Singapore Expats

Great hair colourist.....anyone?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
BigSis
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BigSis » Sun, 09 May 2010 10:13 am

The reason I think Caucasian people have trouble here with highlights and dye is because Caucasian hair reacts faster than Asian hair so if a hairdresser hasn't done much Caucasian hair they'll leave the stuff on too long and you'll end up with dry hair..........which has happened to me several times!

That's why it can be better (and safer for your hair) to go to someone who has a lot of Caucasian customers - which unfortunately can mean a higher price tag.

I sometimes go to the Kimage hair school (when I'm feeling a bit strapped for cash) because it is really cheap, but I often end up having to have a good cut a few weeks later because the ends are too dry - fortunately hair grows quicker in the tropics so it's not too bad if you have to go shorter than you usually would :?

ellamaria

Post by ellamaria » Sun, 09 May 2010 10:51 pm

hi I go to linda aswell and she does great blonde hls and cuts shes aslo very busy!

Kaela

Post by Kaela » Thu, 13 May 2010 11:37 am

Hi ellamaria

Does Linda get right down to the scalp with the dye? I've been to a couple of people (1 here) who just didn't get down to the scalp so I left the salon still having dark roots! Also, does she weave the hair? She has to. Please tell me she does.

Thanks!

ellamaria

Post by ellamaria » Thu, 13 May 2010 12:35 pm

yes she does! she does mine right to the roots creamy blone and my hair has never felt better! she has a great set up in her house I would not go any were else!

Kaela

Post by Kaela » Thu, 13 May 2010 2:35 pm

Thanks so much for letting me know. I don't feel half as nervous now!

beladona

Post by beladona » Wed, 19 May 2010 3:28 pm

Who is this Linda , how do i contact her ?
i'm desperate as my (natural)hair colour is just awful .
I've tried several hairstylist in singapore but was never satisfied .My last color done in Tony & Guy by Chaya lasted only 2 weeks ! she is not that good .i don't mind paying big $ but i want beautiful blond color .
Help anyone

missis
Chatter
Chatter

Post by missis » Wed, 19 May 2010 5:10 pm

Why there two threads on exactly the same subject, posted the same week?

Kaela

Post by Kaela » Thu, 20 May 2010 10:48 am

Hi beladona

I went to Linda and thought she was great. She does very fine foils and gets right down to the roots. She doesn't use bleach, which is what I'm used to, so I'm probably not as blonde as I usually am (something no-one else would notice) but in saying that I'd definitely go back to her. She was lovely and gave me a great haircut - I went from very long to very short! She gets booked up pretty quickly as she's a one-man band and is going on holidays soon so won't be back until mid July, but her mobile number is 9436 5565. She has an ad in The Finder. :)

miyong

Post by miyong » Fri, 21 May 2010 10:36 am

I think Tony in the salon Plink which located in Far East plaza. you can look for him.

beladona

Post by beladona » Fri, 21 May 2010 2:42 pm

Thank You Kaela :) i will give her a call soon .

Kaela

Post by Kaela » Wed, 26 May 2010 2:52 pm

Beladona, in case you want to use bleach, Linda does use it. I checked with her. Can't wait to go back to her now I know she's going to do a great job! :)

jtklassen

Post by jtklassen » Fri, 10 Jun 2011 12:01 pm

I've been getting my highlights done for years and I could never find a stylist who would get them right, or make recommendations for what would best suit me.

But last year, I met a colourist who does amazing work with highlights. He chose the right shades and tones to make them stand out without being overpowering, & it was brilliant.

He's recently switched salons & is at the Toni & Guy branch at East Coast. And he's looking for Caucasian hair models, so I'm trying to kinda help him out. For the next month or so, he's charging $20 for any colouring style (I'm getting my highlights retouched this weekend).

:D

SharonaM

Toni & Guy East Coast

Post by SharonaM » Mon, 15 Aug 2011 11:58 am

I just booked the colorist at Toni & Guy jtklassen recommended.

How was he? Did he do a good enough job? I'm blonde and just need a touch-up for dark roots. Pretty straight forward.

If anyone has other recommendations for a good place in East Coast that would be fantastic! A good cut is hard to come by for fine hair.

Thanks

Jackielovesjon

Re: Toni & Guy East Coast

Post by Jackielovesjon » Tue, 16 Aug 2011 2:44 pm

[quote="SharonaM"]I just booked the colorist at Toni & Guy jtklassen recommended.

How was he? Did he do a good enough job? I'm blonde and just need a touch-up for dark roots. Pretty straight forward.

If anyone has other recommendations for a good place in East Coast that would be fantastic! A good cut is hard to come by for fine hair.

Thanks[/quote]

Jackie here... I would also love to know how the colorist at Toni & Guy did on your hair and, if you don't mind, the cost too. I'm very new to Singapore and my hair is shedding a lot as I age, so I really need someone good. Thanks so much!
"For God so loved the world..."

lynn_mcrae2

UK hair stylist moving to singapore

Post by lynn_mcrae2 » Mon, 12 Sep 2011 9:26 pm

Hello, i am a hair stylist from Glasgow UK,
I am moving to Singapore in January, i have 10 years experience in cutting, colouring & styling all types of caucasian hair. I feel i have a very high level of experience in my profession does anyone know roughly how much i should be expecting as a monthly salary when looking for jobs. Also If there are plenty of Expat hair salons in Singapore for me to work in?