Singapore Expats

EPEC

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
shkha

EPEC

Post by shkha » Fri, 09 Apr 2010 3:43 pm

Hi guys.I am ACCA affiliate with Bsc degree from oxford brokes university?Can I get EPEC on above qualification.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 09 Apr 2010 4:16 pm

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

shkha

Post by shkha » Fri, 09 Apr 2010 8:02 pm

Dear Oxford Brokes university is present in the above list provided by you but ACCA is not present there.I was not a full time student at Oxford brokes university.I got that degree on the basis of ACCA exams after a thesis.
Someone who applied for EPEC on the basis of above qualification, please share the outcome.

wcs
Chatter
Chatter

Post by wcs » Sun, 11 Apr 2010 2:57 am

Oxford Brookes is listed there so you have a shot.

The government may not accept all degrees from the institution, and they definitely have a preference for a degree to be studied full-time, especially when it comes to recognition of Law degrees.

Chances are you maybe the first person here to try this, despite the ACCA upgrade to a degree being around for about ten years.

Give it a shot and let us all know if you have been successful.

Good Luck! :)

shkha

Post by shkha » Sun, 11 Apr 2010 12:08 pm

Thanks WCS for ur reply.
Dear I actually want to join an audit firm (preferably big 4) in Singapore.Suppose I get EPEC and arrive there , what r my chances of getting into an audit firm?Do they prefer local university graduates or ACCA qualified r also considered for entry level jobs in big4 or others?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 11 Apr 2010 1:03 pm

Frankly you have an uphill swim ahead of you. Don't quit your day job. It's going to be difficult to do. Not because you don't have the qualifications, but because there are dozens, nay, 100's of local graduates with equally good degrees (actually, were your degree is from is only good for getting you the EPEC. Having an EPEC still does not guarantee that you will get a job, even if the employer wants you. If the position is not "niche" enough, then your employer will be hard pressed to convince the MOM that it "Needs" to hire a foreigner instead of a local to do the same job.

Give it a shot, but don't put all your marbles in one bag.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

shkha

Post by shkha » Sun, 11 Apr 2010 11:35 pm

Thanks brothers for ur guidance.I shall have a go at it.Hope I can settle down in Singapore.

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”