Singapore Expats

Fraud checks LPR application

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
serve_the_servants
Regular
Regular

Fraud checks LPR application

Post by serve_the_servants » Wed, 26 May 2010 5:04 am

Hereby a 'funny' update on my LPR application:

I applied for LPR at the end of March. In my application, I stated that I started and developed a new online portal. I use pretty advanced software to scan Ip addresses (for hack prevention).

Funny fact is that I have the ICA on my website every 2 weeks for at least 5 to 10 minutes since the first week of my application (My website is for local purposes in Europe and this visitor comes from Lavender Singapore and the Ip is owned by the ICA).

Also, my University administration contacted me that a foreign authority contacted them to verify my degrees.

Wow, those guys are checking things pretty serious! These things make me warn those people who try to 'boost' their application.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Re: Fraud checks LPR application

Post by Mad Scientist » Wed, 26 May 2010 5:16 am

serve_the_servants wrote:Hereby a 'funny' update on my LPR application:

I applied for LPR at the end of March. In my application, I stated that I started and developed a new online portal. I use pretty advanced software to scan Ip addresses (for hack prevention).

Funny fact is that I have the ICA on my website every 2 weeks for at least 5 to 10 minutes since the first week of my application (My website is for local purposes in Europe and this visitor comes from Lavender Singapore and the Ip is owned by the ICA).

Also, my University administration contacted me that a foreign authority contacted them to verify my degrees.

Wow, those guys are checking things pretty serious! These things make me warn those people who try to 'boost' their application.
There is nothing to be surprise about. ICA, MOM and the rest of the ministries here has to go to one vetting agency which its sole purpose day in and day out is to weed all those fraudster or would be one and verify all docs that were send to apply.
Welcome to Singapore !! The land of the free and NOT SO FREE !!
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!