Singapore Expats

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
shinangel

Post by shinangel » Sun, 18 Apr 2010 4:33 pm

pinkcherry111 wrote:Do you really have to reoperate every two years? Like the nose worsens every two years and you have to go under the knife again? If that's the case, I'll be forever paying for my nose job! lol

anyone answer me please?
Gosh, could you really imagine reoperating every once in a while?! Surgery, whether plastic or not, is supposed to be a once-and-never-again experience. No surgeon is keen on performing surgery, and no patient is keen on undergoing it, because a lot of risks, time, money, and efforts are involved. So the result of a surgical intervention is implicitly meant to be permanent. Like the other forumers said, it's only when the outcome doesn't meet the expectations that reoperation could/should be considered, depending on the gravity of the issue.

Problems which we not seldom face in surgery in general, and PS in particular, are graft-related ones. And as we know, the body tends to reject grafts when they are not autologous. However, there is ongoing research to make better non-autologous grafts. In the meanwhile, of course, for some type of surgeries, like breast augmentation for instance, there is no other option than going back to the surgeon every once in a while to have the impant replaced by another one.

This being said, once again, surgery in general, is not meant to be repeated! Numerous attempts could only damage your body.

pinkcherry111

Post by pinkcherry111 » Mon, 19 Apr 2010 3:10 am

I am really convinced to have a rhino in Seoul rather than in Taiwan. But the only problem is that I realize that the rhinos in Seoul usually involve silicons. Is there any happy patients with silicon noses, in the long term? I am looking for something for a long term and I've read a lot that autologous is the wiser choice but really, silicons are not for long term? is it true?

shinangel

Post by shinangel » Mon, 19 Apr 2010 3:35 am

pinkcherry111 wrote:I am really convinced to have a rhino in Seoul rather than in Taiwan. But the only problem is that I realize that the rhinos in Seoul usually involve silicons. Is there any happy patients with silicon noses, in the long term? I am looking for something for a long term and I've read a lot that autologous is the wiser choice but really, silicons are not for long term? is it true?
Dr. Jung does autologous if insisted upon, because he tends to work a lot with goretex. There must be a few other Korean clinics using autologous wich are mentioned in this thread (or the purse forum one).

missfoxxxy
Regular
Regular

ghfdghf

Post by missfoxxxy » Mon, 19 Apr 2010 8:18 pm

hi babes! how long must I wait before it totally deswells ah?

I show you a photo of me now I look weird!

aiya my photos are not very clear. shit. nvm. just pleaseplease tell me if it will become smaller, it's been like, 2 months!! ):

and the stiches inside are NOT dropping off!! ):

pinkcherry111

Post by pinkcherry111 » Tue, 20 Apr 2010 12:00 am

thanks, shinangel... i just read lots and lots of unsatisfied people who chose silicon. i mean, they're not satisfied with the result after a few years... so i wonder if there is any satisfied silicon patients.. those who had done it for years.....

shinangel

Re: ghfdghf

Post by shinangel » Tue, 20 Apr 2010 12:49 am

missfoxxxy wrote:hi babes! how long must I wait before it totally deswells ah?

aiya my photos are not very clear. shit. nvm. just pleaseplease tell me if it will become smaller, it's been like, 2 months!! ):

Some stitches are meant to resorb instead of being removed.

terrie35
Chatter
Chatter

Post by terrie35 » Tue, 20 Apr 2010 1:07 am

shinangel wrote:

Hey, foxxie, 2 months is still too short, it seems it takes up to a year to see final result.

terrie35
Chatter
Chatter

Post by terrie35 » Tue, 20 Apr 2010 1:08 am

shinangel wrote:

Hey, miss foxxxy, 2 months is still too short, it seems it takes up to a year to see final result.

missfoxxxy
Regular
Regular

hjghjg

Post by missfoxxxy » Tue, 20 Apr 2010 2:19 am

omg, any one of you tried to remove the stitches yourself?

cause I did &now my nose is bleeding excessively -_-

belle80

Planning to go to Taipei around end of July

Post by belle80 » Tue, 20 Apr 2010 12:59 pm

Hello All,

Is anyone planning to go to Taipei around end of July/beginning August.
I'm planning to go in for a few procedure, and was wondering if anyone is interested to go along. I'm not too keen to brave the trip myself,.... :P

I am female, 29yrs and will be coming from Australia (speak english and some mandarin). I plan to see Dr. Hsu and Dr. Chuang. If anyone is going around that time and would like to buddy up, please let me know.
At this stage my schedule is quite flexible
:D

bella10

Post by bella10 » Tue, 20 Apr 2010 1:45 pm

Bella80,

Wow our screen names are so similar and I posted a similar post a few weeks ago about wanting a buddy to go to Taipei. lol

belle80

Post by belle80 » Tue, 20 Apr 2010 1:52 pm

bella10 wrote:Bella80,

Wow our screen names are so similar and I posted a similar post a few weeks ago about wanting a buddy to go to Taipei. lol

Hey Bella10,

I know, it's weird hey. For a moment there when i saw your msg, it was like, hmmm did i have an amnesia cause i don't recall posting anything here.

I almost wanted to msg you to ask if we should go together, but after some thought, I'm not sure if i can make June.....
Have you got all your stuff planned??
:D

bella10

Post by bella10 » Wed, 21 Apr 2010 6:33 am

Hi Bella80.

I actually haven't gotten all my stuff planned and I am wondering if I will. It is nearly impossible to get in contact with Dr. Chuang. I want to go to Dr. Chuang and Dr. Kao and I see that you're going to Dr. Chuang and Dr. Hsu. Have you contacted Dr. Chuang yet? I've been emailing since january and I called twice but he is just so busy.

I don't know how he expects me to come in June if I can't contact him. I am still trying though.

slk2000

Post by slk2000 » Wed, 21 Apr 2010 10:29 am

Anybody's going to see Dr Kao ard 15 May - 28 May? Wanna link up?

terrie35
Chatter
Chatter

dr chuang

Post by terrie35 » Wed, 21 Apr 2010 10:42 am

bella10 wrote:Hi Bella80.

I actually haven't gotten all my stuff planned and I am wondering if I will. It is nearly impossible to get in contact with Dr. Chuang. I want to go to Dr. Chuang and Dr. Kao and I see that you're going to Dr. Chuang and Dr. Hsu. Have you contacted Dr. Chuang yet? I've been emailing since january and I called twice but he is just so busy.

I don't know how he expects me to come in June if I can't contact him. I am still trying though.
You can ring dr chuang's clinic to make appt to be on the same day as your arrival. Emailing seems no use, he is very busy and works till late at night. A phone call to the clinic is more effective.