Singapore Expats

NS for 1st generation PR undergrads

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 29 Apr 2010 4:19 pm

raikoken wrote: and mad scientist, I really dont get what you were saying in the last part of your post. I'm Indonesian, not malay. Can you say again in english?
Guess that explains a lot. :-|
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

raden888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by raden888 » Thu, 29 Apr 2010 4:53 pm

Cayalah Uncle MS! :wink: Bisa berbahasa Indonesia ya tetapi Bahasa Melayu MS telah dicemari oleh Bahasa Indonesia.Masihkah anda fasih dengan Jawi?

Thumbs up to Old School Singaporeans :)

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Guess that explains a lot. :-|
:lol:

aku rasa SMS pun boleh cakap B.M. :cool:

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 29 Apr 2010 5:39 pm

:wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Thu, 29 Apr 2010 5:58 pm

deleted
Last edited by Mad Scientist on Wed, 20 Oct 2010 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

raden888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by raden888 » Thu, 29 Apr 2010 6:11 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:
Yeah , I was speaking to him in Bahasa Indonesia NOT MALAY !! though I can speak both even Javanese and Magelan
Here in Jawi
!!!!!!!کامو فيکير ڤمرينته بودوه
فيکير سکتيکا
ستياڤ اتورن تله د رانچڠ دڠن راڤي

Sweet! Your Jawi is better than mine..I can still read but writing is another story :mad: I figured it was Indonesian especially with the words Goblock and kualitas but could have been just broken Malay. My Bad!

At least you're one SGer who would understand Majulallah Singapura :cool: Some of my SGer friends managed to sing the anthem purely through memorization but unable to understand a word they're singing :shock:

raikoken

Post by raikoken » Thu, 29 Apr 2010 8:25 pm

alright, alright, I havent been back to Indo for seven years, and I always talk singlish here even with my indo frens, so my indo is damn rusty now. Who knows, maybe you speak it better than me. btw I dont understand Jawi either. I'm a chinese, dude. I can understand if you write in chinese

Tau Beta
Regular
Regular

Post by Tau Beta » Thu, 29 Apr 2010 11:24 pm

raikoken wrote:hey hey, not doing ns doesnt mean not contributing to the country. In the 2 years I can work and contribute to the economy, rather than doing BMT. Doing ns isnt the only way a guy can contribute to the country.

and mad scientist, I really dont get what you were saying in the last part of your post. I'm Indonesian, not malay. Can you say again in english?
Dude… not when you have conscription army! You can contribute later with your education and the economy but you’ll have to learn to chip in your share and bust your chops like every citizen does.

If the U.S. still has the military draft in place, I’ll be damned to ditch draft or to let my son do it. As a matter of fact, my boy is in the process of acquiring Dual Citizenship by virtues of his mom and we expected him to fulfill his military service obligation at the age of 18 with his motherland while his commitment to his fatherland is still first.

You’re typical of S.E. Asian kid from a Chinese family. I can say that ‘coz I’m an Asian American and my dad was bent out of shape when I try to enlist to serve after I graduated from college. Serving the nation is an honor – naive as we are but still an honor. Wait till your homeland get invaded and I see you running with your Degree as a refugee - figures!

Don’t be thinking of moving to the U.S. We already have too many of your kind. Sorry.

Tau Beta
Regular
Regular

Post by Tau Beta » Fri, 30 Apr 2010 12:55 am

Mad Scientist wrote:
raden888 wrote:Cayalah Uncle MS! :wink: Bisa berbahasa Indonesia ya tetapi Bahasa Melayu MS telah dicemari oleh Bahasa Indonesia.Masihkah anda fasih dengan Jawi?

Thumbs up to Old School Singaporeans :)

Yeah , I was speaking to him in Bahasa Indonesia NOT MALAY !! though I can speak both even Javanese and Magelan
Here in Jawi
!!!!!!!کامو فيکير ڤمرينته بودوه
فيکير سکتيکا
ستياڤ اتورن تله د رانچڠ دڠن راڤي

Hey MS bro! You remind me of someone... bourne identity :cool:

Tau Beta
Regular
Regular

Post by Tau Beta » Fri, 30 Apr 2010 3:13 am

raikoken wrote:alright, alright, I havent been back to Indo for seven years, and I always talk singlish here even with my indo frens, so my indo is damn rusty now. Who knows, maybe you speak it better than me. btw I dont understand Jawi either. I'm a chinese, dude. I can understand if you write in chinese
U're raised in Indonesia right? Mandarin/Chinese & Singlish are definitely not your mother tongue. Just your second/third language. You should understand uncle MS. Can't forget your own official language in 7 years.

您是華僑,不是中國人

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Fri, 30 Apr 2010 4:49 am

deleted
Last edited by Mad Scientist on Wed, 20 Oct 2010 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

Tau Beta
Regular
Regular

Post by Tau Beta » Fri, 30 Apr 2010 7:06 am

Mad Scientist wrote:
raikoken wrote:alright, alright, I havent been back to Indo for seven years, and I always talk singlish here even with my indo frens, so my indo is damn rusty now. Who knows, maybe you speak it better than me. btw I dont understand Jawi either. I'm a chinese, dude. I can understand if you write in chinese
I am a mixed blood with Portugese, Chinese, Thai, Indon in me MS
MS bro... I think u're a Yank in disguised as a SGer!! Your bloodline say so :D

raikoken

Post by raikoken » Fri, 30 Apr 2010 11:42 am

sigh I shouldnt be so mean. well at least I got the answer I wanted, so thanks people! ciao!
Last edited by raikoken on Fri, 30 Apr 2010 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 30 Apr 2010 12:03 pm

Rather a pathetic little person isn't he? :-|

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Fri, 30 Apr 2010 3:43 pm

deleted
Last edited by Mad Scientist on Wed, 20 Oct 2010 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 30 Apr 2010 4:26 pm

And it seems he's even gotten smaller. He's gone back and deleted his little tirade. Why doesn't that surprise me. :-|