Singapore Expats

Jobs in Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
rajumatix

Jobs in Singapore

Post by rajumatix » Thu, 11 Mar 2010 2:04 am

Hi All, I am on a depandant visa and am a trained Hindustani Classical Vocalatist. Can I teach freelance ?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 11 Mar 2010 6:54 am

Did the search function on this site break or something? I could have sworn I used it yesterday to answer somebody's question. I know that answer is on here as well. Try using it. :-|
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by FaeLLe » Fri, 12 Mar 2010 6:49 pm

Freelancing on DP has been covered before you could search it up on this forum.

sanna

Post by sanna » Sun, 28 Mar 2010 7:29 pm

No, you need to apply for work permit. Check MOM website.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 28 Mar 2010 7:33 pm

sanna wrote:No, you need to apply for work permit. Check MOM website.
You cannot apply for a work permit unless you have an employer. I suggest you go back and read the OP's opening post. She/he wants to freelance. :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by FaeLLe » Sun, 28 Mar 2010 8:27 pm

Or file for an Entrepass if you dont want to be linked to your husbands EP for security reasons.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 28 Mar 2010 8:54 pm

Big difference between freelancing as a vocal teacher and setting up a company with a minimum turnover and having to hire x number of staff under the new requirements of the EntrePass. Somehow I don't that that will fly.

Don't worry though, ksl will show up later with some left field interpretation that convinces himself that they can do it if they are willing to fight the system. :P

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Mon, 29 Mar 2010 9:41 am

Apply for the letter of consent to work, and ask your spouse to sponsor, under the sole proprietorship, online registration with ACRA. You need a Singpass to register.
movingtospore:Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:48 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just an update - I am now a happy sole proprietor on a dependent's pass.

Register online - don't waste your time with MOM.

OP you may have a more difficult time with a partnership, but they seem to still be allowing sole proprietor registrations via ACRA. I'm guessing the two bureaucracies don't talk or they do and don't agree.

Seems that applying for PR is still the safest way to go in the long run though.
http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/sutra447657.html
Don't worry though, ksl will show up later with some left field interpretation that convinces himself that they can do it if they are willing to fight the system.
:P Not my interpretation :wink:

rajumatix

Post by rajumatix » Sat, 10 Apr 2010 12:59 am

Thank you very much Ksl & Sms !
BaD SpellerS of thE worLd - Untie !