Singapore Expats

Coconut Water

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
kimora
Regular
Regular

Coconut Water

Post by kimora » Tue, 25 May 2010 2:42 pm

does anyone know or purchase packaged coconut water? or know where i can find some?

missis
Chatter
Chatter

Post by missis » Tue, 25 May 2010 2:43 pm

Can buy ready-to-drink fresh coconuts in Cold Storage and some food courts.

kimora
Regular
Regular

Post by kimora » Sun, 30 May 2010 10:48 pm

I was thinking bottled/can/tetrapak you can carry around or take with you.

tartling

Post by tartling » Tue, 01 Jun 2010 3:00 am

I've only seen them sold in cans here. Have you tried looking in supermarkets? I've bought them from Cold Storage before and I assume the other supermarkets carry them as well. They're labelled as "coconut juice" so try asking for that instead. I still find fresh out of a husk and into your own bottle much better though.

kimora
Regular
Regular

Post by kimora » Tue, 01 Jun 2010 8:35 am

tartling wrote:I've only seen them sold in cans here. Have you tried looking in supermarkets? I've bought them from Cold Storage before and I assume the other supermarkets carry them as well. They're labelled as "coconut juice" so try asking for that instead. I still find fresh out of a husk and into your own bottle much better though.

the drinks you're referring to are infused with sucrose and preservatives, coconut water isn't the same as coconut nectar or juice. and of course the type i am looking for sold in the UK and USA are a totally different thing...the closest to is the husk but that is not easy to carry around.

tartling

Post by tartling » Tue, 01 Jun 2010 6:43 pm

Nope I've definitely bought sugar- and preservative-free canned coconut water/juice from cold storage (the one at jelita) before. They're from the same company that does the sugared crap but this one is specifically labelled as "sugar-free". I'll try to get a photo of the drink later tonight when I do my grocery shopping.

And what I was suggesting you buy these fresh coconuts, bring them home, have fun figuring out how to crack them open without making a mess, and pouring the fresh water into one of your own bottles.

kimora
Regular
Regular

Post by kimora » Wed, 02 Jun 2010 3:24 pm

tartling wrote:Nope I've definitely bought sugar- and preservative-free canned coconut water/juice from cold storage (the one at jelita) before. They're from the same company that does the sugared crap but this one is specifically labelled as "sugar-free". I'll try to get a photo of the drink later tonight when I do my grocery shopping.

And what I was suggesting you buy these fresh coconuts, bring them home, have fun figuring out how to crack them open without making a mess, and pouring the fresh water into one of your own bottles.
i've done that except it is not easy and honestly quite dangerous with a kitchen knive, carving a coconut. today i had one at Tanglin Mall, fresh cut for $3, i tried drinking most of it but it was a lot !! :shock:

if you could tell me the name of the brand in Jelita CS, i'd be very grateful as most coconut drinks i've seen are all full of sugar and preservatives.

tartling

Post by tartling » Wed, 02 Jun 2010 11:05 pm

Ah, that's where the men come in for the dirty work! Anyhow, it's from "Wong Coco" but I've managed to completely miss the logo on this one (red oval with white lettering btw):

Ingredients listed are 97% coconut juice, 3% pulp.

Just realised, though, that it's not explicitly advertised as preservative-free but these days I just bring an empty bottle with me to the juice bar and have them fill it up. If I play nice, they even bother with carving the pulp out for me!

tartling

Post by tartling » Wed, 02 Jun 2010 11:05 pm

Woah! Sorry about the size of those!

kimora
Regular
Regular

Post by kimora » Sat, 05 Jun 2010 5:40 pm

No, thank you for posting this info, will definitely look for it at Coldstorage Jelita. Thanks again seriously !!!! :lol: :D