Singapore Expats

can you complete 3 reservist cycles in 2 months?

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
Koalabear
Chatter
Chatter

can you complete 3 reservist cycles in 2 months?

Post by Koalabear » Wed, 09 Jun 2010 5:57 am

I wanted to ask MS in private but I think that such a question may benefit all Singaporeans overseas who may renounce citizenship in the future.

Since one has to complete three reservist cycles, can one request a crash reservist programme to fulfill his obligation?

Has anyone managed to skip reservice totally by staying overseas until they are 40?

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Re: can you complete 3 reservist cycles in 2 months?

Post by Mad Scientist » Wed, 09 Jun 2010 6:24 am

deleted
Last edited by Mad Scientist on Wed, 20 Oct 2010 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

Koalabear
Chatter
Chatter

Re: can you complete 3 reservist cycles in 2 months?

Post by Koalabear » Wed, 09 Jun 2010 12:10 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:
Koalabear wrote:I wanted to ask MS in private but I think that such a question may benefit all Singaporeans overseas who may renounce citizenship in the future.

Since one has to complete three reservist cycles, can one request a crash reservist programme to fulfill his obligation?

It depends on where you are posted to. If you are in the unit, NO. If you are in the Battalion Holding Strength, NO. If you are in Brigade or Division , Yes.
If you are outposted to CPC, depends.
Your chances of crash course depends very much on your rank, vocation and PES. The lower your rank , NO. The higher your vocation , NO. The higher your Pes , NO.

Has anyone managed to skip reservice totally by staying overseas until they are 40?
Yes, but I am not at liberty to inform this as I am an Officer under Oath although I am no more in the Army Corp. It will be unbecoming of an Officer. Please do not ask or PM me on this as I am not going to reveal any details on this issue. There are things is best to be left unsaid.
thank you for your answer
Last edited by Koalabear on Wed, 09 Jun 2010 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Wed, 09 Jun 2010 5:17 pm

deleted
Last edited by Mad Scientist on Wed, 20 Oct 2010 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

Koalabear
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Koalabear » Wed, 09 Jun 2010 10:46 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:
Koalabear wrote:
thank you for your very intelligent answer. I assume you are saying "ok, tonnes of people have done it but I can't say it or else everyone starts to do it and when gahmen checks, its my fault for spreading the news"

Don't have to reply to this, just asking because apparently one of my friend's dad is already 50+ and he told me he had never been called back as long as he camps overseas. He was just a corporal though so I thought that was a major factor.
KB

What kind of rubbish is this ?':x'
How do you mean "very intelligent answer" ? Hmmmm???????
Only an idjit will assume such things. Which part of my reply are you not comprehending OR my sentence are so simple that you have to put a magnifying glass and read between the lines.

Get real will you. When I was in the army either you were not born or still in diapers. What your dad's friend done is none of my concern?
I REALLY DO NOT CARE !!!!!!!!.
I do not bite the hands that feed me i.e SG Gahmen. Yes, some of the policies, I may not come to an agreement BUT if the things we discuss in the public forum if it is DETRIMENTAL to A STATE OR A NATION Security, IT IS OFF LIMIT, Capsice !!!!

This is not about trying to "siam" or run away from reservist training :x
How one gets away from not coming back for reservist depends on several factors which I am not going to TELL YOU BECAUSE THEY HAVE TIGHTEN UP THE LOOPHOLES since 2008.
By answering your reply will lead to many complication and may lead to this PUBLIC FORUM being shutdown which I do not want this to happen because of your inconsiderate , off the cuff, no-brain question.
This forum does many good things but your question may lead to its demise.
There are things that is best left unsaid. Why can't you just understand this ? A number of times , I told you in more subtle way to mind what you said in the forum but you keep on coming back on this "reservist" issue which you are trying to run away and other stuff which is very sensitive. Am I spot on, on your worries?
We have correspond thru to open discussion and privately as such you should know where I am coming from.What has been discuss privately will remain private and you can have my word on it but what been discuss in the open has to be within certain guidelines and wary of what it might implicate others. Why can't you see and understand this ?
I am angry and totally upset of your reply.
Woah, I didn't expect you to be so upset. Sorry about that. I totally understand your goodwill.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 09 Jun 2010 11:13 pm

Koalabear,

Just to let you know, even I initially had the same reaction to your previous post as MS did. Considering the sources and networks he taps into here, in order to find out the information he gives out, I thought your reply was a bit off-putting as well. And I'm infamous for puttin' me own foot in me mouth quite often with the "wrong" choice of words! :oops:

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers