Singapore Expats

UN: SINGAPORE HAS THE 6TH HIGHEST PERCENTAGE OF FOREIGNERS

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
tkuanhoo

UN: SINGAPORE HAS THE 6TH HIGHEST PERCENTAGE OF FOREIGNERS

Post by tkuanhoo » Fri, 30 Apr 2010 10:09 pm

UN: SINGAPORE HAS THE 6TH HIGHEST PERCENTAGE OF FOREIGNERS IN THE WORLD.

According to the United Nations, 42% of the country's residents are foreigners.

No wonder there are so many non Singaporean weird accents and non English speakers on the streets these days. Should the government consider stricter immigration policies to avoid being flooded by unskilled and undesirable migrants?

http://www.un.org/esa/population/public ... k_2008.pdf

Splatted
Reporter
Reporter

Re: UN: SINGAPORE HAS THE 6TH HIGHEST PERCENTAGE OF FOREIGNE

Post by Splatted » Fri, 30 Apr 2010 11:07 pm

tkuanhoo wrote:UN: SINGAPORE HAS THE 6TH HIGHEST PERCENTAGE OF FOREIGNERS IN THE WORLD.

According to the United Nations, 42% of the country's residents are foreigners.

No wonder there are so many non Singaporean weird accents and non English speakers on the streets these days. Should the government consider stricter immigration policies to avoid being flooded by unskilled and undesirable migrants?

http://www.un.org/esa/population/public ... k_2008.pdf
In what way isn't it strict? Please elaborate.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 30 Apr 2010 11:20 pm

I can't believe it actually posted that. You mean it's admitting that Singapore didn't come in 1st in something? Or even 2nd? What an embarrassment! Such a loss of face. Has to be a kid as an adult wouldn't have made such a error, not even a Singaporean one. :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

tkuanhoo

Post by tkuanhoo » Sat, 01 May 2010 12:54 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I can't believe it actually posted that. You mean it's admitting that Singapore didn't come in 1st in something? Or even 2nd? What an embarrassment! Such a loss of face. Has to be a kid as an adult wouldn't have made such a error, not even a Singaporean one. :lol:
Actually Singapore did come in first as the country most people want to migrate to in terms of population size.

Across the countries surveyed, Singapore posts the highest positive PNMI of all countries and areas, with a net migration index value of +260%. This means that Singapore's adult population would increase from an estimated 3.6 million to as high as 13 million.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/124028/700-m ... ently.aspx

PS: I don't even think "face" is a part of mainstream Singaporean culture. Amazing how ignorant you are about Singapore even though you are a moderator. Pathetic.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sat, 01 May 2010 1:25 am

tkuanhoo wrote:
PS: I don't even think "face" is a part of mainstream Singaporean culture. Amazing how ignorant you are about Singapore even though you are a moderator. Pathetic.
What! :o Do you live on the moon? Around 80% of Singaporeans are Chinese and saving face has always been part of Chinese culture to the best of my knowledge.

tkuanhoo

Post by tkuanhoo » Sat, 01 May 2010 1:51 am

Plavt wrote:
tkuanhoo wrote:
What! :o Do you live on the moon? Around 80% of Singaporeans are Chinese and saving face has always been part of Chinese culture to the best of my knowledge.
Singaporeans are not Chinese, most haven't even been to China before. They are Singaporeans.

The "saving face", "kiasu", "5 Cs" etc are really just overblown stereotypes. Sure some are like that but most are not. I haven't heard the word "face" for decades now until a lowlife here mentioned it.

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Sat, 01 May 2010 8:55 am

tkuanhoo wrote:
Plavt wrote:
tkuanhoo wrote:
Singaporeans are not Chinese, most haven't even been to China before. They are Singaporeans.

The "saving face", "kiasu", "5 Cs" etc are really just overblown stereotypes. Sure some are like that but most are not. I haven't heard the word "face" for decades now until a lowlife here mentioned it.
You need to get out more or are you too busy doing your school homework. Now run along young one and stop embarrassing yourself.

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Sat, 01 May 2010 9:19 am

Congratulation to Singapore for being able to attract the best brains around the world to work for you! Go get them before the good ole USA does! :P

Splatted
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Splatted » Sat, 01 May 2010 9:29 am

tkuanhoo wrote:
Plavt wrote:
tkuanhoo wrote:

LOL.. ok, own up now. You're the same kid that was here a month or so ago saying Singaporeans don't speak Singlish, right? :lol:

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 01 May 2010 10:48 am

Yeah, it was a rather pathethic attempt at being a troll by our friend here. And you might be right, however, it's still not up to the level that MetroGuy managed. This one is rather pathetic and only took a wee bit of shoving back to have it frothing at the mouth like it did at Nakatago!

This guy is more like:

Enfant Provocateur likes to stir up trouble because...because, well...just because. This species of Flame Warrior is almost always young and male - it could be just a hormone thing.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

tkuanhoo

Post by tkuanhoo » Sat, 01 May 2010 2:41 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Yeah, it was a rather pathethic attempt at being a troll by our friend here. And you might be right, however, it's still not up to the level that MetroGuy managed. This one is rather pathetic and only took a wee bit of shoving back to have it frothing at the mouth like it did at Nakatago!

This guy is more like:

Enfant Provocateur likes to stir up trouble because...because, well...just because. This species of Flame Warrior is almost always young and male - it could be just a hormone thing.
Reading your posts makes my IQ drop by 20 points each time. And I am being generous at that.

Allibert
Chatter
Chatter

Wel

Post by Allibert » Sat, 01 May 2010 3:57 pm

That's tough when you didn't have a lot to play with in the first place - that only leaves one more post and you're back to zero.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Sat, 01 May 2010 4:55 pm

that was just a pathetic attempt at belittling someone.

think about it, even if you did have an iq of 200---which we all know you don't---and given how much you've trolled last night, and how many of those are to react to sms, you'll be no smarter than plankton right now.

i could hear thor coming in from the distance already.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

tkuanhoo

Post by tkuanhoo » Sat, 01 May 2010 5:03 pm

nakatago wrote:that was just a pathetic attempt at belittling someone.

think about it, even if you did have an iq of 200---which we all know you don't---and given how much you've trolled last night, and how many of those are to react to sms, you'll be no smarter than plankton right now.

Interesting. Tell me more.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 01 May 2010 5:45 pm

nakatago wrote:you'll be no smarter than plankton right now.

Nah, a plankton can still swim vertically but not against currents. They obviously reproduce as well. It
's more like an amoeba in that, as much as it's persona is so ugly, the only way it'll ever have offspring is if it divides itself. Otherwise, it would probably need to tie a pork chop around it's neck just to get the dog to lick it.

Interesting on the IQ thing though. I didn't know a troll could have a negative IQ? Considering it started with one that was less than it's European shoe size. I was going to say his British, or Aus shoe size but then again a troll can't be THAT stupid. Can they? Of course this one is rapidly proving that they can. :o