Singapore Expats

Services of Tiger Airways

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

How was your experience with Tiger Airways?

Good
53%
Bad
47%

Total votes: 19

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Sun, 18 Apr 2010 1:53 pm

vozzie wrote:Well, this is funny ... I was on the very flight that the original poster talked of.

The issue dragged on for ages and we were late departing because of it. In the end, the Operations people had to be called to restore order. The people, in the end, only had to move 2 seats away from where they were.

Ah, a different perspective . . . kind of makes the OP look . . well . . .

'nuff said Image

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Post by EADG » Sun, 18 Apr 2010 4:08 pm

Same here. On a recent flight to Bali found the seats to be quite uncomfortable, but not so bad as it's a short flight. The seat material makes you slip into an uncomfortable slouching position.

Same for Tiger - the headrest angle is totally unnatural and gives me neck strain and a headache, forces you forward. Again short flights so no big issue.

Have not had any problems with either carrier, but Tiger is harder to get service.

missis wrote:Flown Jetstar to Bali twice in last few months (ie 4 flights). No problems, courteous staff. Only grumble was a late night flight taken recently and the seats were really uncomfortable - but then it was a 2 hr flight so could have been worse...
Have also had several experiences with Airasia - usually fine too though service on board not as good as Jetstar.
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape

Splatted
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Splatted » Sun, 18 Apr 2010 4:37 pm

Vaucluse wrote:
vozzie wrote:Well, this is funny ... I was on the very flight that the original poster talked of.

The issue dragged on for ages and we were late departing because of it. In the end, the Operations people had to be called to restore order. The people, in the end, only had to move 2 seats away from where they were.

Ah, a different perspective . . . kind of makes the OP look . . well . . .
Indeed, though for the sake of 2 rows behind, the person/people that instigated this seat hijacking could have been a little less kiasu.

They probably booked their tickets last minute and expected royal service.

I never get good seats when booking last minute.

vozzie
Regular
Regular

Post by vozzie » Mon, 19 Apr 2010 9:45 am

I remember more about it now ...

They actually had a late aircraft change ... with different seating configuration . That's why they had to schuffle some people around.

But, as I said, I wasn't the one inconvenienced so I do have some sympathy for the poster.

BigSis
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BigSis » Mon, 19 Apr 2010 10:50 pm

I would have asked them to move myself if I'd been in that position and if they'd refused I would have sat behind them and flicked peanuts at them all through the flight :D

Seriously though, I don't know what I would have done in the end but I would have had a few words with them at the outset to see what they said about it.

Do they have some sort of indication which seats are booked and which are not? I've never bothered paying the extra to book seats on Tiger, I just go and take what's on offer (they're short flights and I'm only on there to save money)

Generally the experience of flying budget has been OK - nothing special but that's what you expect. The only one that was bad was with JetStar where they took nearly an hour to come around with the drinks and when they finally got to us they'd run out of nearly everything (and we were only about 5 rows from the front where they started!). Very poor planning on their part, not to mention they must have lost money because you have to pay for all that and half the plane weren't able to buy anything.

clara10

Post by clara10 » Tue, 20 Apr 2010 11:24 am

I've only taken tiger air once to macau. It was pretty good.

Only complain is, the fare is not that cheap. I pay extra $5 each way to choose a seat online, Another extra $12- for check in luggage. I delayed to book the seats for a week ( for some passport reasons). Only 1 week & the fare increased quite a bit!!! :o

Splatted
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Splatted » Tue, 20 Apr 2010 1:08 pm

BigSis wrote:I would have asked them to move myself if I'd been in that position and if they'd refused I would have sat behind them and flicked peanuts at them all through the flight :D
Peanuts don't really hurt.. best to keep a ready supply of Maltesers. They hurt a lot more.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Wed, 21 Apr 2010 12:07 pm

Splatted wrote:
BigSis wrote:I would have asked them to move myself if I'd been in that position and if they'd refused I would have sat behind them and flicked peanuts at them all through the flight :D
Peanuts don't really hurt.. best to keep a ready supply of Maltesers. They hurt a lot more.
Or coconuts.

vozzie wrote:
They actually had a late aircraft change ... with different seating configuration . That's why they had to schuffle some people around.
Brings even more light to the situation . . . so possibly the OP is not as hard done by as is made out

'nuff said Image

carteki
Editor
Editor

Post by carteki » Wed, 21 Apr 2010 2:27 pm

Just had a trip to / from Perth with Tiger. No complaints about the airline, except keeping the light on during the night is weird (I don't recall it from a red-eye that I flew with them in Aug 09)
Splatted wrote:
But maltesers taste much better - they might act up so as to get more...

RalphVR

Post by RalphVR » Fri, 23 Apr 2010 3:29 pm

Hello Folks,

I flew in Tiger airways once to n fro Chennai.. and while coming back,
I pressed the "service" button on top and no body seemed to attend to it. I pressed it again.. just then, one So called -"air hostess" who was attending to another customer two rows in front of mine, came to me n angrily asked me- "can u wait for sometime..?! im attendin to another customer.!!!"..

I was shocked.!

-Ralph Vineeth
vinzlife.blogspot.com

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Mon, 26 Apr 2010 2:51 pm

RalphVR wrote:Hello Folks,

I flew in Tiger airways once to n fro Chennai.. and while coming back,
I pressed the "service" button on top and no body seemed to attend to it. I pressed it again.. just then, one So called -"air hostess" who was attending to another customer two rows in front of mine, came to me n angrily asked me- "can u wait for sometime..?! im attendin to another customer.!!!"..

I was shocked.!

-Ralph Vineeth
vinzlife.blogspot.com
I guess I'd give you the same response if I was taking care of another customer two rows from yours, Ralph. You couldn't have waited a minute or two before repeatedly pressing the call button like a spoiled little child?

Oh, Ralph Vineeth . . . I guess that makes sense

'nuff said Image

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 27 Apr 2010 5:40 am

Vaucluse wrote:I guess I'd give you the same response if I was taking care of another customer two rows from yours
And that's why probably you should not be an "air hostess" 8-)

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Tue, 27 Apr 2010 10:25 am

x9200 wrote:
Vaucluse wrote:I guess I'd give you the same response if I was taking care of another customer two rows from yours
And that's why probably you should not be an "air hostess" 8-)
If I were it would have to be for an airline that wears longs dresses or skirts as I just can't seem to keep my legs hairless for more than a few days at a time . . . do you realise how many epilady I go through in a month?!

'nuff said Image

x9200

Post by x9200 » Wed, 28 Apr 2010 8:39 pm

Vaucluse wrote: If I were it would have to be for an airline that wears longs dresses or skirts as I just can't seem to keep my legs hairless for more than a few days at a time . . . do you realise how many epilady I go through in a month?!
Yes, this could be another good reason. For example the Emirates, not bad at all, but for increased safety Persian Air may be a better choice.

geerang
Regular
Regular

Re: Services of Tiger Airways

Post by geerang » Thu, 13 May 2010 9:21 pm

wineman wrote:hi ALL,

I have the most horrendous experience during my very first time to use Tiger Airways to go to Krabi, Thailand. From Singapore to Krabi, Tiger Airways is the only direct flight available. Despite friends telling me not to take budget airlines, I thought it cannot be that bad since it is a Singapore owned company and SIA has shares in this airlines. Boy was I wrong!

On 15 March 2010, after boarding TR182 plane to Krabi at Singapore Budget Terminal, we found our seats occupied by other passengers. We nicely spoke to the CIC, and she told us there was nothing she can do. Didn't even bother to check with the passengers who took our seats! Then she ask the Ground Staff from APS (a subsidiary of Singapore SATS Company in charge of Changi Airport operations) to talk to us.

As soon as the Ground Staff from APS, came to us, the lady spoke to us loudly that either we find ourselves seats in the plane or she would want us to disembark the plane. Then she walked to the Pilot's door, gave the door a knock and started talking to the walkie-talkie. She gave us the "you deserve it using Tiger Airways and not other budget airlines" look!!!

Intimidated, we quietly find two seats to be seated ourselves. All this in front of all the passengers in the plane. How embarrassing.

Of course we wrote to the Tiger Airways after we returned from Krabi. BTW, Tiger Airways do not believe in ECO-FRIENDLY or emails. Hence no email address to write to them. Only a Fax number. So you have to print out your complaint letter and fax to them.

Until today, 2 weeks have passed, no reply from Tiger Airways.

So... I would like everyone to share their experience with Tiger Airways. Either good ones or bad ones...

I am planning to visit oriental Hainan Island for holiday this year. Again the only direct flight to Hainan Island is .. you name it.

Please refrain from naming individuals to protect their privacy and to avoid any possible legal action against Singaporeexpats. Thank you for your co-operation.

Moderator.

I don't get it, so what's so rude about the whole episode?
Sgporean in France for one year master degree. Back to Spore by 2011!