Singapore Expats

I need to get my kids to Singapore Chinese Girls School

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
mofobro

I need to get my kids to Singapore Chinese Girls School

Post by mofobro » Sun, 23 May 2010 9:45 pm

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:43 pm Post subject: I need to get my kids to Singapore Chinese Girls School from

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone in the same predicament? I need to get my kids to SCGS at about 715am every morning... return to Ledang after 230 or so.

1. Any advice on what time to leave ... assume its around 6am?
2. Carpool anyone?
3. Any advice on immigration? Filling out those freakin white forms every day is rediculous! We're Singapore PR's.. driving a Sing car.

Thanks!

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Mon, 24 May 2010 9:43 am

Why would you put your children through that?

'nuff said Image

mofobro

Post by mofobro » Mon, 24 May 2010 10:11 am

Because they are already in P3 and P6 there. We're moving up from Spore

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Mon, 24 May 2010 11:03 am

That sucks for the little ones . . .

(mofobro? Nice (?) nic)

'nuff said Image

mofobro

Post by mofobro » Mon, 24 May 2010 11:40 am

Not that bad- they'll sleep in the back of the car so actually, it's better than where we live now. But, would love to get advice on timing, possible carpool, and immigration daily from MY to SG and return

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 24 May 2010 12:25 pm

mofobro wrote:Not that bad- they'll sleep in the back of the car so actually, it's better than where we live now. But, would love to get advice on timing, possible carpool, and immigration daily from MY to SG and return
Unless you get some kind of residency, you get to fill out the white card. There is an excel spreadsheet somewhere that is formatted for filling out the card... a web search ought to dig it up. At least you could do a bunch of them at once.

mofobro

Post by mofobro » Mon, 24 May 2010 12:35 pm

That formatted excel sheet would be a big help!

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Asdracles » Mon, 24 May 2010 12:59 pm

Even if you can't find it, create one in Word/Excel will be a good investment. You spend some time doing it, you save a lot every day

carteki
Editor
Editor

Post by carteki » Mon, 24 May 2010 1:12 pm

There is a thread about living north of the border. No specifics about the details, but one of the posters did mention that he would be able to help.
Have you read that?

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 24 May 2010 1:42 pm

Asdracles wrote:Even if you can't find it, create one in Word/Excel will be a good investment. You spend some time doing it, you save a lot every day
Needs to be Excel in order to control character placement.

I found an old one in my archives

http://www.herberts.org/miscdocs/MalaysiaImmCard.xls

mofobro

Post by mofobro » Mon, 24 May 2010 8:16 pm

Thanks everyone for your help! I hope to be able to return the favor someday. Anyone make that early morning commute across the 2nd link?

I'm interested in traffic details around 615AM or so, Ledang to SG

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Tue, 25 May 2010 6:01 am

mofobro wrote:Thanks everyone for your help! I hope to be able to return the favor someday. Anyone make that early morning commute across the 2nd link?

I'm interested in traffic details around 615AM or so, Ledang to SG
There is a way you can get away from writing on those white papers and card entering to M'sia.
If you are living there and have a permanent address, bring those like water bill and power bill go to Wisma Persekutuan in JB. Go to Immigration Department and apply for Gold Card for Social Visit. This last for 5 years.Bascially with this card and you can live in M'sia without to do a run to SG. BUT YOU CANNOT WORK OR ENGAGE ANY BUSINESS in M'SIA. YOU need an EP for that which valid for 2 yrs renewable
I used to have that . I am not sure how much it cost now and how long it will last but it sure free up those time filling up forms.
Alternatively go to any company consultant in JB and they can do it too. It cost abit more for their service.
So.... all you need is the card and your Passport and this will reduce the pain going in and out from 2nd Link

Hope this helps
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

mofobro

Post by mofobro » Tue, 25 May 2010 7:15 am

Anyone have the name and contact details of a "consultant" who can assist us in getting these things accomplished simply and easily?

We are Spore PR's with American citizenship. 1 adult, 2 primary school kids also PR's

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Tue, 25 May 2010 7:38 am

mofobro wrote:Anyone have the name and contact details of a "consultant" who can assist us in getting these things accomplished simply and easily?

We are Singapore PR's with American citizenship. 1 adult, 2 primary school kids also PR's
OK, here is the programme Malaysia my second home program. Read and call them before you proceed with the consultant. Some consultant will charge you an arm and a leg. There are number of consultant in JB area

http://www.mm2h.gov.my/
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

mofobro

Post by mofobro » Tue, 25 May 2010 8:06 am

Yes, I'm familiar with MM2H and it's a great program. Unfortunately my spouse is a Makaysian Citizen and they just changed the program such that I'm no longer eligible because of that! I need to get a long term social visa now, as do my kids. I want to get that sticker for our passports so I don't need to fill out those white cards every day. Also, afraid that kids will loose it!

A sticker or entry plastic card would be great but navigating the vagaricies of Malaysian bureocracy is not my expertise!