Singapore Expats

Tips on losing weight ( lots of weight ).

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
XziBiTz

Post by XziBiTz » Thu, 01 Apr 2010 10:03 pm

Jogging.. hard on the mills folks. Move them phat thangs.. Very Very crucial.

Heartbeat gotta be hitting hard always. So the faster you jog the more your gonna loose. Do split seconds sprints and minutes of jogging every now and than & you'd burn double.. Try and reply.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 01 Apr 2010 10:19 pm

XziBiTz wrote:Jogging.. hard on the mills folks. Move them phat thangs.. Very Very crucial.

Heartbeat gotta be hitting hard always. So the faster you jog the more your gonna loose. Do split seconds sprints and minutes of jogging every now and than & you'd burn double.. Try and reply.
Do you have any idea of what you are saying? Do you have any idea how long it would take to burn enough calories to remove 1 lb of fat by running (aside from water loss, as as soon as you drink water you will rehydrate those water losses.

:roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

XziBiTz

Post by XziBiTz » Fri, 02 Apr 2010 12:10 am

My dear friend... Aside from getting enough post so that i can start pming.(which honestly i don't see why 2 other of my post needs to be deleted.)

I have been a natural bodybuilder for 3 & 1/2 years now. I have close friends who are fitness instructors & bodybuilders whom have won competitions.

I can see that the way I've posted above seems very (like not professional at all) is simply because.. i wish to approach this topic in layman terms.

To add on dramatically losing the pounds and Water Retention as you've mentioned. Do try hydroxycut (caffeine free preferably for those who are first-timers). And like mentioned... Jog! Work it out hard. Highly recommend 5 times a week with at least 25-30mins of high intensive jogging or do split intervals on sprinting and jogging(you'll burn double calories) (For intervals... all you need is 10 - 15 mins 4-5 times a week. YES. Believe it!)

The key in achieving this and beating water retention is very simple... 1) Control your diet and keep it clean. 2) CONSISTENCY. 3) i know this might sound new to some of you... Keep drinking plenty of water thru-out the day.

Not an April Fools joke. Just my 2 cents worth.
Last edited by XziBiTz on Fri, 02 Apr 2010 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

XziBiTz

Post by XziBiTz » Fri, 02 Apr 2010 12:11 am

Wish to add anything on sundaymorningstaple ?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 02 Apr 2010 1:16 am

Two things. We don't like garbage posts just to get enough posts to use the PM function. The whole purpose of the post count is to keep spammers from spamming our regulars (like PT persons for example or MLM'rs selling supplements).

And secondly, the people you are preaching to here are not body builders. Most are FAT or at the least 5 to 10 kg or more overweight. What you are telling them to do is great if you already have a level of fitness. At least, now, you finally added the most important part of losing weight (which is not the exercise at all, that just creates muscle mass - which will help to burn fat, I grant you, but not rapidly). Diet and keeping well hydrated is the best way to lose weight (not fad diets, but nutritionally balanced diets without supplements - you only need supplements if you are body building and that you won't find on this site. So if you want to give advice, please remember who your readers are.

Frankly, what you are advising, if a person doesn't have a suitable level of fitness to start with and is overweight by more than 10kg, doing what you are advising is going to cause the person to do serious damage to their knees and foot bones due to the additional weight without the muscle strength to carry it. You should be advising people how to lose weight "before" starting a serious exercise programme. You don't try to put the cart before the horse. That's the trouble with body builders, nothing between the ears except muscle and little else. Especially those that are taking supplements like hydroxycut. You claim you are a natural body builder? Then why are you pushing supplements?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

XziBiTz

Post by XziBiTz » Fri, 02 Apr 2010 2:31 am

I beg to differ, This regime.. was done for a close friend of mine who was 106++ overweight with a height of 1.64. Do the math and you'd know how Overweight he is.

To put it to you. Maybe you should not assume to much cause you really don't know me well. And i rather not spill my life's experience or prove my point in anything.

I'd just like to put a small note for reference. This guy, was trained & motivated by ME. I watched him loose pounds for pounds till he dropped at 78kg. Thereafter, he was on his own, and just last year, he won third in a bodybuilding competition.

I watched this person, saw his flat tummy, trained and sweat WITH him. I know all this, because he is my childhood friend. And i see nothing wrong with hydroxy cut as it helps in burning fat.(u must jog n be consistent)

I will note however,
Kindly please be comfortable with your jogging routine First before jumping into sprinting intervals.*

There are alot of other methods and tips. To each of each own. My way was seen, proven and achieved. I hope i have helped or given some valuable information to those who need help.

Best Wishes.
P.S.. being a bodybuilder does not make you less smart or less human or less knowledgeable even when it comes to training overweight individuals. Cheers!

SunWuKong
Regular
Regular

Post by SunWuKong » Fri, 02 Apr 2010 8:12 am

Without specific reference to the charming conversation above, I'd like to add two points.

Two foods that are quite effective at raising the calorific output of the body are extra virgin coconut oil and hot chillies.

Mash a banana with a fair amount of coconut oil and consume for the benefits. Although you should be careful what you wish for if you are living in a hot, humid country like Singapore.

As for chillies, they need to be hot. The active constituent is Capsaicin, which works its magic by interfering with and reducing the efficiency of the production of ATP. The by product of said inefficiency being heat.

Now to the second point. In the context of exercising for fat reduction it makes more sense to burn fat directly as a fuel, rather that consuming glucose through the ATP pathway and then transforming fat stores.

With this outcome in mind it is much better to utilize slow twitch (predominantly fat burning) muscle rather than fast twitch (ATP burning) muscle. Running uses both, and the faster one runs the more ATP and less fat that is utilized.

Enter cycling. Jump on the cycle machine and push away 60 rpm at a given energy output and one will still be burning ATP predominantly. However as the cycling speed rises the fast twitch muscle fibers, ironically, can not keep up and the load switches to the slow twitch muscle fibers. At speeds in excess of 90 rpm the main fuel burnt is FAT. For real fat burning, its the faster the better, so if you are able to cycle faster, do so. Professional cyclists are able to maintain rates of 140+ rpm. Although they may not be able to do that on your gyms trusty ball breaker.

A note to the wise. You will feel like you are not doing as much work when your feet are flying at high rpm, however this is an illusion and the energy output is the same as when the rpm are low and you feel like you are doing it hard.

Cheers.
The nature of Monkey was ... irrepressible!

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 02 Apr 2010 12:35 pm

I"m actually a firm believer of cycling, both stationary and on-the-road/track and swimming and would agree with you 100%. Additionally, it is a good way to get the basic underlying muscle groups back into fitness WITHOUT doing damage to one's joints. And, as you say, as it gets easier, up the rate. Can still do the same duration. You'll get no disagreement from me there. And you don't need additives or supplements to do it either. Do it the healthy way. I also use a cross trainer but I'm not a great fan of it, but it's good when the weather sucks and it's also low impact on the joints. I can't stress how important it is to take care of your joints. I'm 62 now, and was/am (in remission due to healthy living) a 30 year gout sufferer. The youngsters here thinks it's crap, but having lived a very physical life for 30 years as a commercial diver and then an overweight office slug for 20 years, my revelations come late in life, but not to late for me to do something about it, albeit a little late but at least I recognized it before I am no longer able to walk.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 02 Apr 2010 1:16 pm

Another vote for cycling. Jogging bores me. 8-)
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

SunWuKong
Regular
Regular

Post by SunWuKong » Fri, 02 Apr 2010 2:32 pm

SunWuKong wrote:Running uses both, and the faster one runs the more ATP and less fat that is utilized.
This isn't quite true and I'd like to qualify it before someone notices and hits me in the head with it :)

Jogging slow or sprinting use more ATP, whilst a three quarter pace should burn the most fat. That being said if you load your body up with glucose before you run, you will be less likely to dip into those fat reserves at all.
The nature of Monkey was ... irrepressible!