Singapore Expats

Car Insurance

Discuss the different insurance options from car to health insurance.
snowqueen
Chatter
Chatter

Car Insurance

Post by snowqueen » Mon, 24 May 2010 10:16 pm

Hi,

I'm sorry if there's already a thread on here with this topic but I'm about to go to bed and haven't got time to trawl the web.

After nearly 2 years being here, we've finally decided to get a car, which we hope to pick up this week so now we just need to sort out the car insurance.

My husband is finding it hard to get a policy less than $1,000 for the year. I know that we have no 'no claims' history here but unlike the UK, your age and the number of years you've been driving doesn't seem to make a difference here - unless you know otherwise.

Can anyone please recommend some insurance companies they are using so we can shop around for some more quotes.

Many thanks

wickedom

Post by wickedom » Thu, 27 May 2010 1:57 pm

Hi Snowqueen,

There are many factors that insurer consider when rating the motor insurance. Nonetheless, the primary factors are:
- Past claims
- Occupation
- Make and Model

Insurance below $1,000 are hard to come by nowadays even at 50% No Claim Discount.

snowqueen
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowqueen » Thu, 27 May 2010 10:02 pm

We now got our insurance through Aviva as they were the cheapest so all sorted for now. Hopefully next year it will be a bit less.

ahjames

Post by ahjames » Thu, 02 Dec 2010 11:30 pm

you can try searching in sgcarmart on google. sgcarmart has got some car insurers that you can compare