Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
bananayogurt

Post by bananayogurt » Mon, 31 May 2010 11:33 pm

defunct wrote:hey runningear..
don't worry. let's hope and pray they'll call. I waited for about 2mths and still waiting for further details. =)
omg defunct! u waited for 2 mths, without any promises from SIA?? it's alr damn torturing waited for 3 weeks!

defunct

Post by defunct » Mon, 31 May 2010 11:46 pm

bananayogurt wrote:
defunct wrote:hey runningear..
don't worry. let's hope and pray they'll call. I waited for about 2mths and still waiting for further details. =)
omg defunct! u waited for 2 mths, without any promises from SIA?? it's alr damn torturing waited for 3 weeks!
=)
Mary said to wait for her call...wonder when...?
anyone else trainin on 14th June?...any updates? =)

roxysquare88

Post by roxysquare88 » Tue, 01 Jun 2010 2:03 am

bananayogurt, i can't reply u cos i am not senior enough in this forum leh :-|
Last edited by roxysquare88 on Tue, 01 Jun 2010 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

runninggear

Post by runninggear » Tue, 01 Jun 2010 8:42 am

99heyho, we should keep in touch with each other! haha

Btw, 2 weeks ago i sent an email to [email protected] to postpone my availability date. I wonder if they saw tt mail coz I did not recieve any acknowledge from them..*worried*

99heyho
Regular
Regular

Post by 99heyho » Tue, 01 Jun 2010 10:36 am

Btw, they already started opening up July training dates..anybody has 13 July?

roxysquare88

Post by roxysquare88 » Tue, 01 Jun 2010 11:15 am

same as artsan, we have just received the call fr HR to start on 28 Jun! Yipee~ Finally I can have good night sleep.

runninggear

Post by runninggear » Tue, 01 Jun 2010 1:55 pm

99heyho & bananayogurt,
i've reply ur pm... (:

artsan
Regular
Regular

Post by artsan » Tue, 01 Jun 2010 2:45 pm

roxysquare88 wrote:same as artsan, we have just received the call fr HR to start on 28 Jun! Yipee~ Finally I can have good night sleep.
I'm so friggin' elated earlier that I forgot to post here. Drats, roxysquare88!!! We're batchies, can't believe it.

Okay, so Mary said the snail mail (containing the contract) will be sent within 2 weeks (so long?) And the email (containing the surety forms and whatnots) will be sent nearing the training date.

I'm hoping the snail mail comes by end of this week. Can't wait to smell the letterheads, woohoo!

CabinCrewKristine

Post by CabinCrewKristine » Wed, 02 Jun 2010 11:21 am

artsan wrote:
roxysquare88 wrote:same as artsan, we have just received the call fr HR to start on 28 Jun! Yipee~ Finally I can have good night sleep.
I'm so friggin' elated earlier that I forgot to post here. Drats, roxysquare88!!! We're batchies, can't believe it.

Okay, so Mary said the snail mail (containing the contract) will be sent within 2 weeks (so long?) And the email (containing the surety forms and whatnots) will be sent nearing the training date.

I'm hoping the snail mail comes by end of this week. Can't wait to smell the letterheads, woohoo!
haha, congratulations ^^

The mail will arrive in a silver package...

I guess sometimes the wait is so long.. it just makes everything so much more relief and excited when you hear the news from her...

But then again.. for those waiting.. its kind of a torture...

Sometimes, the time they took to call depends on you "date available" you put in your application form. The sooner you put, the first batch they will call...

so.. if you put 3 months and din receive any rejection letter within 3 weeks or so... you should be pretty safe and wait for their call 1 or 2 months down..

Congratulations again and.. hee... enjoy your training... ^^
Tons of Cabin Crew Tips - http://siacabincrew.wordpress.com

artsan
Regular
Regular

Post by artsan » Wed, 02 Jun 2010 3:12 pm

CabinCrewKristine wrote:haha, congratulations ^^

The mail will arrive in a silver package...

I guess sometimes the wait is so long.. it just makes everything so much more relief and excited when you hear the news from her...

But then again.. for those waiting.. its kind of a torture...

Sometimes, the time they took to call depends on you "date available" you put in your application form. The sooner you put, the first batch they will call...

so.. if you put 3 months and din receive any rejection letter within 3 weeks or so... you should be pretty safe and wait for their call 1 or 2 months down..

Congratulations again and.. hee... enjoy your training... ^^
Kristine!!! So glad you're here, you know I failed my interview in December on first attempt due to lack of preparation. Before my second try in May I read up your manuals (courtesy of you, of course) and aced it. Love you much. ;)

Wish me luck for my training, haha!

Gnip
Regular
Regular

hey and congrats to all who made it!

Post by Gnip » Wed, 02 Jun 2010 8:38 pm

hello! anyone have any inkling on when the next interview might be? :)
Helloo! (:

flumpet

Re: hey and congrats to all who made it!

Post by flumpet » Wed, 02 Jun 2010 8:42 pm

Gnip wrote:hello! anyone have any inkling on when the next interview might be? :)
Judging from the previous interviews, it should be around 2 months after the last interview.

Probably in july? I think they will be conducting training session till september. Because i know someone who made it through the last interview but got rejected because she was only available after september.

Spiky

Post by Spiky » Thu, 03 Jun 2010 12:17 am

runninggear wrote:99heyho, we should keep in touch with each other! haha

Btw, 2 weeks ago i sent an email to [email protected] to postpone my availability date. I wonder if they saw tt mail coz I did not recieve any acknowledge from them..*worried*

Hi runninggear, i understand that your initial availability date is july but you are planning to push it to august i guess?

Anyway just to share, my availability date is August, went for the 8th of may interview and the 10th of may medical check up... till date no news whatsoever... patiently waiting...

Regards

runninggear

Post by runninggear » Thu, 03 Jun 2010 11:56 am

Hi Spiky, I pushed back from 17th to 22nd July coz I'll be away from Sg.. I went for d 8th May Interview too.. Still waiting.. Do u think we are in already? It's been 3 weeks ):

artsan
Regular
Regular

Post by artsan » Thu, 03 Jun 2010 12:11 pm

runninggear wrote:Hi Spiky, I pushed back from 17th to 22nd July coz I'll be away from Sg.. I went for d 8th May Interview too.. Still waiting.. Do u think we are in already? It's been 3 weeks ):
Girl ah, you confirm in already lah. You didn't even get called up for further med checks right, if I remembered correctly? If you don't get any "bad news" by end of Friday, you are safe, trust me. I think HR's just sorting the training dates depending on candidate's availability.