Singapore Expats

Renouncing Singapore Citizenship - Catch 22

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
Tau Beta
Regular
Regular

Post by Tau Beta » Wed, 28 Apr 2010 11:06 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:TB

Have you ever wonder why Gahmen do this ?

Answer: It is to make it difficult for this category of "quitters" 8-)
There is no catch 22 in this circumstances. This docs has been there for ages. You want it , follow the step if not don't do it
:lol:
I totally see that ... is like..Gahmen have strong memories :evil:

Koalabear
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Koalabear » Thu, 29 Apr 2010 1:31 am

Tau Beta wrote:

There is no catch 22 in this circumstances. This docs has been there for ages. You want it , follow the step if not don't do it
not just strong memories, but eternal memories unless you destroy their database storage in the bukit timah cave + other classified areas I cannot tell. My mum was in a contract team that planned for the mindef data backup system and she told me there are different levels of backups for different data.

Tau Beta
Regular
Regular

Post by Tau Beta » Thu, 29 Apr 2010 2:48 am

Koalabear wrote:
Tau Beta wrote:

not just strong memories, but eternal memories unless you destroy their database storage in the bukit timah cave + other classified areas I cannot tell. My mum was in a contract team that planned for the mindef data backup system and she told me there are different levels of backups for different data.
Got it! NOTE TO SELF - DO NOT PISSED OFF GAHMEN. :cool:

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Thu, 29 Apr 2010 7:09 am

deleted
Last edited by Mad Scientist on Wed, 20 Oct 2010 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

Koalabear
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Koalabear » Thu, 29 Apr 2010 12:26 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:
Koalabear wrote:
Tau Beta wrote: I totally see that ... is like..Gahmen have strong memories :evil:
KB

You might want to read this on the renunciation thing to support my earlier post

* A Singapore citizen of or over the age of 21 years and of sound mind who is about to become a citizen of another country may apply to renounce his Singapore Citizenship. However, the Government may withhold the registration of a declaration of renunciation-

a) if the declaration is made during any war in which Singapore is engaged; or

b) if the declaration is made by a person subject to the Enlistment Act unless he has

(i) discharge his liability for full-time service under section 12 of the Act;

(ii) rendered at least 3 years of reserve service under section 13 of that Act in lieu of such full-time service; or

(iii) compiled with such conditions as may be determined by Government.
THIS SUCKS. Now lets see what constitutes a PES E downgrade.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Thu, 29 Apr 2010 3:31 pm

deleted
Last edited by Mad Scientist on Wed, 20 Oct 2010 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

Koalabear
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Koalabear » Thu, 29 Apr 2010 11:21 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:
Koalabear wrote: THIS SUCKS. Now lets see what constitutes a PES E downgrade.
Same as what I said. Technically yes but chances are touch and go as you have to serve minimum 3 yrs in the reservist.
Or if you have release letter from Mindef which is about 40 years old or from CPC saying that you are not required to serve reservist anymore
How can you be Pes E when you are an RP during active ?

Did I miss something here ?
well MRI is a "look for demon mirror". You can always find some imperfection I guess haha.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Fri, 30 Apr 2010 4:10 am

deleted
Last edited by Mad Scientist on Wed, 20 Oct 2010 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Koalabear
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Koalabear » Sat, 01 May 2010 10:28 am

Mad Scientist wrote:
Koalabear wrote:
Mad Scientist wrote: Same as what I said. Technically yes but chances are touch and go as you have to serve minimum 3 yrs in the reservist.
Or if you have release letter from Mindef which is about 40 years old or from CPC saying that you are not required to serve reservist anymore
How can you be Pes E when you are an RP during active ?

Did I miss something here ?
well MRI is a "look for demon mirror". You can always find some imperfection I guess haha.
Naughty naughty .......!!!

If you can do that, do it, and send it to CPC and get CMPB to get a release letter for you for no more reservist call up.
Used to Col. Rupert but not sure now

If all done you are almost home free lest you forget to do the renounce paper properly

BTW what goes on two, stays on two. Best not to talk about level 1 thingey here as there are only a handful knows what goes round

MS :wink:
I was just kidding. I want to wait at least im drawing a good salary before doing reservice so mindef must reimburse my salary.

quitter

Post by quitter » Mon, 24 May 2010 1:56 pm

This is going to crack all of you up!

I emailed ICA and the Canberra High Comission about renouncing my Singapore citizenship but 2 weeks now and still no reply. I rang Canberra last week about my email and some lady said to email and they will send the forms to me through that email. As of today, nothing.

Anyone has any idea why I am not getting anywhere with renouncing citizenship on my own accord?

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Mon, 24 May 2010 3:52 pm

deleted
Last edited by Mad Scientist on Wed, 20 Oct 2010 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

quitter

Post by quitter » Tue, 25 May 2010 10:37 am

Thanks. Finally got an email yesterday from some woman called Eileen...

now I just need to gather all my documents...

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Tue, 25 May 2010 11:07 am

deleted
Last edited by Mad Scientist on Wed, 20 Oct 2010 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

quitter

Post by quitter » Tue, 25 May 2010 11:21 am

Mad Scientist wrote:
quitter wrote:Thanks. Finally got an email yesterday from some woman called Eileen...

now I just need to gather all my documents...
No worries, let us know how you get on with this application.

Throw a line or howl if need help :)

Sure thing! Then we can put an end to the NS liability/reservist debate, unless this is a case by case basis thingy, then we are back to square 1. :???:

Yes the 3 year reservist criteria is 1 part I do not fulfil.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Tue, 25 May 2010 12:26 pm

deleted
Last edited by Mad Scientist on Wed, 20 Oct 2010 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.