Singapore Expats

MBA, CFA

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
tdecoop

MBA, CFA

Post by tdecoop » Thu, 25 Mar 2010 10:01 pm

Hi all,

I am planning to relocate to Singapore and have an MBA Finance and I am CFA. In addition I have several years of experience in equities and Pm management.

How hard is it to find a job in banking / capital markets in Singapore with my qualifications?
I am planning to go to Singapore soon for 3 week or so to look for a position. Will it be sufficent?

I was wondering if anyone has been in my situation before and have succeeded in finding the job. Is it a good time to look for a job next summer ?

Sorry..too many questions but would really appreciate some input.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Thomas

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by FaeLLe » Fri, 26 Mar 2010 1:53 am

I would recommend you to not leave whatever job you have in hand prior to getting one confirmed in Singapore.

Looks like everything is hard there and pressures from various arms of the government to hold out / restrict foreign talent.

You can apply remotely and once your EP is approved look at moving.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 26 Mar 2010 7:24 am

Very good advice from Faelle. I would also add that in yesterdays paper there was an article that StanChart was about to add 100 bankers to it's Asian roster. How many foreigners that will encompass is another story, but it wouldn't hurt to investigate. There, I've given you and umpteen others a nice lead. Jump on it. :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

carteki
Editor
Editor

Post by carteki » Fri, 26 Mar 2010 5:07 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Very good advice from Faelle. I would also add that in yesterdays paper there was an article that StanChart was about to add 100 bankers to it's Asian roster. How many foreigners that will encompass is another story, but it wouldn't hurt to investigate. There, I've given you and umpteen others a nice lead. Jump on it. :wink:
ummm, the 100 bankers are based in India over the next 24 months according to the article I read.

tdecoop

Post by tdecoop » Mon, 29 Mar 2010 5:41 pm

I really apreciate...
Thank you for your advice