Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
dydy

Post by dydy » Mon, 05 Apr 2010 8:37 pm

Guys, we got an email from SIA to go down for an interview at STC this coming Thursday.

We went on 20 March to Sheraton, but the queues were too long and was being cut off.

I'm a lil apprehensive in going because I've already made it through Jetstar and will start training next month. Have yet to sign the contract though, so I can actually still give SQ a try. :???:

lovely yaw!

Qualification

Post by lovely yaw! » Mon, 05 Apr 2010 9:07 pm

I don't have o'lvl but I do have a Higher Nitec cert. Is it acceptable? Anyone care to advise? =S

jusblaze

Post by jusblaze » Mon, 05 Apr 2010 11:22 pm

Got a little question here. I've went through all the interviews and now at the medical stage. Is SIA very stringent with the medical because I'm was in army and ever broke my ankle and a little bit of the bone got chipped off but it isn't serious. However, medically it is called a fracture and it makes it sound so serious. I'm going to get an x ray report which is very objective but I will back it up with 2 letters from the doctor. Will they cut me because of this? I can run and jump and do sport like before when I was a combatant(currently temp pes E1L9) because the doctor never review my pes status and extended my temp instead.

citruxleafs

Post by citruxleafs » Tue, 06 Apr 2010 11:43 am

its weird, i receive a call from sia yesterday calling me to go training but the date that they gave me i couldn't make it in time to attend so i ask for a change of date.
The lady suddenly got very pissed off at me and told me that if i wan to change of date i need to email them stating a reason.
I need to tender and serve 1 full month before i could leave my current co, hence i need to change the date.
But she gave me a very generic email add and ask me to email her cos she say my application is not with her anymore.
Its so weird, now that i have resigned and haven heard from them, i'm like hanging in the air...
anyone encounter this before? will they actually replied cos its been 2 days and if they don't reply or decide not to let me join i will be jobless soon.... :o

XziBiTz

Post by XziBiTz » Tue, 06 Apr 2010 11:48 am

Hey Citruxleafs,

When did you went for your employment briefing? You got a call for your medics results with a joining date? Or have they already called you for your medic results before?

screamb & charchilp,

Any updates on your end? I went for employment briefing on 23rd march too.. Still have not got a call yet...

citruxleafs

Post by citruxleafs » Tue, 06 Apr 2010 1:59 pm

XziBiTz wrote:Hey Citruxleafs,

When did you went for your employment briefing? You got a call for your medics results with a joining date? Or have they already called you for your medic results before?

screamb & charchilp,

Any updates on your end? I went for employment briefing on 23rd march too.. Still have not got a call yet...
Hi XziBiTz

I didnt went for any employment briefing, i didnt know there is such a thing?
This lady called to tell me that i have cleared my medical and gave me a date and asked if i could attend the training on the given date. She asked when i could join after i resign and give her a date that i could join them, which i did and i tell her that i wont be in time to join on the given date....

XziBiTz

Post by XziBiTz » Tue, 06 Apr 2010 2:11 pm

That's strange... When did you last cleared all rounds of the interview? Was it in March20th?

Your Singaporean right?

citruxleafs

Post by citruxleafs » Tue, 06 Apr 2010 2:23 pm

XziBiTz wrote:That's strange... When did you last cleared all rounds of the interview? Was it in March20th?

Your Singaporean right?
Ya i am singaporean, i went for walk in interview on 20 March but did not have enough time for management round so i went to STC and cleared my management round on 26 March. Went for medical on 27 March and receive the call yesterday on 5 April...

What abt u?u waiting for training date?

citruxleafs

Post by citruxleafs » Tue, 06 Apr 2010 2:26 pm

XziBiTz, how long u state for ur notice period?

XziBiTz

Post by XziBiTz » Tue, 06 Apr 2010 3:41 pm

My notice period is immediate & this week would be my 3rd week waiting for news on my medicals.

I know a girl in my group who also need to go for management round on the 26th cause it was full too but have no idea if she made it or not. Funny you didn't have an employment briefing and instead got a phone call in a week time on the joining date. Wow your lucky...

When is the joining date they offered you? I wouldn't fret much if i were you, cause your already in, they can't force you to join immediately if you have stated that you need to hand in 1 month's notice.

citruxleafs

Post by citruxleafs » Tue, 06 Apr 2010 4:53 pm

XziBitz, i guess cos ur notice is immediate so they will call you at a later date nearer to training?my group girls also didnt receive the call yet or they call randomly?
I got to give 1 month notice so i they called me to serve my notice first?
My given training date is on first week of May.
But the funny thing is i ask to change the date but the lady gave me a generic email,to send to state my reason for not able to join in time. that email add is a very old email which i cant post here, i guess..
Now i am wondering if anyone saw my email cos i got no response at all, no phone call, no email no nothing and the best thing is i have resigned...gosh.
Sigh now i am afraid they put me into the KIV list already because she say my application is not with her anymore, than where is my application?i don't wanna be jobless... :???:

XziBiTz

Post by XziBiTz » Tue, 06 Apr 2010 5:01 pm

Yea.. alot of possibilities on how they arrange to call someone.. I'm getting paranoid i guess..

On your case, do you have the number that the lady called you with? You could give the number a call back and inquire more. It could also be true, that they want you to be able to join in a month's time that's why they called you earlier so that when you give your notice it'll be just nice to join in May.

Best thing now is to wait for their reply or try calling them back.

sarongpartygirl

to dydy

Post by sarongpartygirl » Tue, 06 Apr 2010 5:10 pm

hey dydy, i will be gng down on thrusday also, but what time will you be gng, and do we need to bring anythig extra?

citruxleafs

Post by citruxleafs » Tue, 06 Apr 2010 5:46 pm

XziBiTz, dont worry ok cos she told me the next training is on May, so she might call you soon!
I guess i will call her next week if i still didn't heard from her cos i called her yesterday and she sound pissed off with me...well, i am not the only applicants she have so i guess i just gotta wait again...

Hope i can meet you at the training!

harajukugirl
Regular
Regular

Re: to dydy

Post by harajukugirl » Tue, 06 Apr 2010 6:02 pm

sarongpartygirl wrote:hey dydy, i will be gng down on thrusday also, but what time will you be gng, and do we need to bring anythig extra?
hi sarongpartygirl, do you mean that you received a reply from them via e-mail?

the e-mail should state what you need to bring.