Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Mushroom
Regular
Regular

Post by Mushroom » Sun, 16 May 2010 7:00 pm

synn wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
chanelislove wrote: whichi nterviewer did you get?
Mine was the one in Pink top and cream skirt (if i didn't remember wrongly), long wavy hair..
Live believing - dreams are for living,
Wonders are waiting to start.

mouse
Regular
Regular

Post by mouse » Sun, 16 May 2010 11:37 pm

anyone knows whens the next recruitment?

synn

Post by synn » Mon, 17 May 2010 4:47 am

Mushroom wrote:
synn wrote:
Mushroom wrote: Mine was the one in Pink top and cream skirt (if i didn't remember wrongly), long wavy hair..
oh! bebe pink top! very smooth skin chinese lady with wavy hair right! she is so strict ):

CabinCrewKristine

Post by CabinCrewKristine » Mon, 17 May 2010 5:15 pm

mouse wrote:anyone knows whens the next recruitment?
You need to check their website, most likely 2 - 3 months.

Depending on how many crews they recruited this round too ... ^^
Tons of Cabin Crew Tips - http://siacabincrew.wordpress.com

kinderjoy
Regular
Regular

=)

Post by kinderjoy » Mon, 17 May 2010 8:52 pm

ciaffection wrote:Hihi

I've been to the pre employment brief n submitted the documents to the hr people alrdy it was before my medical.

I went for the march 20 walk-in n was waiting for the final result aft my mgnt round..it took around a mth before I got informed I pass my final mgnt round.

Then I went for the check up last fri ans was asked to go back on monday for the 2nd xray. And I got their call today said that I cleared the medical

Initially I was told that my training will start next wk but I couldn't so they put me in 1st June. The lady said they will snail mail me the docs and will email me the date to sign the contract.

I think most of u will experiencethe same aft u cleared the medical!

Don't worry too much on the 2nd xray. I believe it will turn out fine! =]
thats fast.. i tot it will be a mth notice after knowing the result.. i just finish my 2nd x ray... worried like hell.. i hate waiting... so scary..

Starttomelt

Post by Starttomelt » Tue, 18 May 2010 11:12 am

Hey all, I'm new to this forum but I need help! I went for the interview on 8 may and got through all the rounds and went for my medical last week. I missed a call from SIA yesterday morning and they haven't called me back since. Is there any way that I can contact the hr? I tried calling the number they called me with but it's invalid. I don't know what to do now, slightly worried. Should I email them? Thanks.

roxysquare88

Post by roxysquare88 » Tue, 18 May 2010 2:23 pm

Yo! I am new in this forum too. Is SIA cabin crew REALLY such an attractive job? Why are there so many people who are attracted by it?

I used to dream about becoming one too. But it dawned on me that there is so much more to this job, besides sashaying down the alley.

Beneath the glamour, it is actually a tough job. Not to mention, irregular sleep hours, dry cabin air, demanding passengers, potential security risks etc. These negative aspects justify the high pay.

Is there any existing cabin crew, who would be willing to share the intrinsic job motivations? (High pay is an extrinsic job motivation. There is a limit to how much it can motivate a person).

nashikin

Post by nashikin » Tue, 18 May 2010 3:33 pm

Hey roxysquare88,

there are pros and cons in every job.

its not about glamour.

its about how you really see the job in a positive way.

As a cc, besides the tough job "sashaying down the alley", you get to travel to other countries and see the world and still getting paid!

Kinda you are killing two birds with one stone.

But most imptly you must have a passion for customer service before you decide to work as a cc since there will be alot of people whom you will meet onboard that are your passengers - the nice ones and the difficult ones.

If you do something that you love and have passion for, you will definetely be happy and satisfied with it![/quote]

SQEKwannabe

Post by SQEKwannabe » Tue, 18 May 2010 4:08 pm

anyone knows what is sq hr number?

jovialityy

Post by jovialityy » Tue, 18 May 2010 4:28 pm

Starttomelt wrote:Hey all, I'm new to this forum but I need help! I went for the interview on 8 may and got through all the rounds and went for my medical last week. I missed a call from SIA yesterday morning and they haven't called me back since. Is there any way that I can contact the hr? I tried calling the number they called me with but it's invalid. I don't know what to do now, slightly worried. Should I email them? Thanks.
Hi Starttimelt!

I experienced the same situation as you when I was waiting for the call from SIA. I missed their call and waited 2 weeks for the next call.
They will definitely call you back =))

jovialityy

Post by jovialityy » Tue, 18 May 2010 4:31 pm

ciaffection wrote:i just got my medical results and i've cleared it. who's starting on 1st june?
Hii Caiffection!

Are you starting your training on 1st June?? :D

ciaffection

Post by ciaffection » Tue, 18 May 2010 4:38 pm

yes yes!

u too?

jovialityy

Post by jovialityy » Tue, 18 May 2010 5:03 pm

ciaffection wrote:yes yes!

u too?
Yep!!! I'm starting on 1st June as well! =))

Anyway, have you receive any calls from SIA to go down and sign the bond?

WY84

Post by WY84 » Tue, 18 May 2010 7:38 pm

jovialityy wrote:
ciaffection wrote:yes yes!

u too?
Yep!!! I'm starting on 1st June as well! =))

Anyway, have you receive any calls from SIA to go down and sign the bond?
Hi Gals,

We are all starting on 1st June.. ciaffection : jovialityy is the gal that i told you will be starting on the same day with us..

derenla

Post by derenla » Thu, 20 May 2010 1:54 pm

congrats ppl!
hi just wondering did you guys go for any talk or just prepare everything by yourselves? i am thinking of gg for luke's talk before the next walk-in to prep myself because i really dont know any other way to prepare. hope can get some advice from you all! :D