Singapore Expats

Former work permit holder married without approval

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
foongmike

Former work permit holder married without approval

Post by foongmike » Sat, 22 May 2010 3:07 pm

Former work permit holder married a Singaporean was banned from entering Singapore. Does buying private property price range around $700k help to lift the ban?

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Re: Former work permit holder married without approval

Post by Mad Scientist » Sat, 22 May 2010 6:10 pm

foongmike wrote:Former work permit holder married a Singaporean was banned from entering Singapore. Does buying private property price range around $700k help to lift the ban?
You have post twice in the different section

SMS has already replied to you on the other thread, he quoted

"No it doesn't help. You would be better off investing in PRC. Once you disobey MOM they never forget. My nephew is in the same position. He and the baby are living with me, she is stuck in the Philippines. She was here originally on a 1 years LTVP and went it expired, was given 14 days to exit the country. She has been there now since Dec 2008. We have had letters from the North East Governer, 2 MP's, 2 Minister's and the former headmaster of Raffles (who was one of the Minister's teacher) and all to no avail. If you screw with MOM you might as well forget it. If you do a search of these threads, you will find another on here who has been trying for over 8 years to get his wife back here.

I'd say it's time for you to immigrate to China."

I will add to this to let you understand what is the issue here.
Once your wife an exWP marries a SGer or a PR without getting the permission of MOM, you are done for.
Your wife basically has 14 days to pack her bags and go. This is the holy grail of WP which was never to be flout with.
Buying a condo for even $5 millions has nothing to do with the MOM guideline as private purchase and public matters does not mix.
Your child can stay in SG as I believe the child has a BC since you are a Sger. But your wife can't. That is the truth.
How long will it take to overturn this ban ? I do not know in fact no one knows
If you have the money either go to China or stay in JB or Batam. This will be the closest your wife can get to SG