Singapore Expats

Plastic Surgery in Singapore

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
Mintan
Regular
Regular

Post by Mintan » Tue, 05 Jan 2010 4:40 pm

the
Last edited by Mintan on Thu, 18 Nov 2010 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mintan
Regular
Regular

Post by Mintan » Tue, 05 Jan 2010 4:56 pm

the
Last edited by Mintan on Thu, 18 Nov 2010 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mintan
Regular
Regular

Post by Mintan » Thu, 07 Jan 2010 10:18 am

the
Last edited by Mintan on Thu, 18 Nov 2010 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lorelai78

Post by lorelai78 » Thu, 14 Jan 2010 12:55 am

I did my nose with Dr Woffles Wu and I am superbly pleased with my results. He is an artist and a dr, combined. I have been wanting to do this for more than 10yrs and finally plucked enough courage to do it. Took a while to recover, but results were well worth it. This is my first and shall be my last as I am pleased and happy. He is expensive and will recommend things here and there, but if u know exactly what u want, and don't do anything else, no harm paying for the best in the market. I have heard things here and there and well, not all patients will be 100% pleased with results as it depends on individual. But for me, I am extremely happy and I look really good now :)

It's been more than 6 months and although the recovery took a while, the end results are well worth it. Surprising that just 1 new nose can take years off me and I can't help feeling so good abt it everyday :) It has turned my life around as I feel so good abt myself everyday. I used to lament at the nose I had, but now, everything seems perfert :P It may not be for all vainpots, but for my experience thus far, it has been one of the best decisions I have made !

ourvij

Post by ourvij » Wed, 03 Mar 2010 6:46 pm

My aunt had a face lift done in KK women's and children's hospital and she was very pleased with the results. I was surprised that there were plastic surgeons there. I mean it was surprising because this was a restructured hospital. She said that the ambience was not as good as the top private clinics outside, but the doctors are very professional and good. It was much cheaper than outside too, only cost about S$6000+.

I am considering to have liposuction there. She said they have a device called the waterjet or something to help with removal of the fat. It's much safer than doing it in a clinic outside. i mean if anything were to happen, touch wood, it would be much safer in a hospital, right? Furthermore, they are much cheaper too, and the doctors are certified plastic surgeons, i mean where can you go wrong with that?

rockangelx

Post by rockangelx » Sat, 20 Mar 2010 7:17 pm

kaya_toast wrote:Are you working? If you dun mind your colleagues to know you went for PS, he will give you MC for the surgery.

He told me I have a fatty nose and he had to remove the fat. As I was conscious during my surgery, I kept chatting with him when he was cutting me. From the small talks, he mentioned that he is good at nose reconstruction and aware of the possibility of over-correction.

I am quite OK with my colourful face. I went back to work on the 6th days. When I went shopping after my follow-up, a lot of people stared at me, I just smiled. The change is so drastic, it is impossible for friends/ colleagues not to notice my new nose.

During the pre-surgery consultation, he asked me which side of my ear I use to answer phone calls as he needs to extract the cartilage from the other ear to construct my nose tip. Therefore, at the start of the surgery, other than the 4 jabs on my face, he jabbed on my left ear. After he cut my nose, he told me he found some cartilage within it and he is not going to cut my ear.

I also told him Taiwan uses rib bone for bridge and why he is not using, he said he dun like to create more scars and to obtain a rib bone he need to use hospital facilities which will incur high cost.

Yes. People around me may not notice but it is really still big and hard… BTW I am still unable to give a reasonable review of his work till my swelling is complete... 8-)
Last edited by rockangelx on Wed, 09 Jun 2010 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rockangelx

Post by rockangelx » Sat, 20 Mar 2010 7:18 pm

whoa.
Last edited by rockangelx on Wed, 09 Jun 2010 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ahsa

plastic surgeon take photo of during consultation

Post by ahsa » Fri, 09 Apr 2010 9:55 pm

should patient allow plastic surgeon to take photo of the face and area under discussion, during the consultation phase?

a friend i recommended now feeling jittery, becuz during consulation, photo taken, though she mentioned that she still considering procedure.

should she have allowed it only if definitely going ahead with it?

jellybeangirl

Breast augmentation

Post by jellybeangirl » Sun, 02 May 2010 9:07 pm

Hi beautiful ladies,
I want to do breast enlargement but have no idea where to go and wad are the options. I've heard abt implants but they carry huge risks and the breasts can turn out like stone! And I've heard abt fillers like aqualift but they last max 5 years and den they go back to original size -_- can anyone help me?

claire gan

Post by claire gan » Tue, 01 Jun 2010 12:07 am

Hi, I am keen on going on a dimple creation surgery. Does anyone have info about this? I heard alot about Dr. Nara in Hat Yai. His charges are so much lower and the results seem good. Why isn't anyone considering going to him?

sukila

Post by sukila » Thu, 03 Jun 2010 5:40 pm

Hi lorelai78,
I am also considering going to Woffles Wu for rhinoplasty and would be interested in knowing your experience. You seem to be pleased with the end results so that is very encouraging!!

Mintan
Regular
Regular

Post by Mintan » Mon, 14 Jun 2010 9:07 pm

Thanks!

zane80

Post by zane80 » Tue, 29 Jun 2010 5:05 pm

Mintan wrote:http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNew ... 74477.html
CEO dies after plastic OP

I am now convinced that the area of plastic surgery is a highly risky thing. The police documentated the case as an unnarural death and is passing the case over to the coroner.

I give up my pursuit of beauty in the area of plastic surgery. No more ops. :o
Dun give up, that case is because he chose the risky kind. Which is pretty uncommon in Singapore.

If u got a part u dun like, just change it.

Nespress88

Post by Nespress88 » Tue, 27 Jul 2010 5:13 pm

Sometimes, it amazes me to see people choosing their plastic surgeons based on the 'cheapest' available. Some other threads in the forum have people going as far as picking the cheapest surgeons as the main criteria within the same Clinic in thailand to do major 'structural' changes etc nose, cheek, eyes.

As someone who underwent 4 rhinoplasties in the past 14 years, I should be a qualified candidate to say this: Go for the best and pay what the surgeon deserves - You only have one face. All my surgeries were done in Singapore, first 2 cases were complete emotional nightmares due to extreme unprofessionalism and irresponsible nature of a particular surgeon - (still practising in his own private clinic in Gleneagles but name is rarely mentioned in the forum, for good reasons of coz!). Briefly, I had to have my implant removed twice within a span of 8 months and the surgeon's complete lack of empathy and ethics for me as a human being almost caused me to go into depression. His classic quote I remembered until today - ' For your case I think can give you an 'ang moh' nose, very very high and sharp, will look weird but it's high la!'.

Needless to say both primary and revision surgeries by this surgeon were complete botched jobs and I had to endure comments like ' how come your nose crooked one huh', 'you got funny nose shape hor' throughout entire 3 yrs before I seek help from another surgeon. I even had to wear a thick specs when I have perfect eyesight to hide the slanted implant. Then, I came to a conclusion that regardless of whoever is the surgeon, any nose job will not lasts.

That idea lasted until I met Dr Woffles Wu, who was still practising in SGH back then. I would say my entire life changed from then after meeting him. He easily pointed out my problem straight away, and a couple of others. I proceeded ahead with the operation and to cut short, I became a much more confident person and my social life improved tremendously, even drastically. Since my focus is on rhinoplasty here, ill stick to it. Given that Dr Woffles Wu also used a silicone implant; same as the first guy. One can already tell the major discrepancies of level of technique and skill between surgeons. I never would have imagined my nose job with Dr Woffles Wu would last me through 11 years (yes, no crooked of implants or weird nose shape) until months ago when I decided to go back to him purely for vanity reason - a higher and stronger nose. Else I could have gone on until who knws before I need to go through another surgery due to botched results.

Yes, he charges like what kayatoast said, an arm, leg, hand, thighs, and maybe even feet, but it's all worth every single bit. My other 'parts' did by him all lasted me very well for past 11 years until this day. Currently, I am freshed out of my new nose, and I continue to be amazed by how incredible his skills are.

Back to my point; you only have one face. If you wanna saw, shave, cut, drill, punch holes through it, make sure you do thorough research and please don't save on your own face!

jacksonsin

Post by jacksonsin » Sat, 31 Jul 2010 11:01 am

Nespress88 wrote:Sometimes, it amazes me to see people choosing their plastic surgeons based on the 'cheapest' available. Some other threads in the forum have people going as far as picking the cheapest surgeons as the main criteria within the same Clinic in thailand to do major 'structural' changes etc nose, cheek, eyes.

As someone who underwent 4 rhinoplasties in the past 14 years, I should be a qualified candidate to say this: Go for the best and pay what the surgeon deserves - You only have one face. All my surgeries were done in Singapore, first 2 cases were complete emotional nightmares due to extreme unprofessionalism and irresponsible nature of a particular surgeon - (still practising in his own private clinic in Gleneagles but name is rarely mentioned in the forum, for good reasons of coz!). Briefly, I had to have my implant removed twice within a span of 8 months and the surgeon's complete lack of empathy and ethics for me as a human being almost caused me to go into depression. His classic quote I remembered until today - ' For your case I think can give you an 'ang moh' nose, very very high and sharp, will look weird but it's high la!'.

Needless to say both primary and revision surgeries by this surgeon were complete botched jobs and I had to endure comments like ' how come your nose crooked one huh', 'you got funny nose shape hor' throughout entire 3 yrs before I seek help from another surgeon. I even had to wear a thick specs when I have perfect eyesight to hide the slanted implant. Then, I came to a conclusion that regardless of whoever is the surgeon, any nose job will not lasts.

That idea lasted until I met Dr Woffles Wu, who was still practising in SGH back then. I would say my entire life changed from then after meeting him. He easily pointed out my problem straight away, and a couple of others. I proceeded ahead with the operation and to cut short, I became a much more confident person and my social life improved tremendously, even drastically. Since my focus is on rhinoplasty here, ill stick to it. Given that Dr Woffles Wu also used a silicone implant; same as the first guy. One can already tell the major discrepancies of level of technique and skill between surgeons. I never would have imagined my nose job with Dr Woffles Wu would last me through 11 years (yes, no crooked of implants or weird nose shape) until months ago when I decided to go back to him purely for vanity reason - a higher and stronger nose. Else I could have gone on until who knws before I need to go through another surgery due to botched results.

Yes, he charges like what kayatoast said, an arm, leg, hand, thighs, and maybe even feet, but it's all worth every single bit. My other 'parts' did by him all lasted me very well for past 11 years until this day. Currently, I am freshed out of my new nose, and I continue to be amazed by how incredible his skills are.

Back to my point; you only have one face. If you wanna saw, shave, cut, drill, punch holes through it, make sure you do thorough research and please don't save on your own face!
Hi can pm me the picture of your nose?