Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
kensan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kensan » Fri, 04 Jun 2010 2:28 pm

8-)
Last edited by kensan on Tue, 17 Aug 2010 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kensan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kensan » Sat, 05 Jun 2010 10:24 am

8-)
Last edited by kensan on Tue, 17 Aug 2010 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sasa05_
Regular
Regular

Post by sasa05_ » Sat, 05 Jun 2010 8:49 pm

Anyone has appt in Sept/early Oct with Dr Nara?
I had booked appts in Nov but they require a desposit of 2k baht.
I was thinking if anyone here's going in Sept/early Oct, perhaps can help me pass the 2k over to Dr Nara so I wont need to do a overseas TT as there'll be a charge for overseas TT?

Anyone? :)

rin777

Post by rin777 » Sat, 05 Jun 2010 11:20 pm

hey does anyone know if dr nara does lipo on the whole thigh

or he charges 10k baht per area

and inner thigh considered 1 area, outer thigh considered 1 area

janesimnila

Post by janesimnila » Mon, 07 Jun 2010 10:34 pm

hi i've booked an appt on the 31st of july with Dr Nara. Any ladies going around that time? so maybe we could give each other some moral support :)

Velique

Post by Velique » Tue, 08 Jun 2010 1:10 am

ats_syd wrote:
cotton wrote: I would like to know how much does Nara charge.

Keen to do all these @ one go
1) buccal fat or cheek lipo (what is the different)?

2) Thigh liposuction

3) I have a big nose and really have headache correcting it. This is what my nose looks like: http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/1320/nosem.jpg

I have receive a quote from a doc in Bangkok. Price is US$$3700 !!!. I find it so Xpensive compare to you guys have been doing.

I was advised with:

Refinement Rhinoplasty: the Tip plasty +L shape silicone implant+Alar plasty the cost is $3700 usd with one night
Hi Cotton,

My advice for you is don't do it in Hatyai, not because the doctors are no good, it's because they all do simple implant jobs which will work for someone who wants to augment the bridge higher, it won't do any help for your case. I had a nose similar to you and I went to Nara 2 years ago, what he did was simply add an L implant on top of what I've got there, it actually made my nose even bigger . What I needed was tip refinement and alarplasty , it means taking off some cartilage around the tip and the bridge, shaving off some bones etc ... the combinations are more complicated jobs ,which mean more expensive surgical fees. I had a revision to correct my first nose jon done by nara ,the impant taken off and all the works , which cost $4500 and got a prefert job done in a excellent facility and an excellent doctor.

Dr.Nara is an excellent choice if your original nose is flat,no bridge and NOT too fleshy around the tip , and only requires a simple augmentation job, because the L- implant will raise the bridge . But unfortunately not all of us can look good with a simple procedure.

Nose job is something you should get it right the first time, any re
vision will get more risky and surgical fees are much higher too.

So choose a doctor who can deliver what you want instead of going with a doctor who only do his way but not necessarily suits you,
hey ats, i did my rhino and alar 2 months back and i agree with what you said. I'm not sure if my nose's tip still swollen from the op since it's only 2months. Can i know where did you get your revised rhino at? 4.5k is pretty cheap for a revised rhinoplasty plus tiplasty i reckoned since dr nara don't offer tiplasty.

This is my nose's sideview.

terrie35
Chatter
Chatter

Post by terrie35 » Thu, 10 Jun 2010 5:12 pm

i thought i read somewhere that asians can tolerate silicone. But i have been reading that people want revisions. Anyone come across someone who has silicone for years with no problem and no revision?

ticklemepink

Post by ticklemepink » Fri, 11 Jun 2010 11:11 am

i booked an appt with Dr Chi (Hat Yai) for nx month. but i have no idea where his clinic is... any1 been there before?
~who says beauty is skin deep? that person ought to be shot~

Annakilly

Revision Rhinoplasty & Forehead Augmentation

Post by Annakilly » Sat, 12 Jun 2010 4:35 am

Hi guys,
If you guys had followed the forum, you would know that I have previously had 2 nose jobs. Once in Mount Elizabeth Hospital with Dr Yeap and the second rhinoplasty with Dr. Pat from Tokai.

I decided to go to Dr Chiyarut for my 2nd revision rhinoplasty and Forehead augmentation. Below I will list the details of all my surgeries and hopefully you will be able to gain from my experience.

1st Rhinoplasty 2006: Dr Yeap Mount Elizabeth Hospital Singapore
The 1st rhinoplasty by Dr Yeap in Mount Elizabeth was performed quite badly in my opinion. The nose he gave me was very straight from the bridge to the tip, there was no curve at all making it look very unnatural. The nose bridge was way too high and because he just gave me a simple augmentation using an L shaped silicone, it made my tip look really bulbous. I paid close to 3k for this operation and its really not worth the money.

2nd Rhinoplasty 2008: Dr Pat Tokai Clinic Bangkok
I decided to go for revision Rhinoplasty with Dr Pat from Tokai 2 years later. This time specifically asking for a lower nose bridge and a smaller & sharper tip and more of a natural nose curve. Dr Pat from Tokai listened and gave me a lower nose bridge and smaller tip, however, he made my tip too sharp and high and didn‘t manage to give me the natural nose curve I wanted, again my nose was straight from the bridge down. (I realized after reading lots of stories from fellow forumners that he likes to make the tip too high). He used the silicone and pushed my tip to its limit, making the skin at the tip very thin. At first the nose looked nice and was alright, however over time I realized the skin at my nose tip was getting thinner and thinner. My nose was too high and too sharp for its own good.

I went to consult several plastic surgeons in Singapore and they told me that I had to remove the sillicone implant, as in 6 months to a year there would be extrusion. Many of them quoting me prices way over $4k for revision again.
Honestly speaking, I was very tired of having to go for surgery over and over again as the recovery and swelling is very tedious and depressing. Its painful and lonely and not fun at all. I was very depressed and had no choice but to remove the implant. Knowing I could get a revision for less than $1k in Thailand, I decided to send photos of my nose to several clinics in Thailand and decided on Dr Chiyarut from Hatyai. (Mainly so as Dr Putt was reluctant to work on my nose and Dr Nara was completely booked)

3rd Rhinoplasty 2010: Dr Chiyarut Phi Beauty Hatyai
I arrived in Hatyai on the 4th of June and consulted Dr Chi at his clinic in the afternoon. He told me that there was no way that my nose could be fixed by replacing my current silicone implant with a simple L shaped silicone.
He recommended using my dermis skin to cover a new L shaped silicone implant and replacing the old one as my previous silicone implant had stretched my skin too thin. I was very hesitant at first as I’ve never heard of using skin and silicone to augment noses but he told me that was the only way to go, so I guess I didn’t have much of a choice. I was very reluctant to use my dermis skin as I thought that would make my nose more bulbous, however he advised me that it wouldn’t. I listened to him and allowed him to take some dermis skin from under my buttocks, it will leave abit of a scar, but that didn’t bother me.

Rhinoplasty Post-op Day 8

It is 8 days post operation now and I couldn’t be happier with my nose. For once in my life I have a nice natural curve from my bridge to my tip, my bridge isn’t too high or low and my tip isn’t big and bulbous and my nose isn’t hard. It is completely soft and I cannot feel the silicone at all. I would take and post photos, but my forehead augmentation is causing so much swelling I shan’t scare you guys, but I do promise photos once the swelling from the forehead augmentation goes down. (You will be able to see photos of my second rhinoplasty with Dr Pat if you look through my previous posts.)

Forehead Augmentation 2010: Dr Chiyarut Phi Beauty Hatyai

In addition to revision rhinoplasty, I decided to get silicone forehead Augmentation Surgery as well to compliment my new nose. I’ve been through cheek implants, buccal fat pad removal and 2 nose jobs, but forehead augmentation has to be the most painful and worst operation I’ve encountered.
It is now Day 4 after my forehead augmentation and the swelling is really bad. Prior to this post, I’ve not encountered another forumner who has shared their experience on forehead augmentation thus I will write a detailed daily diary here on the progress of my forehead augmentation. Mainly because its very hard to find information on recovery of forehead augmentation on the internet as well.

Forehead Augmentation Recovery

Surgery Day:
Dr Chi carved the implant and knocked me out with GA. After the surgery, I woke up with smelly and knotted hair covered in blood. I was told not to wash my hair till 2 days after the operation, but I couldn’t take it. I washed it carefully and blow dried my hair so as to not leave the incisions wet as soon as I got back to the hotel (Dr Chi‘s kind nurses took me back to the hotel by her scooter). I couldn’t go to bed with dried blood in my hair, it was too uncomfortable. Dr Chi made about a 5cm incision in my scalp which is covered by my hair and stitched it up with dissolvable sutures.
I went to bed at around 10pm and woke up at 1am with immense pain in my head, I took 2 Tylenol tablets to try to ease the pain but it didn’t work. I ended up vomiting all of my dinner and medicine out in the end. I felt so horrible I had to call Dr Chi in the end, he came over to my hotel with his girlfriend without hesitation at 3am and injected me with local anesthesia and drugs that made me stop vomiting. The pain stopped after the injection and I fell asleep immediately after he left.

Day 1 post op:
The swelling got really bad on day 1, I looked like a luohan fish and there was a big bulge on my forehead. To make things worse, my eyes started to swell as well and I could feel hot fluid accumulating around my eyes. I was really worried as I wasn’t prepared for any of this. First the pain and now the swelling. I stayed in bed the whole day, rested and iced my forehead, hoping that it would go down on the second day.

Day 2 Post Op:
The swelling got worse on day 2 post op. I woke up not being able to open my eyes at all, and I got the shock of my life when I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked like a freak, my usually normal looking eyes were non existant. I couldn’t open my eyes properly and the swelling had moved from my forehead to my eyes to my under eyes now! The upper half of my face was swollen real badly and trust me I’m not exaggerating. I really regretted not doing fat transfer to my forehead instead.

Day 3 Post Op:
I wasn’t feeling any better waking up on day 3. The swelling moved down to my cheeks and I looked as if I had jaw surgery as well. The swelling still remains from forehead to my cheeks. I am still continuing to ice my face, hoping that everything will go down by tomorrow. By the way, I still get occasionaly headaches I presume it is caused by the pressure of the forehead implants and the swelling.

I will update you guys soon on the outcome of the surgeries, hope this post has helped

venven81

Re: Revision Rhinoplasty & Forehead Augmentation

Post by venven81 » Sat, 12 Jun 2010 4:37 pm

Hi Annakilly, Can i know where you had your cheek surgery done ? i was thinking of making my cheek look higher. How long does it take to recover from that ?

hollycherry

Post by hollycherry » Sat, 12 Jun 2010 5:09 pm

hi guys,

after reading through all the pages in this forum. i made an appointment with Dr. Nara. did the surgery on the 7th June and now I am back! :)

today is the 5th day of my post-op and I am very very pleased with my results and recovery.

did breast augmentation (mammoplasty), nose implant (rhinoplasty) and upper eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) <- finally spelt that right at the first go.

for people who are considering which surgeon to go to, i highly recommend Dr. Nara.

but please note he is a high advocate for the outcome of result being natural. I didn't get to choose what I want - breast size, shape of nose, height of nose bridge.

i just trusted my face and boobs into his hands.

just want to thank everyone who had shared their reviews and experience here.

very excited to see the final results.

(remember, sinecch, vit c, loads of rest, fruits and water are utterly essential!!)

Annakilly

Post by Annakilly » Sat, 12 Jun 2010 7:44 pm

venven81 wrote:Hi Annakilly, Can i know where you had your cheek surgery done ? i was thinking of making my cheek look higher. How long does it take to recover from that ?
Hello venven81,

I had my cheek augmentation surgery at Tokai by Doctor Pat. He did a wonderful job for my cheek augmentation :) It took me about 2.5 weeks to look relatively normal to go out, telling people i had wisdom teeth extraction. I have to say swelling for cheek augmentation is quite severe, do take note. I did not take sinecch for the cheek augmentation and i did it alongside buccal fat pad removal, thus maybe the main cause behind such long recovery.

mint_leaf
Regular
Regular

Post by mint_leaf » Sat, 12 Jun 2010 10:31 pm

Hi Hollycherry,

How much did u spent on yr breast implants ? Whats the downtime/ recovery period to resume yr normal activities ? How many days of rest b4 flying back to SG ? From what size to what ?

Sorry, lots of questions to ask :lol:

venven81

Post by venven81 » Mon, 14 Jun 2010 12:44 pm

Annakilly wrote:
venven81 wrote:Hi Annakilly, Can i know where you had your cheek surgery done ? i was thinking of making my cheek look higher. How long does it take to recover from that ?
Hello venven81,

I had my cheek augmentation surgery at Tokai by Doctor Pat. He did a wonderful job for my cheek augmentation :) It took me about 2.5 weeks to look relatively normal to go out, telling people i had wisdom teeth extraction. I have to say swelling for cheek augmentation is quite severe, do take note. I did not take sinecch for the cheek augmentation and i did it alongside buccal fat pad removal, thus maybe the main cause behind such long recovery.

Hi , Thanks 4 the reply. Might consider doing it after my rhinoplastry fully recover. I just had my rhinoplastry with dr nara abt 2 weeks ago.Swelling went of but thinkng of doing a revise rhino to make my nose look higher.it look natural now but not high enough i feel...

venven81

Post by venven81 » Mon, 14 Jun 2010 12:46 pm

hollycherry wrote:hi guys,

after reading through all the pages in this forum. i made an appointment with Dr. Nara. did the surgery on the 7th June and now I am back! :)

today is the 5th day of my post-op and I am very very pleased with my results and recovery.

did breast augmentation (mammoplasty), nose implant (rhinoplasty) and upper eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) <- finally spelt that right at the first go.

for people who are considering which surgeon to go to, i highly recommend Dr. Nara.

but please note he is a high advocate for the outcome of result being natural. I didn't get to choose what I want - breast size, shape of nose, height of nose bridge.

i just trusted my face and boobs into his hands.

just want to thank everyone who had shared their reviews and experience here.

very excited to see the final results.

(remember, sinecch, vit c, loads of rest, fruits and water are utterly essential!!)
Hi , Will you be removing the thread from rhinoplastry ? I also did my nose with dr nara for about 2 weeks , but the thread is still inside. Have yet to disolve . Was thinking should i remove it ?