Singapore Expats

Pool Float Mattress

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
tigerbalm

Pool Float Mattress

Post by tigerbalm » Sat, 22 May 2010 3:21 pm

Hi, I need to find an inflatable air mattress while. I want to buy a really good one to use as a lazy float in the swimming pool. There are cheap useless ones for kids made of thin plastic that are no good. The good ones are made of rubberized cloth.
Any ideas where to look? Thanks

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 22 May 2010 4:10 pm

I would try the camping/survival stores. There are some in Vivo City as well as Velocity (there are at least two there). There is another done in Chinatown somewhere as well. These would be the most logical places other than maybe a Pool Equipment supplier or Toys R Us (probably cheap PVC one there though).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

x9200

Re: Pool Float Mattress

Post by x9200 » Sat, 22 May 2010 7:59 pm

tigerbalm wrote:Hi, I need to find an inflatable air mattress while. I want to buy a really good one to use as a lazy float in the swimming pool. There are cheap useless ones for kids made of thin plastic that are no good. The good ones are made of rubberized cloth.
Any ideas where to look? Thanks
Airbeds that can be bought from many places (i.e. from Carrefour, camping section) should do the job. They are PVC with suede like finish queen or single sizes and should be permanent enough to survive longer time - at least we used them for some extra guests over last few years a couple of times and they still look ok.

tigerbalm

Pool float mattress

Post by tigerbalm » Sat, 22 May 2010 9:05 pm

Thanks for the ideas :) keep them coming please!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Pool float mattress

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 22 May 2010 9:16 pm

tigerbalm wrote:Thanks for the ideas :) keep them coming please!
You have already exhausted the ALL the leads you have been already been given?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

tigerbalm

Post by tigerbalm » Sun, 23 May 2010 11:23 am

:D Nope, but will go mattress hunting next week and plan to go to all the shops and places in one day. So the more options the bigger the chances...
So far my favorite shop for all things - Mustafas - does not stock this kind of mattress.
cheers
L

ttujess

Post by ttujess » Sun, 23 May 2010 12:19 pm

Just saw some pretty good ones for pretty cheap at the Giant in IMM shopping center in Jurong.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sun, 23 May 2010 12:29 pm

ttujess wrote:Just saw some pretty good ones for pretty cheap at the Giant in IMM shopping center in Jurong.
Good, cheap and from Giant in one sentence sound a bit weird.

ttujess

Post by ttujess » Mon, 24 May 2010 4:01 pm

I def wasn't vouching for the quality, just that they had a nicer selection than anywhere else i've seen AND better prices.

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Mon, 24 May 2010 6:01 pm

any cheapo inflatable bed will do for a swimming pool. why do you need a high quality GRP kelvar inflatable bed reinforced with aramid polymer thread filled with nitrogen and a visco-elastic polyurethane foam top layer? gonna cross the causeway with it to malaysia? or indonesia? :D :P

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Mon, 24 May 2010 6:24 pm

durain wrote:any cheapo inflatable bed will do for a swimming pool. why do you need a high quality GRP kelvar inflatable bed reinforced with aramid polymer thread filled with nitrogen and a visco-elastic polyurethane foam top layer? gonna cross the causeway with it to malaysia? or indonesia? :D :P
Durian you obviously never brought home 3 stunners to private pool party a strong lilo is a must. :lol:

tigerbalm

Post by tigerbalm » Mon, 24 May 2010 10:55 pm

ha ha ha - what an answer!
only the pool is in malaysia and its mainly local kids who can sometimes use it and el cheapo mattress lasts about 5 minutes with them :)
Still same outcome - need the bullet proof version..

dazzlebabe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by dazzlebabe » Tue, 25 May 2010 12:11 pm

just don't use it in the condo pool where I'm at! :P
Just me

DazzleBabe

Pumpkin2010

Post by Pumpkin2010 » Mon, 07 Jun 2010 9:59 pm

i must admit i chuckled when i saw the original posting!
however at the weekend i went to spa botanica at sentosa (major treat) and they had some fantastic pool floats.
would so like to get one of those!!!