Singapore Expats

Oath Taking > Singapore HK SAR & British.

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
screamer

Oath Taking > Singapore HK SAR & British.

Post by screamer » Fri, 11 Jun 2010 8:27 pm

Hello, I've tried to search for exact cases like mine but somehow I can't find solutions.

Apparently, I've just turned 21 years old. I was born in Hong Kong and went to Singapore when I was 5. I do hold a HK ID with a status of ***AZ, though I am not very sure if this means that I am holding a Hong Kong SAR Citizenship?

However, I do not possess any HKSAR passport. And I have actually returned to Hong Kong just a year ago to study Uni in Hong Kong.

Since I've turned 21 years, I've received my Oath Taking reminder which requires me to produce proof of not having British Citizenship & Hong Kong SAR citizenship.

I want to retain my Singapore Citizenship and have an abode to reside in Hong Kong so I can study University in Hong Kong.

Does anyone have any suggestions or experiences you have that you can share? Any suggestions would be so much of help to me. Thank you.

Koalabear
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Oath Taking > Singapore HK SAR & British.

Post by Koalabear » Sun, 13 Jun 2010 10:22 am

screamer wrote:Hello, I've tried to search for exact cases like mine but somehow I can't find solutions.

Apparently, I've just turned 21 years old. I was born in Hong Kong and went to Singapore when I was 5. I do hold a HK ID with a status of ***AZ, though I am not very sure if this means that I am holding a Hong Kong SAR Citizenship?

However, I do not possess any HKSAR passport. And I have actually returned to Hong Kong just a year ago to study Uni in Hong Kong.

Since I've turned 21 years, I've received my Oath Taking reminder which requires me to produce proof of not having British Citizenship & Hong Kong SAR citizenship.

I want to retain my Singapore Citizenship and have an abode to reside in Hong Kong so I can study University in Hong Kong.

Does anyone have any suggestions or experiences you have that you can share? Any suggestions would be so much of help to me. Thank you.
You are really lucky to have a right of abode in Hong Kong. Can you still get passport later?

screamer

Re: Oath Taking > Singapore HK SAR & British.

Post by screamer » Mon, 14 Jun 2010 5:14 pm

Koalabear wrote:
screamer wrote:Hello, I've tried to search for exact cases like mine but somehow I can't find solutions.

You are really lucky to have a right of abode in Hong Kong. Can you still get passport later?
I think I still can get. But what actually is confusing me is the HKSAR Citizenship since HK is not an independent nation. And does actually the ***AZ on my HKID refers to me being a "HKSAR Citizen" or a "Chinese Citizen". And I don't have a HKSAR Passport as well.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Sat, 19 Jun 2010 12:12 pm

So check with those that issued the HKID!