Singapore Expats

Dependent Pass Validity after Name Change due to Marriage

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Dependent Pass Validity after Name Change due to Marriage

Post by FaeLLe » Mon, 14 Jun 2010 6:26 pm

My wife is currently in Singapore on a dependent pass under my Employment Pass type P2.
Her name previously was different (maiden name) and traveled to Singapore and got her Dependent Pass issued under her maiden name.

She has recently changed her maiden name to adopt my surname.
With regards to this she has been issued a new passport reflecting this new name . Her name on the Dependent Pass is still her maiden name.

My query is whether she can still travel out and return back to Singapore using her current Dependent Pass.

Her new passport clearly indicates details of the old passport and has an endorsement to show the details of the old passport (with her maiden name).

Can someone please clarify my query on whether she would need to get a new Dependent Pass issued to travel in and out of Singapore.

The thing is she needs to travel by Thursday early morning due to emergency reasons.

What about the formality for getting issued a new DP? Would it have to be through my company?

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Tue, 15 Jun 2010 12:21 am

They will allow you to travel and come back, but you must inform them asap, the computer can be updated. You will probably come in on a short term vistors visa until the new depandant pass is finished, which takes a month or 6 weeks max. The dependants pass is invalidated because of the changes, which you could have warned them about.
Though waste no time in informing them, that you are flying out Thursday. Could be a problem if you just leave it until you return, when its common sense, that you should have informed them before the event and not after it. Rules, stick to them! Don't panick, there will be no problem at all in cases of emergancy, she will be allowed in!

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by FaeLLe » Tue, 15 Jun 2010 10:53 am

Who should I inform and how?
Can I walk up to EPSC?

I sent them a fax with all documentation and same query np response yet though.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Wed, 16 Jun 2010 12:30 am

FaeLLe wrote:Who should I inform and how?
Can I walk up to EPSC?

I sent them a fax with all documentation and same query np response yet though.
You need to inform the people who issued the dependant pass, either ICA or MOM depends if you got work pass and dependant pass at the same time. ICA used to deal with dependant pass, then it was handed over to MOM.
Depends when you arrived.

Though you should ring MOM and ask

http://www.mom.gov.sg/publish/momportal ... asses.html. Though ICA will also want details of the passport changes www.ica.gov.sg