Singapore Expats

Renouncing Singapore Citizenship - Catch 22

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
quitter

Post by quitter » Thu, 27 May 2010 11:45 am

What you reckon about me applying for PR in Singapore in future as my wife is keeping her citizenship? Any chance I will even get it?

All the govt websites seem to suggest I will be treated like any other foreigner, but I know a couple of people who gave up their citizenship and had their WP applications rejected countless times.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Thu, 27 May 2010 12:47 pm

deleted
Last edited by Mad Scientist on Wed, 20 Oct 2010 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

quitter

Post by quitter » Thu, 27 May 2010 1:05 pm

Already done by duties and completed NS so I owe them nothing. I am only asking to keep options open, just in case.

So what you reckon?

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Thu, 27 May 2010 2:25 pm

deleted
Last edited by Mad Scientist on Wed, 20 Oct 2010 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

quitter

Post by quitter » Thu, 27 May 2010 2:31 pm

[/quote]

During my time with the ministries , I never come across anyone getting PR , WP or whatever after renounce. Chances is zero to what I know

I do not have the data now but I doubt it changes much[/quote]

No worries, so i will just have to rule out taking a job in Singapore no matter how much they pay me...

wait, but my wife is keeping hers, according to the websites and forms, i can get PR through spousal sponsorship. So this option doesn't work too?

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Thu, 27 May 2010 2:53 pm

deleted