Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for High Church

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.

Sponsored by:
Image
AE Logistics - Singapore Movers

jeensy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009

Looking for High Church

Postby jeensy » Tue, 01 Sep 2009 12:15 pm

Does anyone know where I can find a high anglican service in Singapore? I went to a very high church in London before moving out here, and would prefer to go to similar one here if possible as many anglican churches here seem to err on the evangelical side. If anyone can help that would be great.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34788
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 01 Sep 2009 1:14 pm

I think you will find most are only one or two stories high, and considering the ground here is only around 1.3 m above mean sea level, most aren't too high. :-|











:P :lol:

moto
Regular
Regular
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu, 06 Nov 2008

Postby moto » Tue, 01 Sep 2009 5:37 pm

nice.

jeensy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009

Postby jeensy » Wed, 02 Sep 2009 5:13 pm

I think you will find that some people come to this forum because they actually need help and real advice on settling down in Singapore. I don't know why you have to be so unhelpful and rude about posting - if you don't have anything helpful to post surely it is better not to post anything at all.

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10837
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 02 Sep 2009 5:25 pm

jeensy wrote:I think you will find that some people come to this forum because they actually need help and real advice on settling down in Singapore. I don't know why you have to be so unhelpful and rude about posting - if you don't have anything helpful to post surely it is better not to post anything at all.


Wow weee! Now, not only a high church but a high horse.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34788
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 02 Sep 2009 7:07 pm

I've got a pretty high pedestal for sale if'n you need it to get on that horse. :P

User avatar
hibri2
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue, 17 May 2005
Location: Earth - Asia - Singapore

Postby hibri2 » Fri, 04 Sep 2009 12:09 pm

jeensy wrote:I think you will find that some people come to this forum because they actually need help and real advice on settling down in Singapore. I don't know why you have to be so unhelpful and rude about posting - if you don't have anything helpful to post surely it is better not to post anything at all.


i will recommend to use a very much scientific, ergo, heretic piece of human invention called GOOGLE.

just out of curiosity, what the hell is high anglican service? do they get high? if so... if so, where do i sign in?
"Do not pray in my school, and I will not think in your church." - Unknown.

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10837
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Postby Strong Eagle » Fri, 04 Sep 2009 12:14 pm

hibri2 wrote:just out of curiosity, what the hell is high anglican service? do they get high? if so... if so, where do i sign in?


An Anglican high church is one that uses a set of rituals and practices similar to those of the Catholic Church.

User avatar
hibri2
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue, 17 May 2005
Location: Earth - Asia - Singapore

Postby hibri2 » Fri, 04 Sep 2009 12:17 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:An Anglican high church is one that uses a set of rituals and practices similar to those of the Catholic Church.


interesting, so those are the guys that did not go thru with henry divorces or what? :-)

thanks Strong Eagle, i will take it from here and research it on my own :-)
"Do not pray in my school, and I will not think in your church." - Unknown.

DCturbo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu, 13 May 2010

Re: Looking for High Church

Postby DCturbo » Thu, 13 May 2010 5:10 pm

jeensy wrote:Does anyone know where I can find a high anglican service in Singapore? I went to a very high church in London before moving out here, and would prefer to go to similar one here if possible as many anglican churches here seem to err on the evangelical side. If anyone can help that would be great.


Hi there

Just came across your posting while i was GOOGL-ing ... in SG, they are all Evangelical/Low Anglican churches.

St Andrew's Cathedral's first service is more traditional with more emphasis towards liturgy and worship thru' the Book of Common Prayer.

I was brought up in a High Anglican church as well so i wasn't "used" to the very 'relax' or watered-down style of liturgy worship.

Do give it a shot though ... do attend St George's at Minden Rd if you haven't already have.

If u're still unsure or hv any further queries, feel free to PM or email me at dcturbo@gmail.com

Cheers!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Staying, Living in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests