Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
overcome1

Post by overcome1 » Sun, 30 May 2010 12:17 am

changeinme wrote:
lushes wrote:[quote="changeinme]

Thanks changeinme for ur advice and and knowledge..Unfortunately for me my epi scar is different from yours , its way deeper :( , and it didnt improve a single bit :( .. I couldnt care bout the scarring less , cuz theres always laser but its the epi fold that nara cut on me im worried about .... its totally uneven and whats worst its unrevisional ? My left eye was cut way too deep , the epi was way too sharp at the edge while my right one lost the Z shape and was oval .. but i quite like it that way ... i couldnt help feeling sad for myself . Went to the doctor just now , he said that my scar is deep too ... ask me to pray hard this few weeks that it might heal , or i have to go to a plastic surgeon again :( Looking back I really missed my eyes now ...and christmas is coming
Looks like we're in the same boat. I am thinking of going to Taiwan or Korea for revision in 6 months if my eye shape doesn't change or improve. Yea you can't get the epicanthal fold back but epicanthoplasty can be revised afterall its kinda like pulling your skin in different directions to modify the inner corner of the eye. I've researched a lot since I went through the same situation with the epi. I think Nara's epi skills are either a hit or miss. I haven't heard anyone who's satisfied with the epi at this stage. Trust me my epi scars was the exact same as yours. I can see the Z-plasty scar. The photo quality ain't that good but trust me look at the same spot where your depressed scar is and imagine that being as deep as yours cos the stitch was sitting there. It went away. It's kinda lumpy when I touch it now. Instead of it staying depressed it became a bit raised. I think it's just swelling around your eye area. Hell I even had bloody scabs. Did you experience that?

Look at this link. Not for faint hearted. http://www.realself.com/files/P10002372-39544.jpg
That was me with my eyes closed after 6 days. I wanted to die. Cried really hard too. My family has been really supportive so that helps. Everyone here was supportive and it kinda helped me a little. I think I'm developing obsessive compulsive disorder with my eyes. I still regret doing the procedure. My epi's not sharp at all. One side squarish one side semi-sharp. It's still like this now. My left eye also looks way bigger than the right. It's not that bad when you only look at the eyes but when you look at my face they look like 2 different eyes. One's big and other ones smaller. Nara might've overcorrected my left eye and opened it more which is now making me look like I have slight ptosis on my right.

BTW whats that piece of meat there? I'm confused. Was it there before?

Yea christmas and my birthday on NYE. I never had this problem with my first surgery you know. I was out and about in 2 weeks.
[/quote][/quote]

Hello. Is there an update on your epi situation? I did it around January and it's almost time for my revision. Mine is very similar to yours... asymmetry, one squarish, the other semi-sharp (like oval). All in all I am very unsatisfied. I didn't go to the same doctor (hope that is okay to post here). But I am just glad to know that epi complications are common, and that I'm not that only one (I thought my surgery was majorly botched at first). To me, the problem is not the scars. They can subside with time, scar gel, and injections. But it's the odd shape that I got (square and round). I guess even with measuring, the skin does not heal predictably. Or maybe the doctors measured incorrectly. My skin is quite thick so maybe there were complications. Anyway, I only did the epi and didn't touch my eyelid. I had high expectations for epi because I wanted sharper corners. Instead, my left eye actually looks less sharp, more square and oval. But thankfully, it looks a lot better after 5 months. People won't notice that it's weird. Just us who got the surgery scrutinize it so closely. But I still think if we paid so much and got surgery in the first place, we should be satisfied. So I will actually be going to Korea soon, to a doctor named "Dr. Kwon" at teuim clinic. He is the pioneer of magic epi (I think he invented it) and I hope to sharpen my inner corners so that it is an almond shaped point. It's true, epi is hard to revise, but possible. Revision causes more correction and revealing of the inner corners though. There is also reconstruction/reversal, but that is complicated and employs redraping methods. I have no idea how it is done but it stretches skin to cover the inner corner again.

Please let me know if your epi situation improved. My left eye also has a bump of excess skin, but that will be excised easily. I just hope that after revision my eyes can get a graceful shape.

slpd123

Post by slpd123 » Sun, 30 May 2010 3:59 am

Erm, so not much comment on Dr Putt or Dr Chi? I am planning to go in July. Which hotel is more centralise to this 2 drs? I intend to do a consultation with both dr and show them my "after" photo which I photoshop and see what they response.

I am pretty worried since my first nose job was not what i want

rafael

Post by rafael » Mon, 31 May 2010 2:18 am

Hey everyone, I got an appointment with Dr Nara on June 9th... waited half a year and the date is near.. unfortunately, my friend backed out at the last minute..

If anyone wants to take her slot and travel with me it would be great. Email me at dr.willystroker (at) gmail.com or drop me a private message. Thanks!

ticklemepink

PS in BKK/Hatyai

Post by ticklemepink » Mon, 31 May 2010 2:25 am

hey peeps! super new at this.
am seriously interested in BA & dimple creation in thailand. have been doing my research on Tokai Clinic & Dr Nara.
Dr Nara's prices are to die for..but what's e catch?
any1 have any comments on either doctors?

(P.S: my budget's pretty limited,so im searching for the best price) :D
~who says beauty is skin deep? that person ought to be shot~

ticklemepink

wtf~

Post by ticklemepink » Mon, 31 May 2010 2:32 am

scary news abt Dr Nara (Hatyai)

any comments peeps?

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking%2B ... 32909.html :???: :???: :???: :???: :???:

krispy

Post by krispy » Mon, 31 May 2010 12:29 pm

there is no catch, i went in for lipo yesterday for thigh and going again today for inner thigh, tomorrow i do stomach. am in pain right now but i have to do light walking. to answer some people questions, i did not put no deposit, i told the nurse i will be there before my surgery date and she said come 3 days before and deposit 2000baht. when i first arrive in hat yai by train from bangkok i was pressured to take a taxi which ended up being a those big looking truck. I didn't understand what he was saying but i needed a ride and was tired from long trip. the ride was no more than 5mins and he ask for 60baht. i was taken to a hotel called hatyai asia. the train from lee's garden is walking distance. i walk around half the city in an hour and a half (jus exercising) the people here are really nice don't trust people at the train station or airport. When I was in town people was happy to help me with directions. lee's garden is 5min walk to dr. nara office. the price is very good here compare to bangkok because this is a small town. Am planning on staying here until late july everything is so affordable.

Dr. Nara is exactly like what everybody says, soft spoken, gentle, he look very young. he made me feel ok. his clinic is always pack, I seen their appointment book while waiting he must have thousands of patience. there's a picture book if you want to see his work in office. the nurse took a picture of me before i did procedure, but i think they keep it for their own personal use. the waiting is very long, they gave me a phone to carry. the nurses do the liposuctions. I was scared to come down here by myself but after spending 2 days walking by myself I can honestly say its the safest place i ever been to in my life. no muggins of any sort, their's security around the malls and the thai people don't tolerate criminals. I only speak english and they manage to still communicate with me.

this is jus my experinece of the city and the people. nothing much to do but walk around and enjoy the enviroment of what hatyai have to offer. its not a beautiful city but its safe! be careful crossing the streets, i am use to have those walk sign and stop signs at the light. i would stand for hours and wait to follow someone else when they cross the moterbikes think they own the road. dr. chi office is just north of lee's garden big sign that says phi beauty right beside temple. walk pass there didn't go inside. there's a few other places i seen that are clinics but it was written in thai so i didnot understand. dr. putts office is south off lee's garden u walk towards train station than walk opposite of airport direction.

On weekends so many singapores, very busy. if you travelling alone, don't worry. ok well i jus wanted to share if u on a budget do come here :)

ticklemepink

need friend for HatYai

Post by ticklemepink » Mon, 31 May 2010 11:33 pm

krispy wrote:there is no catch, i went in for lipo yesterday for thigh and going again today for inner thigh, tomorrow i do stomach. am in pain right now but i have to do light walking. to answer some people questions, i did not put no deposit, i told the nurse i will be there before my surgery date and she said come 3 days before and deposit 2000baht. when i first arrive in hat yai by train from bangkok i was pressured to take a taxi which ended up being a those big looking truck. I didn't understand what he was saying but i needed a ride and was tired from long trip. the ride was no more than 5mins and he ask for 60baht. i was taken to a hotel called hatyai asia. the train from lee's garden is walking distance. i walk around half the city in an hour and a half (jus exercising) the people here are really nice don't trust people at the train station or airport. When I was in town people was happy to help me with directions. lee's garden is 5min walk to dr. nara office. the price is very good here compare to bangkok because this is a small town. Am planning on staying here until late july everything is so affordable.

Dr. Nara is exactly like what everybody says, soft spoken, gentle, he look very young. he made me feel ok. his clinic is always pack, I seen their appointment book while waiting he must have thousands of patience. there's a picture book if you want to see his work in office. the nurse took a picture of me before i did procedure, but i think they keep it for their own personal use. the waiting is very long, they gave me a phone to carry. the nurses do the liposuctions. I was scared to come down here by myself but after spending 2 days walking by myself I can honestly say its the safest place i ever been to in my life. no muggins of any sort, their's security around the malls and the thai people don't tolerate criminals. I only speak english and they manage to still communicate with me.

this is jus my experinece of the city and the people. nothing much to do but walk around and enjoy the enviroment of what hatyai have to offer. its not a beautiful city but its safe! be careful crossing the streets, i am use to have those walk sign and stop signs at the light. i would stand for hours and wait to follow someone else when they cross the moterbikes think they own the road. dr. chi office is just north of lee's garden big sign that says phi beauty right beside temple. walk pass there didn't go inside. there's a few other places i seen that are clinics but it was written in thai so i didnot understand. dr. putts office is south off lee's garden u walk towards train station than walk opposite of airport direction.

On weekends so many singapores, very busy. if you travelling alone, don't worry. ok well i jus wanted to share if u on a budget do come here :)

thanks for the info,man! ((:

am sooo gonna do my B.A under Dr Nara

anyone free anywhere from 8-16 July? i prefer a companion for my 1st ever P.S trip. been asking my GFs & none are free though... :(

cotton

Post by cotton » Tue, 01 Jun 2010 12:33 am

I would like to know how much does Nara charge.

Keen to do all these @ one go
1) buccal fat or cheek lipo (what is the different)?

2) Thigh liposuction

3) I have a big nose and really have headache correcting it. This is what my nose looks like: http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/1320/nosem.jpg

I have receive a quote from a doc in Bangkok. Price is US$$3700 !!!. I find it so Xpensive compare to you guys have been doing.

I was advised with:

Refinement Rhinoplasty: the Tip plasty +L shape silicone implant+Alar plasty the cost is $3700 usd with one night
Never take someone for granted because you may wake up one day and realize that you’ve lost a diamond while busy collecting stone

ats_syd

Post by ats_syd » Tue, 01 Jun 2010 12:58 am

cotton wrote: I would like to know how much does Nara charge.

Keen to do all these @ one go
1) buccal fat or cheek lipo (what is the different)?

2) Thigh liposuction

3) I have a big nose and really have headache correcting it. This is what my nose looks like: http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/1320/nosem.jpg

I have receive a quote from a doc in Bangkok. Price is US$$3700 !!!. I find it so Xpensive compare to you guys have been doing.

I was advised with:

Refinement Rhinoplasty: the Tip plasty +L shape silicone implant+Alar plasty the cost is $3700 usd with one night
Hi Cotton,

My advice for you is don't do it in Hatyai, not because the doctors are no good, it's because they all do simple implant jobs which will work for someone who wants to augment the bridge higher, it won't do any help for your case. I had a nose similar to you and I went to Nara 2 years ago, what he did was simply add an L implant on top of what I've got there, it actually made my nose even bigger . What I needed was tip refinement and alarplasty , it means taking off some cartilage around the tip and the bridge, shaving off some bones etc ... the combinations are more complicated jobs ,which mean more expensive surgical fees. I had a revision to correct my first nose jon done by nara ,the impant taken off and all the works , which cost $4500 and got a prefert job done in a excellent facility and an excellent doctor.

Dr.Nara is an excellent choice if your original nose is flat,no bridge and NOT too fleshy around the tip , and only requires a simple augmentation job, because the L- implant will raise the bridge . But unfortunately not all of us can look good with a simple procedure.

Nose job is something you should get it right the first time, any re
vision will get more risky and surgical fees are much higher too.

So choose a doctor who can deliver what you want instead of going with a doctor who only do his way but not necessarily suits you,

ticklemepink

Post by ticklemepink » Tue, 01 Jun 2010 11:12 am

was google`ing & found this website under Dr Prinya (Hat Yai). prices are wayyyy better then Dr Nara.

any1 went for P.S under Dr Prinya before?

http://www.lasersurgeryhatyai.com/Plastic%20cost.html

venven81

Post by venven81 » Tue, 01 Jun 2010 11:33 am

I just came back frm hatyai ytd ,did my nose job with Dr nara. I am rather pleased with his work as my nose was rather flat intially.

For those who did their nose with Dr nara , did you guys remove the thread or let it disolve itself ? Are we allow to wear spec after that ? My nose is currently a little swollen still...I was told frm Dr Nara that if after a week and my nose is still swollen i need to call them.Hopefuy it heals within a week.

kaitin

Post by kaitin » Tue, 01 Jun 2010 12:11 pm

anyone in hatyai from 21/6-23/6?

ticklemepink

Post by ticklemepink » Tue, 01 Jun 2010 6:46 pm

kaitin wrote:anyone in hatyai from 21/6-23/6?
im going in july lah... go with me lah... anywhere from 8 - 16th July

ticklemepink

Re: Porcelain Veneers

Post by ticklemepink » Wed, 02 Jun 2010 10:52 pm

pootie wrote:Does anyone know where in hatyai i can do porcelain veneers? i'm planning to do my chin implant together with the veneers. Anyone experienced this and know where to do?? thanks!! :)
Dental Clinics:
- Songchai Dental Clinic behind the Lee Garden Plaza on 199 Sangjun Rd. Phone#074-352165.
- Dental Land Co Ltd, 39/2 Ratyindi Tumbol Hatyai Amphoe
E-mail :[email protected]

Chin implants:
- Dr Nara : www.dr-nara.com/
- Dr Putt : [email protected]
- Dr Prinya : http://www.lasersurgeryhatyai.com/

when are u gg? wanna go together? i wanna do B.A + dimple creation

RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy » Fri, 04 Jun 2010 1:18 pm

Nose job is something you should get it right the first time, any re
vision will get more risky and surgical fees are much higher too.

So choose a doctor who can deliver what you want instead of going with a doctor who only do his way but not necessarily suits you,
Wow. Makes sense. Which surgeon did you go to? I was thinking of having my nose done in Korea. Any you would recommend?