Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
cheerypumpkin

Post by cheerypumpkin » Wed, 12 May 2010 12:05 am

[quote="keirat"][quote="cheerypumpkin"]
No i did not, however i overheard some ppl need to do..I overheard it is becoz of their mild scoliosis, i wonder if its really the case..like does it mean without doing a 2nd x-tray means you are good to go for the scoliosis part?

[/quote]

oh hmm.. did you declare on the form on the checkup day that you have mild scoliosis in that case?[/quote]

Nope coz i dont know if I really hav it..*fingers crossed*

kinderjoy
Regular
Regular

Re: =)

Post by kinderjoy » Wed, 12 May 2010 1:00 am

Abercrombie wrote:
kinderjoy wrote:Anyone knows the ideal range of BMI for the girls that they gonna accept?
below 22... :wink:
i'm like 16.... :(

lynnelim

Post by lynnelim » Wed, 12 May 2010 9:14 am

cheerypumpkin wrote:
keirat wrote:
cheerypumpkin wrote: No i did not, however i overheard some ppl need to do..I overheard it is becoz of their mild scoliosis, i wonder if its really the case..like does it mean without doing a 2nd x-tray means you are good to go for the scoliosis part?
oh hmm.. did you declare on the form on the checkup day that you have mild scoliosis in that case?
Nope coz i dont know if I really hav it..*fingers crossed*

if you have scoliosis, they will call you up for a second xray.

cheerypumpkin

Post by cheerypumpkin » Wed, 12 May 2010 9:32 am

[quote="lynnelim"][quote="cheerypumpkin"][quote="keirat"][quote="cheerypumpkin"]
No i did not, however i overheard some ppl need to do..I overheard it is becoz of their mild scoliosis, i wonder if its really the case..like does it mean without doing a 2nd x-tray means you are good to go for the scoliosis part?

[/quote]

oh hmm.. did you declare on the form on the checkup day that you have mild scoliosis in that case?[/quote]

Nope coz i dont know if I really hav it..*fingers crossed*[/quote]

if you have scoliosis, they will call you up for a second xray.[/quote]

Omg lynnelim, means if you hav, they will ask you to do a 2nd x-ray on the spot right..which means...*fingers crossed* :)

artsan
Regular
Regular

Post by artsan » Wed, 12 May 2010 10:47 am

A lot of guys and girls were called back for their mild scoliosis x-Ray, shdn't be a problem for most. Probably just a false alarm (which costs $160!) I was also referred to a cardiac at Mt Eliz just for a blood pressure test, cost me $130, like wth~ anws, it turned out to be a fake scare. So like what our HR people menioned during Pre-Employment Briefing, just "wait for the call to know if you fail."

farhanjunior

Post by farhanjunior » Wed, 12 May 2010 12:41 pm

artsan wrote:A lot of guys and girls were called back for their mild scoliosis x-Ray, shdn't be a problem for most. Probably just a false alarm (which costs $160!) I was also referred to a cardiac at Mt Eliz just for a blood pressure test, cost me $130, like wth~ anws, it turned out to be a fake scare. So like what our HR people menioned during Pre-Employment Briefing, just "wait for the call to know if you fail."
which cardiac centre in Mt Elizabeth were u refered to?

lynnelim

Post by lynnelim » Wed, 12 May 2010 12:50 pm

cheerypumpkin wrote:
lynnelim wrote:
cheerypumpkin wrote: Nope coz i dont know if I really hav it..*fingers crossed*

if you have scoliosis, they will call you up for a second xray.
Omg lynnelim, means if you hav, they will ask you to do a 2nd x-ray on the spot right..which means...*fingers crossed* :)
HAHA, yeah. but you really have got nothing to be worried about unless your back is in such a bad shape, you're walking like an old lady :P

lynnelim

Post by lynnelim » Wed, 12 May 2010 12:51 pm

artsan wrote:A lot of guys and girls were called back for their mild scoliosis x-Ray, shdn't be a problem for most. Probably just a false alarm (which costs $160!) I was also referred to a cardiac at Mt Eliz just for a blood pressure test, cost me $130, like wth~ anws, it turned out to be a fake scare. So like what our HR people menioned during Pre-Employment Briefing, just "wait for the call to know if you fail."

it's a call if you clear your medical, and a letter if you fail. so pray hard you dont receive any letter!

sammiii

Post by sammiii » Wed, 12 May 2010 10:20 pm

kinderjoy wrote:i'm like 16.... :(
hey i think you still stand a chance cause one of my batch mates' BMI is about 16. plump up!! they wont calculate your BMI on the spot so as long as you look good in the uniform i suppose it should be fine.. :D

tkelvin

Post by tkelvin » Wed, 12 May 2010 11:25 pm

hi, would like to know if anyone knows these two awesome girls from the 8th may interview, valerie and lennara, both from the earlier batch? (batch 8 and 9) for the interview. awesome people that i forgot to ask their contacts from. sigh. D:

nadzilla

Post by nadzilla » Thu, 13 May 2010 12:13 am

is the BMI thing a definite issue? I've seen some cabin crew (though i dont remember SIA) being a little overweight, maybe BMI of 26-28

kinderjoy
Regular
Regular

Post by kinderjoy » Thu, 13 May 2010 1:10 am

sammiii wrote:
kinderjoy wrote:i'm like 16.... :(
hey i think you still stand a chance cause one of my batch mates' BMI is about 16. plump up!! they wont calculate your BMI on the spot so as long as you look good in the uniform i suppose it should be fine.. :D
well, i've clear all rounds of interviews. I'm just waiting fo my medical results. I hope i can clear that and start flying... :-|

ciaffection

Post by ciaffection » Thu, 13 May 2010 1:07 pm

i went for my 2nd xray on monday and waiting for their reply too. :cry:

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Thu, 13 May 2010 1:19 pm

kinderjoy wrote:
i'm like 16.... :(
Hmmm sooo low??? 16 ...then you must be very skinny, you need to do some heavy stuff as a Flight Attendent. Do some work out and load up protein to built up muscle, weight and strength :wink:

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Thu, 13 May 2010 1:24 pm

nadzilla wrote:is the BMI thing a definite issue? I've seen some cabin crew (though i dont remember SIA) being a little overweight, maybe BMI of 26-28
Once you are in then you can gain weight untill you are being write in to the office. They will then monitor your weight and ground you if necessary. I am sure no one is happy being term as a PPS (Pui Pui Stewardess) so must have self discipline,thought I did saw a few... they look like giant... :shock: