Singapore Expats

CCTV overkill? Toa Payoh

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Sun, 04 Apr 2010 2:58 pm

JR8 wrote:'I came from military background. '

Hahaha.
Yeah!

My English grandpa fought on the Somme, my other grandpa (in occupied territorty) was taken off and interrogated by the gestapo *three* times [my mother says, each time he was dragged out, standing their as a 8-10 year old they never thought they'd see him again]

My Dad shipped out here to fight the invaders in '44. Me... none of your business.

So please don't give me any heroics
Is he drunk just after mid-day? Hmm, no wonder he had his posts deleted at the Angry Board.

Deary me, another 'You'd all be speaking German/Japanese/whatever' . . . . Image

'nuff said Image

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sun, 04 Apr 2010 4:16 pm

What's your point Vaucluse?

Rounding in for a 'We all think ... (let's all kick the guy)'?

It was certainly not just me that had posts deleted on the Angry Board, we all did, whole topics. In fact often the more helpful they were, the more likely to be deleted... ironic eh

Maybe there is something in my post you would like to discuss, rather than just attacking me instead? Give it a go eh?

p.s. By the way your avatar is crap

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sun, 04 Apr 2010 4:29 pm

['Really? So can you give me an example of when Israel, the US or UK have released a cat AAA prisoner intentionally?']

That's totally cool Mad Scientist. I wouldn't overestimate the meaning of 'twit', it is so meagre as to almost be a term of affection :) No offence to you buddy intended 8-[ .

If anyone can come back on when Israel, the US or UK have intentionally released prisoners I'd be interested though. Simple question. Bit bored of such claimants tying things up in angry nots, and not answering the question

Give us some examples!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 04 Apr 2010 5:18 pm

JR8 wrote:'I came from military background. '

Hahaha.
Yeah!

My English grandpa fought on the Somme, my other grandpa (in occupied territorty) was taken off and interrogated by the gestapo *three* times [my mother says, each time he was dragged out, standing their as a 8-10 year old they never thought they'd see him again]

My Dad shipped out here to fight the invaders in '44. Me... none of your business.

So please don't give me any heroics
You do know, the jokes on you. You are the one who is starting to look like the fool. :roll:

How do you know what ksl's background is? Or mine. Or anybody on this board. Unless you can back it up yourself, which I seriously doubt. So far, you don't seem to have contributed anything here except grousing about other people. Frankly, "I wouldn't overestimate the meaning of 'twit'" is probably the most profound statement you have made so far. And frankly, I am starting to get weary of this garbage. So please can it.

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sun, 04 Apr 2010 5:29 pm

Que?

I didn't say anything about 'KSL' or you... I have no idea who either of you are..... byee!

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Sun, 04 Apr 2010 10:31 pm

JR8 wrote:Que?

I didn't say anything about 'KSL' or you... I have no idea who either of you are..... byee!
Here is your government freeing a terrorist early, for indirect financial benefits, and diplomatic reasons. Strategies and goals of governments.
Read carefully and you will also see the medical doctors were actually paid by Libya, to smooth the transition of release by saying he only had 3 months to live, no doubt a list of other terrorist suspects or intelligence was gathered at the same time.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/tele ... -gets.html

Israel releases prisoners political strategies

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/111648.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sun, 04 Apr 2010 11:10 pm

We'll rewind - YET - again...

['Really? So can you give me an example of when Israel, the US or UK have released a cat AAA prisoner intentionally?']

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Sun, 04 Apr 2010 11:30 pm

JR8 wrote:We'll rewind - YET - again...

Let me remind you what a twit says and expects an answer!
So can you give me an example of when Israel, the US or UK have released a cat AAA prisoner intentionally? (No you can't can you you twit, you're using a 'throw a can of paint at it generalisation').
I often hear people proudly boast, "I don't believe in conspiracy theories", as if they are boasting that they don't have an alcohol problem :lol: You wouldn't be a AA prisoner by any chance :)

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sun, 04 Apr 2010 11:59 pm

So in in simple terms that's 'no' then lol.

So when it was was suggested that Israel, the US and UK all release cat AAA prisoners on purpose that was in fact bollocks.

Agreed?

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 05 Apr 2010 12:04 am

And in fact having Mas Selamat escape from a jail here is so funny, it makes a mockery of the 'thorough' 'efficient' justice in this country [genuinely creasing over double now].

If anyone cares to address the question though, that would be nice.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 05 Apr 2010 12:06 am

ksl wrote:

So can you give me an example of when Israel, the US or UK have released a cat AAA prisoner intentionally? (No you can't can you you twit, you're using a 'throw a can of paint at it generalisation').
I often hear people proudly boast, "I don't believe in conspiracy theories", as if they are boasting that they don't have an alcohol problem :lol: You wouldn't be a AA prisoner by any chance :)

I find you foul-mouthed.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Mon, 05 Apr 2010 1:50 am

JR8 wrote:
ksl wrote:

I find you foul-mouthed.
Well I guess that calls for my apology, because It wasn't intended to come over like that after all, I drink the hard stuff like Barons more than i should :lol: So I can relate to what I wrote in truth!
JR8: So in in simple terms that's 'no' then lol.
No it is not! The difference is who knows about these things happening and who doesn't know, so its not that simple at all.
The links I posted were in good intentions to inform you that governments make plans and strategies, someone has intentionally made a decision to release prisoners of high security for reasons, that do not have to be broadcast to the public. But they are intentionally made forever what reason, can you fathom that out? So you are far from right in your assumptions, that it doesn't happen. However Singapore's case who really knows? Do you know about the police incompetence?

I was under the impression no police was involved in the security, in fact Gurkha's trained by the British Army at the prison along with prison staff was in charge of security of the perimeter.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 05 Apr 2010 5:50 am

Thanks but don't worry KSL... we're entirely cool, and I know that that Barons is pretty damned evil stuff :0

I have a problem accepting the 'how do we know' line, Yeah I have no doubt all manner of whacko stuff goes on that we are never told about, but I do not believe that it follows that hence almost anything is possible.

So is it fair to say that Mas Selemat escaped due to SG imcompetance, rather than being shown the back door with a pat on the back as a part of some cunning plan? Let's draw a line under that one...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are Ghurkas in SG British trained? How on earth does that work then?! Honest curiosity...

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 05 Apr 2010 5:58 am

'I was under the impression no police was involved in the security, in fact Gurkha's trained by the British Army at the prison along with prison staff was in charge of security of the perimeter.'

Maybe that was the problem and how Mas Selemat ran off through a toilet window haha... I agree though that it is almost like something from a 60's Ealing comedy that a AAA prisoner can escape through a toilet window.

You would have thought there might be better procedures for dealing with someone who has threatened the well-being of the entire country wouldn't you?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 05 Apr 2010 7:13 am

Just to bed this topic. Yeah, I know a country other than Singapore. After a truckbomb went off in the WTC years ago, it's still didn't wake us Yanks up did it? Until they flew a couple of planes into 'em.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers