Singapore Expats

Where to get PC repaired - missing startup file

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
mules
Regular
Regular

Where to get PC repaired - missing startup file

Post by mules » Sun, 23 May 2010 11:32 pm

Tried to turn on my netbook a few weeks ago and it won't startup - simply says a startup file is missing.

Anyone know where I can get this repaired. Netbook is only 8 months old - warranty on the software is only for 60 days!

Need to make sure they can retrieve my existing files if they need to rebuild.

thanks

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Where to get PC repaired - missing startup file

Post by JR8 » Mon, 24 May 2010 2:00 am

mules wrote:Tried to turn on my netbook a few weeks ago and it won't startup - simply says a startup file is missing.

Anyone know where I can get this repaired. Netbook is only 8 months old - warranty on the software is only for 60 days!

Need to make sure they can retrieve my existing files if they need to rebuild.

thanks
I used a co. called something like 'PC doctor' to do a reinstall for me. Google on something like 'PC doctor engineer repair' (on Google.com.sg)

DimWit Kid
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DimWit Kid » Mon, 24 May 2010 11:06 pm

If you follow the instructions when your notebook was still new, you will have a backup disk (CD). If you do have it, simply use it to startup your system from CD, and then do a repair option. You'll be fine in no time without having to pay anything. Big chance that your data is still actually inside...

Of course if you don't have the startup disk.... too bad.... :)