabee wrote:New Interview dates are out, good luck for those who are trying!

Grand Hyatt Singapore
Hibiscus Room
10 Scotts Road
Singapore 228211

that's really fast. no time to prepare!

flumpet

Cabin Crew Interview

Post by flumpet » Fri, 18 Jun 2010 11:21 am

derenla wrote:

Grand Hyatt Singapore
Hibiscus Room
10 Scotts Road
Singapore 228211

that's really fast. no time to prepare!
I have a feeling this would be the last interview for 2010. The reason is that during my last interview on 8th May, I had a friend who got through the interview, but was told to go home because she was only available after September.
Therefore, I think for those of you who are going to try, you should really do your best because you will not know when the next interview will be, if there is one in the first place.

Good Luck!

derenla

Post by derenla » Fri, 18 Jun 2010 1:44 pm

flumpet: got through the interview but told to go home meaning she passed the medical everything? or just the first few rounds?

anyway if i am only able to start in sept is it okay to go the this upcoming interview? thanks! :D